We will lose if we don't fix "blank"

amill87

Reaction score
We have been hearing this all season. If they don't fix their run defense, they won't in the playoffs. If they don't fix the run offense, they won't win in the playoffs. If they don't fix their pass offense, they won't be able to beat a "good" team like San Fran or Carolina.

I gotta eat some crow about the Saints. They were better than I thought. Their run offense impressed me, especially considering we were allowing an average of 82 yards a game over the past 7.

The playoffs are a fickle thing. Teams that get too crazy with new things can find themselves in bad spots quickly. Carroll and Bevel had a plan yesterday. And the offense executed it. The offense closed the game when they needed to, if they would've went three and out on their final scoring drive, the saints could've had a lot more time to score twice.

All that stuff is gone over in enough threads. The point I want to make is a simple one. Carroll simply does stuff a different way. Our corners were supposed to be to tall. Our qb too short. Yet he was right. Maybe he is also right that we can and will continue to win games without gawdy offensive stats. He's been right 14 out of 17 this year....

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Our passing offense is not where the coaches want it right now. I'd wager anything on that. And I'm taking into consideration the last five games not just dwelling on the NO's game. Being conservative at times, protecting the ball.. all that.. is not the issue.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
Guess I wasn't too clear on what I was trying to say. Whatever needs to be fixed with this team changes all the time. Yet no matter what anyone thinks the team needs to fix, they keep winning.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
True that. We've weathered the storm well this season anytime we've had issues. No doubt about that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I believe the Seahawks will be ok. They played a tough defense yesterday and for 3 qtrs held them in check. New Orleans is a very good team. Neither the Panthers or 49ers have a qb like NO had. With that said, the biggest concern is the redzone offense. Once again it sputters inside the 10 yard line. They had a great chance to be up 20-0 in the 2nd qtr but settled for 3 points to make it 16-0. The Seahawks have areas to improve upon - receivers need to catch the ball - Tate didn't have a good game at all. Need Tate to be better. Wison needs to work on getting back to being accurate on his throws. He threw a lot of balls behind his WRs yesterday. Defense needs to play the run better than they did yesterday. Ingram and Robinson were running all over them in the first half.

In the Superbowl season, the 2006 Seahawks struggled in their divisonal game against the Redskins. Pulling out a 21-10 win. It seemed similar to yesterday's game. I think the bye week has a lot to do with that. It's good for a rest but when you are playing playoff teams, things get rusty. That's what happened - Wilson wasn't crisp, Tate couldn't catch a cold much less the football, the weather didn't help things either. The defense stood for the most part and that's why they won. Remember the opposing offenses have to go against the #1 defense in the league. Not an easy task for those offenses. The Seahawks will be ok.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Passing game and by extension, red zone. We need more TDs and fewer FGs down there IMO. I believe if we're up 20-0 at the half instead of 16-0 they pack in yesterday cuz it's 3 score game, not a 2 score game.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The offense reminds me of early 2012 offense. I don't know what to say to folks that aren't troubled by that. I'm stoked to be in the NFCCG. It's a great feeling.

Even with this historic defense, yesterday's performance doesn't beat the Niners. The Digits have continued to improve offensively, like we did last season.

Russell looks rattled, unwilling to stand in the pocket. He's been bailing early lately despite seeming to improve in this area around the middle of the season.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
nanomoz":ljig5bmt said:
The offense reminds me of early 2012 offense. I don't know what to say to folks that aren't troubled by that. I'm stoked to be in the NFCCG. It's a great feeling.

Even with this historic defense, yesterday's performance doesn't beat the Niners. The Digits have continued to improve offensively, like we did last season.

Russell looks rattled, unwilling to stand in the pocket. He's been bailing early lately despite seeming to improve in this area around the middle of the season.

And Kaep has played like crap both times he's been up here. Are you implying the Niners offense can do more vs our defense than the Saints did?

I could use every one of things you just listed as how kaep has looked vs us up here.

*edit to add* Kaep had 196 yards today. And yep you guess more than half of them went to one WR. 8 of his 15 completions went to boldin. Think that instills confidence in their passing game?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The inability of our OC to adjust in game to the realities of the team he is playing.

Also the inability of our OC to perform above an average level consistently.

And our passing game.

nanomoz

Reaction score
amill87":3of0o8cd said:
nanomoz":3of0o8cd said:

And Kaep has played like crap both times he's been up here. Are you implying the Niners offense can do more vs our defense than the Saints did?

I could use every one of things you just listed as how kaep has looked vs us up here.

The Niners offense has been better than ours recently. And their defense has been playing on a similar level to ours. Kaep has improved his play a bunch since the last time he was in Seattle.

Maybe he'll go all Vin Baker next Sunday like he has in the past when in Seattle, but I'm not counting on it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":1tmv0kd5 said:
Our propensity to acknowledge that TE' s can catch too.

Was begging for Bevell to get the tight ends going on Saturday. Luke must have been an emergency player in that game despite his game day status because I don't recall seeing him. Every time Kellen Davis lines up I think he's going to draw a false start...

Regarding the OP: Clearly our offense is the concern but it's not about what they've done lately, it's about what they do next week. This is the same offense that out scored the team they're facing without Harvin.

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
nanomoz":aw9fz9rp said:
amill87":aw9fz9rp said:
nanomoz":aw9fz9rp said:

The Niners offense has been better than ours recently. And their defense has been playing on a similar level to ours. Kaep has improved his play a bunch since the last time he was in Seattle.

Maybe he'll go all Vin Baker next Sunday like he has in the past when in Seattle, but I'm not counting on it.

Niners defense has not been equal to ours. Ours has been insane. Kaep has had a lot of things break his way over the win streak, which is usually how win streaks happen.

You dodged my question. Do you think the niners offense is better than the saints? Because off one fluke tipped pass, we held them to 8 points

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
amill87":xh8o8ihg said:
nanomoz":xh8o8ihg said:
amill87":xh8o8ihg said:
nanomoz":xh8o8ihg said:

Niners defense has not been equal to ours. Ours has been insane. Kaep has had a lot of things break his way over the win streak, which is usually how win streaks happen.

You dodged my question. Do you think the niners offense is better than the saints? Because off one fluke tipped pass, we held them to 8 points

No, the Niners offense is not better than the Saints. To add, Brees is light years ahead of Kaeperstank when it comes to composure. The Niners have scored 16 points here in 2 games, 7 of them in garbage time following big melt downs. That is after having big success in the prior game each time. The Niners haven't changed anything, ZERO to rectify that.

Of course they can win, any team could and if they do, I will give them the proper respect, but I more than welcome them to the warm and fuzzy confines of the Clink.