A Carolina fans thoughts

PantherInWA

Reaction score
Hey guys. Panther fan here who recently moved to the area. Lot of respect for your fan base, and how you cheer your team on with class and pride.

I am pretty bummed about my Panthers losing, obviously. I guess I am an adopted 12th man now. Anyways... I just wanted to give my thoughts on how Seattle can win this week. Here goes...

1. Stop Kaepernick. Contain his running ability and get pressure on him. He doesn't do well when the pocket breaks down, but you gotta make sure to keep an eye on him so he doesn't break for long scrambles. He's kind of a whimp, so sack him early and often.

2. Don't get sucked into the smack talk and mind games. I noticed how much the 49ers players liked to talk smack and it seemed to distract our players and ruin their focus.

3. Win the battle in the trenches. This one speaks for itself. Your OL especially needs to have the attitude and come ready to rumble. San Fran has a pretty good front seven.

4. Avoid turnovers. Part of the reason we lost was because we lost the turnover battle. If you win the turnover battle, you have a much better shot at coming out with a "W".

5. Don't let the refs beat you. The 49ers seemed to get a lot of shady calls against us, and their coach, Harbaugh, seemed to do a lot of talking to the refs. Maybe he paid them? I don't know. Just don't be surprised if that continues this week, and try to keep your heads if it does.

That's all I got. Here's to a great contest this weekend and a Seahawk victory (I HATE the niners)!

I suppose you want a prediction, too. How about.... Seahawks 34, 49ers 17. I don't think it will be close.

Largent80

Reaction score
Points 3 and 4 are in our control.
Point 5. Hardouche always whines and we have seen it many times.

And smack talk?....Hahaha, they will try it just like always and we will make them pay.

Oh, and :2:

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Thanks Panther. I'm fairly new to the forum, but let me welcome you. You guys had a great run this year. Respect to your whole team. I'm not a big Steve Smith fan, but props to him for gutting that knee injury out. One hell of a TD catch by him and probably the best throw I've seen Newton make. That headbutt by Boldin should have been flagged...quite a few BS calls that went the niners way. We hate those guys around here. Will try to curbstomp them this weekend at the Clink.

I've gotta say something else...what happened to the pressure that you guys got on Kaep in the first meeting at the Stick? I figured your front four would be tearing Kaep's head off and mounting it on a pole by the end of the first quarter?

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yes great post and we have seen Harbaugh's whining many times. Unfortunately it seems to work. Bummed about your Panthers, but love that they are getting good and now seem to despise the Niners almost as much as we do.

Thanks for the post and prediction and welcome to the 12's for a few more weeks;)

Go Hawks!'

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'll make sure and not get sucked into the smack talk on the field considering I won't even be at the game.

Check!

SDHawk

Reaction score
I think if any team has the blueprint for beating the 9ers on a regular basis, its the Hawks. No other team has dominated the 9ers the way the Hawks have, save for that 2 point loss in Candlestick.

Marvin49

Reaction score
PantherInWA":8ea5zhs0 said:
Hey guys. Panther fan here who recently moved to the area. Lot of respect for your fan base, and how you cheer your team on with class and pride.

I am pretty bummed about my Panthers losing, obviously. I guess I am an adopted 12th man now. Anyways... I just wanted to give my thoughts on how Seattle can win this week. Here goes...

1. Stop Kaepernick. Contain his running ability and get pressure on him. He doesn't do well when the pocket breaks down, but you gotta make sure to keep an eye on him so he doesn't break for long scrambles. He's kind of a whimp, so sack him early and often.

2. Don't get sucked into the smack talk and mind games. I noticed how much the 49ers players liked to talk smack and it seemed to distract our players and ruin their focus.

3. Win the battle in the trenches. This one speaks for itself. Your OL especially needs to have the attitude and come ready to rumble. San Fran has a pretty good front seven.

4. Avoid turnovers. Part of the reason we lost was because we lost the turnover battle. If you win the turnover battle, you have a much better shot at coming out with a "W".

