Question: (Bowie at G Thread)

Axx

Reaction score
is PQ hurt? i remember last season when they started shuffling in sweezy over carp and it ended up biting them in the a'ss with several key sacks in the ATL game

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Bowie played great.

There was only one play that I noticed that Bowie got driven back into our backfield... just one.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I record every Seahawks game and I can't tell you how poor both Q and Carp have played all year. Everytime Lynch was bottled up, over 80% of the time it was penetration over the left guard position. I really really like our O line going into the Niner game. I saw holes all day and the only blemish was the holding on Breno, which was questionable at best.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Also I noticed that EVERY Lynch run that wasn't between the tackles was to the left side. That could be as much about the Saints' defensive alignment as our O-line, but you'd think that eventually they'd start to account for that. I would say that the combination of Okung/Bowie could end up being a huge positive for our running game

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
In watching the replay, Bowie was at left guard all game. In my opinion it was the best performance from a left guard all season long. I expect him to be a LG for every snap again next weekend.

Polaris

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3k52uf6a said:
In watching the replay, Bowie was at left guard all game. In my opinion it was the best performance from a left guard all season long. I expect him to be a LG for every snap again next weekend.

Frankly I think Carpenter has played (or ate) his way out of a starting job.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Polaris":2tf8d280 said:
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2tf8d280 said:

Frankly I think Carpenter has played (or ate) his way out of a starting job.

Considering he was a healthy inactive this weekend, you're probably 100% correct.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that the last time Marshawn went for 100+ yards was also the last time that Bowie started on the offensive line (Atlanta Week 10). Granted that was at a different position, but you've got to think that the coaching staff is pleased with his performance and he'll continue to play at left guard until he gets hurt or shows he cannot perform there.

A

Anonymous

I agree with those thinking Carp is on the way out. Bowie looked great out there.

Correct me, but wasn't there a discussion about Carpenter a while back wherein the consensus was his having to rely on his weight too much, and that losing any poundage would actually hurt is effectiveness?

I plan to re-watch the game later tonite after the wife hits the rack. I usually pay more attention to specific players when I do that so I'll scope out the Bowie activity. I don't think he gave up more than a pressure or two, didn't he?

CANHawk

Reaction score
I've loved Carp as a run blocker, dude is a road grader, but after seeing Bowie in there... I dunno. I'm thinking Carp is probably just too one dimensional. It didn't really look like there was much of a drop off between him and Carp on the run, and he looked pretty good in pass pro. As good as Carp is on the run, he's an outright liability against the pass. I wouldn't be to upset if he moved on down the road.

Oh well... can't crank em all out of the park.

jblaze

Reaction score
Bowie had a very good game. All-22 gave him a 75/100 grade in run blocking and a 85/100 in pass pro. They said he failed on a couple of cut blocks for the run game otherwise it would have been much higher. They said best game all year from any of our LG's.

Carp is out, Bowie is in @ LG next year. He's decisive and has pretty good technique.

Bye bye Carp.

SDHawk

Reaction score
With Giacomini, McQuistan and Carp all gone... Bowie can't be the only answer. We still need to draft a lineman. Xavier Su'a Filo is a bit on the lighter side but looks like a great fit in ZBS. I think he's very athletic and looks great pulling and getting to his assignment. Also shows decent power but will need to add some weight and work on his upper body strength.

T: Russell Okung, Alvin Bailey, Michael Bowie
C: Max Unger, Lemuel Jean-Pierre (re-sign him)
G: Xavier Su'a Filo, JR Sweezy

Bailey, Bowie and Lem can all play guard. Maybe draft another T/G prospect like Seantrel Henderson in the middle rounds.

jblaze

Reaction score
I think a big WR with our first pick at the end of the 1st and OL for 2-3 rounds. We need OL help badly.

Bailey and Bowie have looked pretty good. I think Okung, Bowie and Unger at middle-left of our line is a pretty good start. Right side is going to need a lot of help if we let Breno go as well.

I think McQ and Breno are gone. Carp has one year at a modest cap hit @ 2.4m. It's 1m in dead money if we cut him, so only save 1.4m. He'll likely backup both guard spots.

SDHawk

Reaction score
jblaze":kgybxjeo said:
I think a big WR with our first pick at the end of the 1st and OL for 2-3 rounds. We need OL help badly.

Bailey and Bowie have looked pretty good. I think Okung, Bowie and Unger at middle-left of our line is a pretty good start. Right side is going to need a lot of help if we let Breno go as well.

I think McQ and Breno are gone. Carp has one year at a modest cap hit @ 2.4m. It's 1m in dead money if we cut him, so only save 1.4m. He'll likely backup both guard spots.

With the depth of the WR class, I would be surprised if the Hawks didn't trade out of the 1st to fill needs.

I also happen to think that Allen Robinson (WR, Penn State) is our guy. Yeah there are others with unbelievable measurables, but Allen Robinson seems to be the only one (in our range) that has seemed to put it all together and looks like the best fit for this offense.

jblaze

Reaction score
Allen Robinson got a mid 1st round grade so even if we stuck at the end of the 1st, he'll likely not be there.

True it is a deep underclassmen WR draft so I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade down a little but there's only a few proven big WR's and that appears to be the direction we're going.

Benjamin is an interesting thought but he's graded late 1st.

Who knows though, so many things change between now and the draft that anything could happen. The good thing is that it looks like our offense stays pretty much intact and the same with our defense based on cap theories, etc.

We should be looking pretty good next year too!