Gore @ Seattle since 2007

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Not rocket science stuff here but I was listening to Bob and Groz and they mentioned some interesting things which sent me on a hunt for stats.

GORE @ Seattle

2013: 16 yds, 0 TD @ Seattle L 29-3
2012: 28 yds, 0 TD @ Seattle L 42-13
2011: 83 yds, 1 TD @ Seattle W 19-17
2010: 38 yds, 0 TD @ Seattle L 31-6
2009: 25 yds, 0 TD @ Seattle L 20-17
2008: 61 yds, 1 TD @ Seattle W 33-30
2007: 72 yds, 0 TD @ Seattle L 24-0

I didn't feel it really necessary to go back beyond 2007 as we had a different team, coach, system, etc then and just picked 2007 because it was a game in which the Seahawks won with Gore still getting a good amount of yards.

Also note, the team with more rushing yards in the last 8 games is 8-0.

Obviously everyone knows the importance of running the ball and being effective with it, but seeing Marshawn get 140 yards before this weeks big game, is huge in my eyes.

I also think being able to get KJ Wright back for the Seahawks this week is pretty big as well, so he can help with the run defense.

Go Hawks! :49ersmall:

Canuck49

Reaction score
That pretty much sums up the problems the niners have had in Seattle. Our offence is based off the run. If we can't run in your house, it's likely we can't win there either. The big difference from past years is Kaepernick is a legit running threat too. But nothing comes easy against your defence.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Canuck49":389w0teh said:
That pretty much sums up the problems the niners have had in Seattle. Our offence is based off the run. If we can't run in your house, it's likely we can't win there either. The big difference from past years is Kaepernick is a legit running threat too. But nothing comes easy against your defence.

Kaepernick has always been a legit running threat, thats never not been there, I find that Kaepernick was at the top of his game during the playoffs last year, but thats only because teams still did not know how to defend the read option. I also thought he was ridiculously accurate throwing the ball, I remember thinking this could be bad for Seattle moving forward. When teams figured out the read option both Kaepernick and Wilson struggled and it's interesting to see how they are both learning to overcome the defenses at this time.

Obviously I'm slightly biased towards Wilson but I think Wilson vs Kaep will be a rivalry for years too come, the teams are soooo close to the same too.

I have to give a slight edge to Wilson though because of his poise to not make the game changing mistake.

Should be a great game but, I think it's going to come down to who wants it more, theres no secrets here.

X Factor: Percy Harvin

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2bnn2z4v said:
I also think being able to get KJ Wright back for the Seahawks this week is pretty big as well, so he can help with the run defense.

I'm convinced we win the game in SF if KJ isn't knocked out with the injury. I think KJ would have contained Gore on that big run that set up the GW field goal drive.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Canuck49":77opo7e7 said:
Why are you a 49er fan? You're Canadian! It must be against the law isn't it?

silverss

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":16dct70x said:
Canuck49":16dct70x said:

You'd be surprised at the amount of whiner fans are up here...
When all they show on tv are cowboys, pats, steelers and 9'ers, you get people fans by default.
Here in Toronto we got to put up with the Bills!
:34853_doh:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
silverss":1zsr01d5 said:
KCHawkGirl":1zsr01d5 said:
Canuck49":1zsr01d5 said:

You'd be surprised at the amount of whiner fans are up here...
When all they show on tv are cowboys, pats, steelers and 9'ers, you get people fans by default.
Here in Toronto we got to put up with the Bills!
:34853_doh:
This is why we need to this decade's New England or '90's Cowboys. Nobody should be forced to watch the Bills, not even people in Buffalo.

Brass-Knuckles

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2ma1s7r8 said:
Not rocket science stuff here but I was listening to Bob and Groz and they mentioned some interesting things which sent me on a hunt for stats.

GORE @ Seattle

I didn't feel it really necessary to go back beyond 2007 as we had a different team, coach, system, etc then and just picked 2007 because it was a game in which the Seahawks won with Gore still getting a good amount of yards.

Obviously everyone knows the importance of running the ball and being effective with it, but seeing Marshawn get 140 yards before this weeks big game, is huge in my eyes.

so gore needs to score 1 TD and we win :p

Zorn76

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Gore when he plays in Seattle.

He'll make a play, get some runs here and there, but I don't anticipate him having a big day by any means, and that's been the trend for years now when the 49ers are the road team.

SF's secondary is vulnerable. Newton was able to throw pretty well against them in the 1st half, including a 30 yd TD pass.

IMO, our fortunes tie in with how well we throw. We cannot count on Lynch to have a rushing day like he did against the Saints. The fact that he went Beast Mode was encouraging, as he was the only offense we had, but Bevell better not get too stuck or stubborn going to the (rushing) well too often.

This is where our OL comes in. They are REALLY gonna have to step it up. The 49ers got to Newton 5 times yesterday, and N.O. got to RW 3 times on Saturday. Guys gotta man up and give our QB longer than 2 seconds to pass from the pocket.

If we do this run, run, pass waltz in 6 days, it could lead to trouble. Mix it up, Darrell, because I think your job security is riding on it, let alone our SB aspirations.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
I would love to see a BIG hit from chancellor on gore to set the tone early. Just to remind him where he is in that moment. BOOM!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Gotta contain Gore if we want to win, if he gets rolling we will be in trouble. Getting KJ back could really help as well as Smith has played, he still tends to overrun his gaps when it comes to the run defense.

rjas77

Reaction score
Brass-Knuckles":2v9mmy42 said:
NFSeahawks628":2v9mmy42 said:

GORE @ Seattle

so gore needs to score 1 TD and we win :p

touche