Everyone reacting about the offense...

Ozzy

Reaction score
We scored just as many points as the Niners did in much worse conditions. Factor in how conservative we went after the big lead early and you get a day like we had Saturday. Also BOTH QB's were off as the conditions were terrible. Can Wilson and the offense play better? Of Course they've obviously been off for about month. Harvin made a HUGE difference and I hope he can play. If he does the offense will be more than fine and if he doesn't I still love our chances.

This is a game where Wilson elevates his game. He's too good not to and he's due.

Everyone has a right to be a little critical but as a board fans have been way to reactive. After this plays out no one will question our offense going into the Super Bowl.

AVL

Reaction score
To the title; Fanatics frequent message boards and forums (guilty), so ya.

I'm just enjoying the show.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
Too many 3 and outs for my liking/comfort level.

Redzone performance is crappy.

Bad throws and dropped passes.

Piss poor pass protection.

Not really content with "Seahawks scored just as many points as 49er's". This offense should prove their dominance over the 49er's by improving their play. Fans have every right to be a little, or a lot, on edge.

AVL

Reaction score
In every country in the world people have the right to be miserable. Big deal.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is overreacting. These fans are just calling it how they see it. As much as you want to ignore these issues our offense hasn't been clicking for at least a month now. Yes I understand Marshawn had 140 yards rushing and that is awesome he was due but I didn't like those 3 and outs and predictable slant plays on 3rd downs against the Saints. If we play the 49ers like we played the Saints offensively I'm not sure we'll win. Wilson needs to step it up BIG TIME, he hasn't really had a big performance against San Francisco and he is due..

StoneCold

Reaction score
I'm not an X's and O's guy, but I am a poker player. The offense's performance can be broken down into odds and probabilities. There are three basic elements to the passing game. Routes, protection and QB's decision and accuracy. On 25% of the plays the routes will be run poorly and the receiver will not be open. 25% of the plays the protection will break down. And 25% of the plays Russell will make a bad decision or a poor throw. How well they do depends on how those three elements line up. Of late they've been lining up in a way that makes the passing offense look bad.

Take into account how the weather and the opposing team affected those three elements and the fact that we won? I'm ok with that.

I really like our chances in this game. I'll take the Hawks and the 3.5 points to the bank. :)

SC

Scottemojo

Reaction score
@ OP.

First, you are not the voice of reason. The world does not consist of everyone else, and then you, the calm in the storm.
Second, what exactly constitutes over reaction? How much reaction do you propose people have? Maybe you have some plan by which we can measure our reactions, some sort of way to ensure we react just the right amount.

Threads like this are usually well intended, but the end result is that most are insulted by the language that implies they are not as savvy on this thing as the author. FWIW.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I still don't understand the logic in comparing the Hawks O at home versus one team, to the Niners O on the road against a different team? It's not like the offenses play each other.

I probably won't post much this week because it's impossible to examine our offense in a vacuum without getting completely flamed for discussing where I think we need to improve. I don't know why people keep bringing up the 49ers O when people like me suggest that our offense could use some improvement in the passing game, especially against a team like SF.

I mean, the OP even said the offense hasn't been right for a month. I just like to extend things beyond "Wilson is due for a big game" and want to figure out WHY it's off track.

Bux005

Reaction score
I don't think we can do worse than that offensively. The 13 first downs were tied for our 3rd least on the season, as far as I could see, behind the 1st St Louis game with 7 and the Arizona loss with 10, in the San Fran loss we had 13. I think(hope) our O will look better with better weather and that this game was a wake-up call.

I think it will really benefit our team that a lot of pundits will pick SF to win. Earl, Sherm and the LOB love to be disrespected, they feed off of it. Even disrespect for our Offense could be the match. It would shock me if we do not come out more fired up than ever for this game. If I was SF then I would be very careful what kind of ammunition I give Seattle in the press this week.

