Soooo Seahawks and 49ers offensive numbers

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Both teams scored 23 points in difficult NFC contests this weekend.

49ers had 315 total yards of offense and a 4.8 yards per play, and ran for a total of 126 yards in beautiful and sunny weather. ESPN just called them the 'Gold Standard' on their front page.

Seahawks had 277 total yards of offense and a 4.9 yards per play, and ran for a total of 174 yards in a horrible, cold, wind-gusting downpour.

Tell me again that our offense sucks?? I'm sorry, but the 49ers are going down next weekend, and it won't be close. Difficult yes, close, no.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sherman's gonna shut down Crabtree. Kap is going to get rattled yet again by the noise and the pressure. We're winning this one by 13.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
This is the way it has to be.

Niners v Seahawks for NFC supremacy.

Last year we all argued that if we met the Niners, or if we had homefield we would have been in the Super Bowl, not the hated Niners.

Well we got our wish. They are coming here. Let the better team win.

Go Hawks!

dradee

Reaction score
Wouldn't want it any other way, NFC best! Iron sharpens Iron!

GO HAWKS!!

nanomoz

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone that's watched the Niners over the last 7 or 8 games can think the game won't even be close. You're trippin'.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
rpmischris":1vadkind said:
Why didnt we trade a late round pick for Boldin again?

$6 million for a WR who didn't play fantastic in the regular season (but was clutch in the playoffs) probably played into it pretty strong.

This is the biggest thing you're hearing in Baltimore since they didn't make the playoffs as a mistake. Boldin wanted about $2 million more in an extension and Baltimore didn't want to eat it, so they traded him. Turns out they could have found the room (and after Pitta got hurt they had no big, sure hands guys).

bmorepunk

Reaction score
nanomoz":1mo20sbs said:
I don't know how anyone that's watched the Niners over the last 7 or 8 games can think the game won't even be close. You're trippin'.

Are people going to start underestimating the 49ers the same way they did the Saints (and even the Cardinals)?

Just because they got spanked the last two times they were in Seattle doesn't mean overconfidence should occur.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
It was always going to be this, this is the equivalent of the irristable force vs. The immovable object. Armageddon begins in Seattle next Sunday.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Not overconfident at all.....just not feeling the love for the 49ers.

TwilightError

Reaction score
rpmischris":3h3rv5a6 said:

Because our coach does not have a brother who could arrange such corruption.

nanomoz

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1vr2c2m3 said:
nanomoz":1vr2c2m3 said:

Are people going to start underestimating the 49ers the same way they did the Saints (and even the Cardinals)?

Just because they got spanked the last two times they were in Seattle doesn't mean overconfidence should occur.

I guess if folks are confident in a decisive win, good for them. For me, it feels unrealistic--and it would set me up for a catastrophic heartbreak.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
bmorepunk":13twgnio said:
nanomoz":13twgnio said:

Past performance is the best predictor of future results.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Sorry but we don't look as good as they look right now.

We can beat them but they got pieces back, we lost pieces. We beat them last year without Boldin and we beat them this year without Crabtree. With both of those guys they beat us. Oh and we had Rice when we beat them, now we do not.

We could pass the ball when we beat them. Now our passing game is terrible.

Our offense right now is a struggling sputtering mess if Lynch cannot produce.

The 49ers are getting hot at the right time and we are trying to run the clock out in the 3rd quarter.

They look better by every measure. So I can understand why ESPN and all the others would pick them. We have a chance because we are playing at home, on the road I don't think we would be able to beat them right now. Even at home though, this team needs to pick it up if it wants a shot to win.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":2ikjl2ca said:
bmorepunk":2ikjl2ca said:
nanomoz":2ikjl2ca said:

"Past performance" that doesn't include the Digits' last 8 games is a cherry-picked data set.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
NinersO > hawks O.
That's the only thing that's scared me .
NinersD= hawks D
Niners ST < hawks ST

Laloosh

Reaction score
TwilightError":24i0p70g said:
rpmischris":24i0p70g said:

Because our coach does not have a brother who could arrange such corruption.

Consolation prize for the SB loss?

John: "Hey Jim, I feel really bad about about what happened. - *snicker* - Let me do something to help you out..."

Jim: "I want cake!"

John: "I know you do, John. Here, take my best receiver and give me jack shit in return."

Jim: "Okay... I want cake!"

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
nanomoz":diuekc3h said:
Hawkalypse":diuekc3h said:
bmorepunk":diuekc3h said:
nanomoz":diuekc3h said:

"Past performance" that doesn't include the Digits' last 8 games is a cherry-picked data set.
True but them cherries are more savory against niner trolls.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":6nz2t3g8 said:
True but them cherries are more savory against niner trolls.

For sure! I'll be ignoring the trolls this week, though. I have enough inner turmoil about this game! As was said in another thread, Kaepernick hoisting the NFC Championship trophy in Seattle would ******* ruin me.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":ydu5dprl said:
bmorepunk":ydu5dprl said:
nanomoz":ydu5dprl said:

A football game is an incredibly complicated system involving many individuals as well as chance. A from September and a game from December 2012 are not only too small of a sample to make an accurate prediction of this complex system, much less a decent one.

The Seahawks have a great chance to win at home. The chance that the 49ers win is not so small that being very confident about the Seahawks is a good idea.