5. Don't let the refs beat you. The 49ers seemed to get a lot of shady calls against us, and their coach, Harbaugh, seemed to do a lot of talking to the refs. Maybe he paid them? I don't know. Just don't be surprised if that continues this week, and try to keep your heads if it does.

That's all I got. Here's to a great contest this weekend and a Seahawk victory (I HATE the niners)!

I suppose you want a prediction, too. How about.... Seahawks 34, 49ers 17. I don't think it will be close.

Sigh.

1) Wimp? Right. One of our QBs is 4-1 in the playoffs and the other is 0-1 and pretty much fell apart at the end. Joe Montana was once called a wimp before they played Miami in the Super Bowl. I'll take the "wimp" who wins when it matters.

2) LOL. The Panthers were the fake tough guys in this game. From the first snap they were trying to intimidate the 49ers and it was sad. If you think you need to do that and think that it's going to work, you are sadly mistaken. Seattle won't have to be fake tough guys because they have talented physical players in the secondary...something the Panthers do not.

3) Duh.

4) Duh.

5) LOL. "Maybe he paid them"? Seriously? You got blanked in the second half and lost by 13. The only reason it was ONLY 13 is that the 49ers spent the entire 4th quarter killing the clock. You were weighed and measured and you were found wanting.

Seahawks are a very good team so I got no prob with your prediction, but don't give me this BS you are selling about the game.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
PantherInWA":23a5w8ua said:
This bunch seems to keep their head fairly well when they're getting jobbed. It's been while since they've seen anything like the first half of Sunday's game, though. Niners got more ref love in that game than they did in their home game against the Hawks this year, and that game was pretty much 60-40 San Fran.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2fz22fhs said:
PantherInWA":2fz22fhs said:

Sigh.

1) Wimp? Right. One of our QBs is 4-1 in the playoffs and the other is 0-1 and pretty much fell apart at the end. Joe Montana was once called a wimp before they played Miami in the Super Bowl. I'll take the "wimp" who wins when it matters.

2) LOL. The Panthers were the fake tough guys in this game. From the first snap they were trying to intimidate the 49ers and it was sad. If you think you need to do that and think that it's going to work, you are sadly mistaken. Seattle won't have to be fake tough guys because they have talented physical player in the secondary...something the Panthers do not.

3) Duh.

4) Duh.

5) LOL. "Maybe he paid them"? Seriously? You got blanked in the second half and lost by 13. The only reason it was ONLY 13 is that the 49ers spent the entire 4th quarter killing the clock. You were weighed and measured and you were found wanting.

Seahawks are a very good team so I got no prob with your prediction, but don't give me this BS you are selling about the game.

Why don't you go to a 49ers forum where someone cares about your 49er response.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Panthers did let all the extra curricular nonsense take them off task, for pretty much the entire game. But that was too be expected with being at home and first playoff game in a long time.

Don't worry, the Hawks will not make that same mistake.

chrispy

Reaction score
Since when did Seahawks.net become a good place for 9rs to argue with Panthers? Isn't there a panthers.net they can frequent?

OP
OP
P

PantherInWA

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zmpiqs1 said:
PantherInWA":1zmpiqs1 said:

Sigh.

2) LOL. The Panthers were the fake tough guys in this game. From the first snap they were trying to intimidate the 49ers and it was sad. If you think you need to do that and think that it's going to work, you are sadly mistaken. Seattle won't have to be fake tough guys because they have talented physical players in the secondary...something the Panthers do not.

3) Duh.

4) Duh.

What's your problem? All I did was post my thoughts and keys to winning the game and you act like I shot the pope! Get some perspective and stop taking the internet so seriously. Or just leave!

OP
OP
P

PantherInWA

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":uk6q7sua said:
Thanks Panther. I'm fairly new to the forum, but let me welcome you. You guys had a great run this year. Respect to your whole team. I'm not a big Steve Smith fan, but props to him for gutting that knee injury out. One hell of a TD catch by him and probably the best throw I've seen Newton make. That headbutt by Boldin should have been flagged...quite a few BS calls that went the niners way. We hate those guys around here. Will try to curbstomp them this weekend at the Clink.