The fgs drive me nuts but they seem to be getting the job done. I would love to see more aggression with the play calls this week. Want to see SF completely destroyed.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We were extremely conservative offensively, well except for Harvin getting hurt, maybe that contributed to the increased conservative play calls. RW threw NO interception. Turnovers could have burned us BIG TIME!!

We won!!!

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Bux005":2gqkeyjl said:
I don't think we can do worse than that offensively.

Disagree. It's San Francisco. We can do a lot worse offensively if we don't call the right plays and game plan properly plus SF defense is way better than New Orleans. They have linebackers that are elite and capable of covering and good enough to contain Wilson. I honestly don't expect to see Wilson having much success running because their LB's are fast enough to contain him with the QB spy.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We have to make them pay for using the spy. That's one less guy to account for on a running or throwing play if you don't run at him or throw at him. Bevel needs to come up with a shift or an "Omaha" like the Broncos did to help Russell read who the spy is so he can direct the play another direction. According to Chris Carter another problem is that with out Harvin and Rice we lack a true number 1 or number 2 Wide out and teams have figured that out. Golden and Baldwin are top notch 3's but they need help to get open. He also brought up that while Miller is a very tough football player he also lacks the spleed and athleticism to get himself open. We need better scheeming to get these guys lose. According to CC that's what has to happen in order to help Russell regain his mojo.

Bux005

Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm assuming they may make some changes. But they totally may not. Hope Pete was as unhappy afterwards as some of us are and knows that a repeat performance on offense will not get the job done. I would like to know exactly how much of an effect the weather had. We shall see. All I know is I still absolutely believe we have the best team.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
brimsalabim":tvli20u6 said:
We have to make them pay for using the spy. That's one less guy to account for on a running or throwing play if you don't run at him or throw at him. Bevel needs to come up with a shift or an "Omaha" like the Broncos did to help Russell read who the spy is so he can direct the play another direction. According to Chris Carter another problem is that with out Harvin and Rice we lack a true number 1 or number 2 Wide out and teams have figured that out. Golden and Baldwin are top notch 3's but they need help to get open. He also brought up that while Miller is a very tough football player he also lacks the spleed and athleticism to get himself open. We need better scheeming to get these guys lose. According to CC that's what has to happen in order to help Russell regain his mojo.

What exactly is Omaha? I hear Peyton call it alll the time but does anyone actually knows what it means?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
dopeboy206":6yzmyqp5 said:
brimsalabim":6yzmyqp5 said:

What exactly is Omaha? I hear Peyton call it alll the time but does anyone actually knows what it means?
Same as Green 18 for the Pack. Sometimes it means something, but most times it means nothing.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I totally agree with the title. Our offense was not bad in the first half. We scored on 4 of 5 possessions we had the ball in the first half. The one time we didnt score was because of that holding call. If not for that we have 1st and 10 from NO 35 and score at least a FG IMO.

In the second half we just couldnt get it going and looked to be playing conservatively. I mean Wilson only threw the ball 3 times in the entire 3rd quarter and I believe at least 1 of those was a throwaway. Wilson didnt have back to back throws until the 4th quarter as well. That is no way to get a QB going. And I dont remember the exact numbers but someone said we had 29 of 42 or so plays on 1st and 2nd down that were runs.

Mindsink

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1de4sve8 said:
Bux005":1de4sve8 said:
I don't think we can do worse than that offensively.

Disagree. It's San Francisco. We can do a lot worse offensively if we don't call the right plays and game plan properly plus SF defense is way better than New Orleans. They have linebackers that are elite and capable of covering and good enough to contain Wilson. I honestly don't expect to see Wilson having much success running because their LB's are fast enough to contain him with the QB spy.

Russell Wilson was 15/25 for 199 yds in SF back in week 14. And that was coming off a short week, playing against a 49er team that was playing for the playoffs as well as payback for week 2.

He'll be fine this Sunday.

Latest posts