---------------------------------------------

2009: 49ers (8-8) vs Seahawks (5-11)

20-17 Loss (-3)

2008: 49ers (7-9) vs Seahawks (4-12)

33-30 OT win (+3)

2007: 49ers (5-11) vs Seahawks (10-6)

24-0 Loss (-24)

2006: 49ers (7-9) vs Seahawks (9-7)

24-14 Win (+10) (The Big Wind Storm game)

2005: 49ers (4-12) vs Seahawks (13-3)

41-3 Loss (-38)

So, the trend is when the Seahawks are about equal (within 2 wins) or better in talent (measured in wins) they've won 5 times to 1 loss by an average of 28.4 points. If you include the one loss the average point differential only drops to 22.

When the Seahawks are less talented than the 49ers, they're 1-2 vs SFO . They lost by an average of 2.5 points. If you include the Seahawks win the point differential drops to .667 points.

Either way historically when the Seahawks have been about at least equal in talent, Seahawks have blown out the 49ers FIVE times in Seattle.

And when we had lesser talent, Seahawks always kept within a FG.

CLINK is just a tough place for the 49ers whether or not the Seahawks the lesser team.

Not that history will help us win this next game, but I feel good in understanding that for whatever reasons SFO is just not good in Seattle even when they have had the better team over the years like in 2011.

willyum

Reaction score
i think any years prior to Harbaugh or Carroll being on either team is irrelevant. statistics are just that, statistics. Remember how just yesterday, Seattle was supposed to lose because they were the no. 1 seed and Saints were no. 6? That was bogus ahaha

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I think *any* past wins is irrelevant. NEW ERA boys and girls.

Hawks will POUND these PUNKS!!

WE ARE THE BEST IN WEST! make no mistake of THAT!!!!

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'm not skeeerd...at all. The whiners have been blown out every time they've played in the Clink since RW showed up and beat Tarvaris Jackson by only two points before that. They were coming off a blowout of the Packers last time and the Seahawks an asswhoopin so bad on them that they lost their next game too.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
willyum":3unrvdk8 said:
i think any years prior to Harbaugh or Carroll being on either team is irrelevant. statistics are just that, statistics. Remember how just yesterday, Seattle was supposed to lose because they were the no. 1 seed and Saints were no. 6? That was bogus ahaha

True, its part of the reason why I put that line to seperate Carroll's regime from the rest.

Either way against Harbaugh in Seattle, Carroll is 2-1 and gave San Fran two of their most embarrassing defeats in Harbaugh's tenure.

Harbaugh's 13-3 49ers barely could beat 7-9 Seahawks team with T-Jack, an injury riddled O-Line, and an injury riddled WR corps. And the Seahawks Defense while good, wasn't as dominant as it was in 2012 or 2013.

So whether if its just 3 years of data or the last 9 years of data, the facts still remain the same: For whatever reasons, San Fran has trouble playing in Seattle, they get blown out by the Seahawks teams with equal or greater talent, and barely scrape by the Seahawks teams with worse talent.

willyum

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":37e4k32s said:
willyum":37e4k32s said:

True, its part of the reason why I put that line to seperate Carroll's regime from the rest.

Either way against Harbaugh in Seattle, Carroll is 2-1 and gave San Fran two of their most embarrassing defeats in Harbaugh's tenure.

Harbaugh's 13-3 49ers barely could beat 7-9 Seahawks team with T-Jack, an injury riddled O-Line, and an injury riddled WR corps. And the Seahawks Defense while good, wasn't as dominant as it was in 2012 or 2013.

So whether if its just 3 years of data or the last 9 years of data, the facts still remain the same: For whatever reasons, San Fran has trouble playing in Seattle, they get blown out by the Seahawks teams with equal or greater talent, and barely scrape by the Seahawks teams with worse talent.

oh, no I know, I got that. I wasn't trying to downplay your post in anyway, I thought those are some very interesting statistics, and I learned something I didn't know before.