Why didn't we head hunt on them back

Seeker

Reaction score
The saints were CLEARLY head hunting on this play
HarvinHeadBushSeattle.gif

and the second hit he didn't even have the ball and was falling down on his own (until Jenkins falls on his head with all his weight).

not sure why the one of the hardest hitting teams in the league didn't even them up, especially Jimmy Graham who wasn't even trying to block all game and was leaving himself open (I swear this dude doesn't understand blocking at all).

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
Can someone pause it right on that helmet to helmet with a yellow circle around the helmet collision? btw Rafael bush's twitter account is @rbush36

RockHawk

Reaction score
Whatever you may believe about targeting, the worst thing I can think of doing is starting to "target" their players as a result. Our defense hits hard, so "targeting" another player for an injury would be stupid.

I'm good with seeing our guys hit them hard and fast, but legal and moral.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Last thing we need is a key defensive player being suspended for a game. We knew their season would be ending, while ours still has 2 more games in it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If our players had tried to retaliate in any way, they get flagged. The refs would be looking for it.

And in yesterday's game, all the Saints needed was a turnover or a few 15 yard penalties to win that game.

No reason to give them free yards.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
RockHawk":1rh1jh6o said:
Whatever you may believe about targeting, the worst thing I can think of doing is starting to "target" their players as a result. Our defense hits hard, so "targeting" another player for an injury would be stupid.

I'm good with seeing our guys hit them hard and fast, but legal and moral.
This.

Kam got fined twice his rookie year, then learned how to hit legally. Despite Seattle's brutal reputation, we have a defense that plays hard and legal. I think Pete has been very forward thinking in this area.

Now, if they had found a way to get Sweezy out there to legally block Bush, would I have shed tears for him when it really hurt? Probably not.

grizbob

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2kmwntji said:
If our players had tried to retaliate in any way, they get flagged. The refs would be looking for it.

And in yesterday's game, all the Saints needed was a turnover or a few 15 yard penalties to win that game.

No reason to give them free yards.

eggs act lee

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
oh I'm cool with clean hits, but you know how Kam's clean hits are. I wanted some of this

[youtube]Kk7BL3V5KhA[/youtube]

and this

[youtube]78qF72JwJwA[/youtube]

and this

[youtube]MYMSF2F_BN0[/youtube]

and maybe, if the refs aren't looking.... a little of this

[youtube]Ljk3Ak7UlwU[/youtube]

willyum

Reaction score
because going out of your way to hurt someone during a game is straight scumbag stuff. besides, Kam had quite a few really violent tackles on the saints

mrblitz

Reaction score
kam is the artist at hitting.

i'm sure though that bush was really headhunting. it looked like maybe he just showed up on saturday to play hard.

the thought did definitely cross my mind though that bush might have been doing a 'mini bountygate' but i'm not convinced either way. at the moment i was like, 'that sure is a light penalty - 15 yards - if you're trying to knock someone out of the game. either way, bush definitely brought it on saturday.

on the 2nd harvin hit, it looked like the ground caused it, and part of that was that russell threw high there.

that first pass was a perfect throw, but it was into double coverage. maybe russell should have gone to a single-coverage target there. was it one safety over the top? maybe look the safety off and hit someone else; whoever is single-covered. anyway, great throw; and harvin seemed to sense he was about to get clobbered. the hit? i just don't know. the game moves too fast.

the new orleans defense played really well.

definitely kam has that sort of hit down to a science.