WRs

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
We need a big, physical WR that can get open consistently or at least make contested catches like Mike Williams did in 2010 (or Joe J in 2005). I love Golden Tate's play breaking threat, but he gets marginalized in big games. He was absent today (again), and that's a disturbing trend. We need that "go to" guy that can bail Russell out.

I know our offense is not built to feature one guy, but lately its consistently struggling to reach 100 yards passing, let alone 200. Of course the play calling factors in here...in fact, I don't remember too many passes thrown Golden's way. But if he was dominating his match ups, don't you think we would see more big games from #81?

We are still going to win the Super Bowl, but this is an area where I see room for improvement for our dynasty.

2_0_6

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1c9rlqiy said:
General Manager":1c9rlqiy said:
They will address this and I think they pull the trigger in round one.

Seems obvious. I'd be shocked if we don't go WR or OL in Round 1. Or perhaps a play making TE.

Sefarian Jenkins would be nice :lol:

General Manager

Reaction score
At this point it's gone from a concern to, we have to upgrade the WR position period. Harvin is great when he's on the field Rice will likely be gone because he can't stay healthy. There's really no choice they have to invest some draft capital at WR or maybe TE. If we go TE though that guy really has to be good because we don't throw to them alot and we just drafted Willson last year.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Our WRs are just flat out awful sorry but true. Harvin plays for a half and we come to life? Then goes out and eh . Our current WRs just don't get open . The only one I can justify is Baldwin but he also needs a true 1 WR to really get open . Golden Tate is well not clutch it seems.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
They get no separation all of there catches are contested. Harvin was actually getting off his man with some space today, and it seemed like Wilson trusted it. A large possession WR has to be high on the needs list.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2iit7i3n said:
in fact, I don't remember too many passes thrown Golden's way. But if he was dominating his match ups, don't you think we would see more big games from #81?

Golden was targeted the most at 5, but only caught 1. He definitely didn't have his best day today. Whether that was because he was dropping balls or Russell was being inaccurate with his passes, I couldn't say as I only listened to the game.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Golden Tate disappears in big games. He needs a better WR on the field opposite of him, because he's clearly no #1. I'd say let another team blow $6+ mil on him this offseason while we get a guy with size

Hawks46

Reaction score
Funny, I was thinking the same thing: if BMW would've made it another year, Wilson would've had a hey day chucking that ball up for grabs to him. Think of that 11 catch day against the Cards. He also blocked well.

It's weird, we threw very few screens this game. We threw the one to Harvin to start off....when everyone knew it was going to be a screen, and to who it was going. Didn't work (shocker) and we never went back to it.

Seahawk79

Reaction score
You can't blame the WR's when they don't have chances to make a catch, and that's a major difference in our big games on O and our slug races. Throw it up more to our guys and they will make plays, separation won't always be there but in one on one coverage it doesn't matter. Circus grabs galore, toe dragging, leaping, catches, fancy feet creating yac run wild. Today they didn't get many jump balls, does the WR, QB, or OC control that?

ivotuk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3pxpyr6s said:
Our receivers aren't the problem. How they are used is.

I disagree Roland, i posted yesterday about 5 of Drew Brees' receivers being tall, with the 2 most productive ones being 6'4" and 6'7"

I firmly believe that tall receivers help out short QBs because of the trajectory of the thrown ball.