I think we lack respect for New Orleans...

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
New Orleans is a fantastic team.

Do people on this board realize that they were the #4 defense and the #2 pass defense in the league?

Their pass defense is actually better than both Carolina's and San Francisco's.

We had difficulty passing against the second best passing defense in the league - who statistically was only slightly behind our own Legion of Boom. They also play in a dome and other teams don't have the elements to deal with in addition to the noise.

We attacked their weakness, ran the ball and won the game.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I have the utmost respect for the saints . That was a very very good ball club

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":3d4ufqh8 said:
New Orleans is a fantastic team.

Do people on this board realize that they were the #4 defense and the #2 pass defense in the league?

We had difficulty passing against the second best passing defense in the league - who statistically was only slightly behind our own Legion of Boom.

We attacked their weakness, ran the ball and won the game.

100% agree.

I think the thrashing in December distorted reality a bit. New Orleans is right up there with us, Carolina and SF as equals imo.

OP
OP
TDOTSEAHAWK

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Imagine we were facing the Legion of Boom - what would we do? Run the ball and limit our risk against the other team's strength.

Moreover, the Saints offense is better than any of the remaining NFC team's, and their defense is vastly superior to any AFC team's. In other words, they were probably the best remaining team.

Largent80

Reaction score
I hear ya Tdot. They were 12-4 and won all their home games and split on the road, a team or fan can hardly ask for more than that.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
They are a GREAT team... I think that makes it an even more earnest statement about us for beating them. Twice, -within a six week period!!

Cartire

Reaction score
I've been saying this nonstop. If we don't blow teams out, everyone wants someone to blame. Insane weather and a great team were major factors no matter how much people want to down play it.

Our gameplan was obviously purposely conservative for a reason and it worked. Russell missed some slants, which I attribute to the weather. Drew Bree's himself had some horrible throws that we know he would normally make. But the weather was a factor.

The gameplan worked for the team and elements we faced. We got the win.

purpleworld

Reaction score
All the more reason to stay conservative with a 16-0 LEAD on a crappy windy rainy day.....and not give them a turnover that could have gotten the Saints back into the game....!

warden

Reaction score
4th overall in offense, 4th overall in defense is a winning formula. We beat a very good team

hawkfan68

Reaction score
New Orleans is a fantastic team. In many ways they are better than the Panthers. They almost beat Carolina in Carolina. Their defense played lights out. They did well in shutting down the pass but they couldn't stop Beastmode (lucky for the Seahawks). They did that on MNF but couldn't stop the pass then. They are a very good team. Coached well too. Brees is a better QB than Newton or Kaepernick. So it was a good test for the Seahawks. The Seahawks will be much better for playing a game like yesterday against a team like NO. There are areas Seahawks need to improve on. Hope they do this week.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
They were better than I thought they would be.

Their run game, their D. Pretty good.

Wasn't impressed with all the fake false tough guy stuff they were trying. But hey, you come into the Clink against the Hawks, you got to try and match the energy level and intensity right? But that's not their game, seemed to distract them from being who they are.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I do not respect them as a team. They're a dirty bunch of players and coaches. I respect the numbers they put out, but no more.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't lack respect for them. They're a good team with a great QB. I'm really glad it wasn't our team that needed last minute heroics to try and catch up and win in that situation. And I'm certainly glad it was a home game. The team worked hard to get into that situation and it paid off.

GO HAWKS!!!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
People here somehow assumed because it was a blowout in December that NO isn't a good team, and therefore can't appreciate this win.

Shame.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Their fans are certainly giving the 40whiner fans a run for their money!

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Who believes the saints are not a great team? They are a playoff team with a top five QB and the best pass catching TE in the game currently. Their defense as mentioned by op is great and Rob dials up creative rushes. It was a great win.
The only thing about the saints is their offense struggled a bit the last month in games. I hate this thought, but the 49ers offense has gotten better the last month and i worry more about their offense than the Saints offense. Hate the feeling. I hope next week my feeling is shown to be wrong.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think most of us that are upset are upset because when the defense plays so well, an even average offense should have put that game away.

The thing that bothers me isn't NO, it is that the bottom has dropped out of our offense in the passing game, and our entire offense centers around the run game now.

The problem is that the team we play next stuffs the run but can be passed on. So yeah, there is that sinking feeling that we won but we are going to have to play perfectly to overcome Bevell against a better team.