Are the SeaHawks.....

pmedic920

Reaction score
Playing better football than the 49ers at this point in time?
I asked myself this question and didn't like the answer.
Would a couple of y'all tell me how wrong and stupid I am.
Include a few reasons if you don't mind.

Exittium

Reaction score
Well.. as somsone said earlier:

49ers had 315 total yards of offense and a 4.8 yards per play, and ran for a total of 126 yards in beautiful and sunny weather.
Seahawks had 277 total yards of offense and a 4.9 yards per play, and ran for a total of 174 yards in a horrible, cold, wind-gusting downpour.

So i wouldn't say they're the greatest.. and well Our defense is still THE BEST and the SC4whiners have to face it

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
You could argue that the Whiners played a better defense however.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Their passing attack is playing better right now. Running attacks are about even. I think our D is playing better. Special team a wash.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":2t2oapvx said:
You could, but I won't.

The Saints D played very good imo.

Geologic

Reaction score
The 49ers offense seems to be doing better as of lately. But I still believe that if you fluster Kaepernick, he's bound to make a turnover happen unlike Russell Wilson.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The answer is no.

The bigger question is why?

All the excuses about the Seahawks facing better quality opponents goes out the window when you consider so have the 49ers.

The difference in this game is probably the home field, because the 49ers are probably better but playing at home gives us a slight edge.

nategreat

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":2arli1gs said:

True. But let's not forget the Saints have a top 5 defense. They only allow 4 more yards per game (305.7 vs 301.3) than Carolina, and the Saints are better against the pass. So who's to say really.... the Seahawks, on this particular day, could have fared much better against the Panthers than they did the Saints. Nobody knows.

Steve2222

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":30mgvggv said:

And you could easily argue the Seahawks played a better offense.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
It matters who plays better Sunday, not who's 'playing better' I'm gonna bank on this team's preparation and say that they will be ready to play better when it matters.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Looking at the "competition" they've played recently, I think their "great play" is a rouse. I see the 12th man getting into Kaep's head again and their offense flailing around to no avail next week. Hopefully, Bevell continues his mastery of play calling against the whiners at home. :thirishdrinkers:

Remember, the whiners were coming off a blowout win vs the Packers while the Seahawks barely hung on to beat Carolina last time they played in the Clink...we all know how that turned out. I expect a similar result this time around.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
You could argue that no one has a better defense than we do. Well, no, you can't argue it actually.

General Manager

Reaction score
Every game is different and how many points did SF have today same with Denver how many points did they put up. All that matters is who won and who lost . Defensively no one is playing better than us and no one is running the ball better either . Special teams again we are playing great. The passing game simply hasn't been required to play great lately but it can and it will.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IMO:

ST has been great for both teams.

On offense the Hawks have been struggling with the pass, but on defense the 9ers have been struggling with pass defense and pass rush (until the second half this week, but I'm still not convinced). Likewise, Lynch looked great this week, but the 9ers are still great on run D, although Lynch is precisely the type of strong back they struggle against.

On defense the 9ers pass game has gotten going again, but the Hawks have the best pass D in the league. The 9ers run game has been struggling for awhile, but the Hawks run D looked pretty porous this week.

Basically, as far as recent trends go, save for good ST on both sides it really looks fairly even to me, and most likely to be a low scoring affair.

HFA is big in this one. If I had to guess, I'd say the deciding factors will be HFA and Lynch, assuming Russell doesn't get back into his earlier form. If he does that, TBH, I don't think it will be that close.

marko358

Reaction score
We just held one of the most explosive offenses in football to 15 points and that last TD probably shouldn't have happened with a couple of dropped interception opportunities in that drive. Our defense is better and so is our running attack. I expect to win the time of possession battle and wear them down. We'll also have an extra day of rest and this will be their 4th straight road game.

captSE

Reaction score
The Seahawks can be "who they say they are" IF they remember that ZACK MILLLER was a main ingredient in the 50 pt blowoutsn of the past.

cover-2

Reaction score
All bets are off. You can throw the stats and win/loss record out the window. This is a division rival, anything can happen, our teams know each other too well to try to say who is the better team. This is a freaking "HEAVY WIEGHT FIGHT", its Frazier vs. Ali!
593899 Ali vs Frazier  Results