I've gotta say something else...what happened to the pressure that you guys got on Kaep in the first meeting at the Stick? I figured your front four would be tearing Kaep's head off and mounting it on a pole by the end of the first quarter?
Agree about the headbutt. They were getting weird calls like that all throughout the game.

I don't know what happened to our pass rush. It seemed like they got gassed as the game went on. I was shocked, because we seemed to be shutting Kaepernick down at first.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I know having your season end is always tough. But congrats on a great season. Going into it, national media pundits were predicting Ron Rivera to get fired mid-season. They didn't expect anything from you guys. Your team grew a lot and has a bright future.

I remember after our match up with you guys in week 1, a lot of our fans were disappointed and upset that we didn't beat you by more and that we weren't able to do much on offense. But as some of us knew back then, the Panthers weren't the chumps everyone else expected them to be. You guys have a ridiculous front 7. Kuechly is a beast and is going to be one of the best defensive players in the league for some time. If Cam can ever truly turn the corner and put it all together, the Panthers are going to be a force in the NFL for a while.

And I agree that the refs did you dirty against SF. Maybe not entirely. But at least they totally changed the momentum of the game with all of those penalties on you in the 2nd qtr. It was shaping up to be a close, tough game. And the refs inconsistent penalties basically snuffed the Panthers out and got into their heads. After that, SF took the momentum and ran with it, while your team imploded. How Captain Munnerlyn gets called for headbutting, when Anquan Boldin gets away with it INCHES in front of a ref is disgusting. Not to mention Kilgore headbutting Keuchly. I can understand different referee crews calling things different. What I can't stand is when one crew calls things differently on two teams in the same game. The Panthers still could have bounced back, but didn't. So it wasn't all due to the refs. But it sucks seeing the momentum of a game shaped so strongly by inconsistent easy game refereeing.

Job well done on a great season overall. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of you guys in the future.

Go Hawks.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Nice post.

Its unfortunate the Panthers lost, I had a gut feeling the Bye would hurt their team, more than any other team because of their lack of post-season experience, imo, it would have been better for the Panthers to have been a Wild Card and get a game in vs a lesser team.

So I think that was a key difference in the game, 49ers aren't better than your team, its just their post-season experience in the last 3 years far outweighed the Panther's experience.

But I'm with you on the Refs, I felt before the Seahawks-Saints game, whoever won, the rival in the Panthers-49ers game, would probably get the benefit of the calls.

There is any thing to feel bad about, Panthers weren't expected to be as dominant as they were this season and going from 7-9 to 12-4, was a huge step for Newton and Rivera. Hopefully, you keep Hardy. And if I was your GM I would send some Draft Capital for that #2 spot to get Sammy Watkins.

Cam Newton and Sammy Watkins on the same team would be amazing.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Hey Panther, don't worry about Marvin49.. He is a 49er.

Thanks for posting!

Your team is my second favorite team.. Seriously, that defense is so fun to watch. Unfortunately you guys lost because of inexperience and falling to the 49ers traps. It's only us who know their ins and outs. When they play us, you could see their lack of comfort. When they have beat us last couple of timea, it's because of one or two unfortunate plays (ie fluke Gores 50+ run in last 3 mins, our players drop open td passs,et). They are not close to our level if we play Our game.

As far as the talking and mind game goes, we have a PHD in that department. It's usually Hardbag spending most of the week telling his players not to fall for that. When they play us, they get so many personal fouls called against them, it just gets funny at times. Lol

Only worry for us is the late decline in RW's game. The whole Washington is looking into what's going on there. Hopefully everything starts running fine this game again. Other than that, I don't think w e should be worried much about this game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
PantherInWA":27yhiws8 said:
Marvin49":27yhiws8 said:
PantherInWA":27yhiws8 said:

Sigh.

3) Duh.

4) Duh.

What's your problem? All I did was post my thoughts and keys to winning the game and you act like I shot the pope! Get some perspective and stop taking the internet so seriously. Or just leave!

Just tired of the excuses.

Largent80

Reaction score
And the NFL is tired of looking at your over dramatic coach whining to officials. Let the players decide the games.