Bevell Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey13091

Reaction score
We could've done a lot of things better but we won. All that matters man.

Bevell better call a better game next week though. We'll be facing a much tougher defense.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Maybe we ARE playing conservatively and saving a bunch of stuff for the NFCC and/or SB

rastahawk

Reaction score
We were a couple of lucky offensive plays away from a monumental disaster. I will take the win but we've had "issues" in the offense the last 5 or 6 games. Bevell has become a recurring theme.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Meh, Carolina and San Francisco call their games the same way. All your gimmicky, high risk offenses are sitting at home right now. I guess the fan frustration is inevitable since Niner fans whine about the same thing with their team.

I'm a fan of what works. And I define "what works" as "what wins."

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I " love" how, when they were near the goal line, the Saints ran it 5 times in a row. In a way, I think that was a direct "ef you" from Payton to Bevell. Very effective.

Bevell is shite inside the 10, and I pray somebody hires him away from us.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3i3we0el said:
I " love" how, when they were near the goal line, the Saints ran it 5 times in a row. In a way, I think that was a direct "ef you" from Payton to Bevell. Very effective.

He's saying "eff you" to an opposing OC while his team is putting up 15 total points? OK... not much room to talk.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hallelujah, Brother Todd.

Also, I implore everybody to watch a Patriots game and watch how their formations and looks change every snap. Then compare it to ours.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
We aren't saving anything. Our offense is pedestrian, predictable and dull.

No flex, no creativity and no life. It's "I hope our defense wins the game for us and we don't have to get daring to win".

When your QB is struggling to reach 100 yards passing far too often, you have a problem.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2t35t7ok said:
MysterMatt":2t35t7ok said:

He's saying "eff you" to an opposing OC while his team is putting up 15 total points? OK... not much room to talk.
Inside the 10 he had balls. Befell, had the opposite. Are you actually saying he did a good job at the end of the 1st half?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2fs3i6ed said:

No flex, no creativity and no life. It's "I hope our defense wins the game for us and we don't have to get daring to win".

When your QB is struggling to reach 100 yards passing far too often, you have a problem.
Not according to DavidSeven. Everything is just fine.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I think we look a lot like we did at the beginning of last year. Ya know, before Pete trusted Russell to open things up. I'm overjoyed for the win, but the offensive feels a bit degenerative.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
MysterMatt":scdy1gw7 said:
FlyingGreg":scdy1gw7 said:

Is everything not fine? I thought we made it to the NFC championship game.

I look at context to evaluate the play-calling: the type of game that was played, the 30-40 MPH winds, the actual comments from Carroll/Wilson on how the game-plan was going to go (conservative), etc. Do I wish they converted more 1st downs? Sure. But whatever, I'm happy they won against a good team. Bevell is a bit handcuffed by Pete's philosophy, just like everyone else on staff. It's cool with me, because it works.

If you guys think a new OC is going to call these games any differently, I think you're sadly mistaken. You call plays how Pete wants them called or you're fired (Bates).

Lady Talon

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3krezx2y said:
MysterMatt":3krezx2y said:
FlyingGreg":3krezx2y said:

Is everything not fine? I thought we made it to the NFC championship game.

I look at context to evaluate the play-calling: the type of game that was played, the 30-40 MPH winds, the actual comments from Carroll/Wilson on how the game-plan was going to go (conservative), etc. Do I wish they converted more 1st downs? Sure. But whatever, I'm happy they won against a good team. Bevell is a bit handcuffed by Pete's philosophy, just like everyone else on staff. It's cool with me, because it works.

If you guys think a new OC is going to call these games any differently, I think you're sadly mistaken. You call plays how Pete wants them called or you're fired (Bates).

^ some of that may well be true. But I seriously doubt Pete handcuffs Bevell into showing the same dull formations, empty sets at head scratching times, and several other little details which make our offense less efficient, prone to repeated and half the game long inadequacy, and serves to shake up our QB and RB by showing several plays to the defense long before the snap.

We aren't asking for the Broncos offense, we are asking for an efficient ball control offense that can hide their intentions from the opposing team.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
The formations are what they are at this point. That's not really changing from now to the SB. Installation period was over after training camp. Pete said they were able to add a few installs over the bye, but those were obviously for Harvin plays.

Honestly, I think the primary difference between now and earlier in the season is that defenses are just doing a lot better at maintaining contain on Wilson. They're getting more disciplined (and we've played strictly well-coached teams the last five weeks). He gets sacked less, but it's limited his escapability. We've lost all of those mini-runs that used to extend drives.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
DavidSeven":172vn6aw said:
The formations are what they are at this point. That's not really changing from now to the SB. Installation period was over after training camp. Pete said they were able to add a few installs over the bye, but those were obviously for Harvin plays.

Honestly, I think the primary difference between now and earlier in the season is that defenses are just doing a lot better at maintaining contain on Wilson. They're getting more disciplined (and we've played strictly well-coached teams the last five weeks). He gets sacked less, but it's limited his escapability. We've lost all of those mini-runs that used to extend drives.
Yeah; now we're having to rely on actual regular conventional offense, and it's failing miserably. This concerns me greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts