Any Harvin Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Update is more information to follow after tomorrow or Thursday after more concussion tests.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Won't be any today. First testing under the concussion protocol to possibly get cleared start tomorrow. There is a SLIGHT chance we could hear something tomorrow, but usually the testing is done during or after Pete's Wednesday presser, so he doesn't have the answer. I'd say the earliest to reasonably expect news on Harvin is Thursday. Until then we only can go with what Pete said Monday and that was that Harvin's hip made it through just fine, but he has to clear concussion protocols.

jblaze

Reaction score
Teaser thread is worthless. Trust me, once there's an update there will be 12 fresh threads with the info.

Won't happen until wed or thurs tho.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Saw a tweet on the r/Seahawks page that came via PC that Percy's hip is totally fine and his only issue is the concussion.

One second while I dig up a link.

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/commen ... _injuries/

Came via Curtis Crabtree:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 16m Pete Carroll says Percy Harvin's hip came out of the game great. "Way ahead of the game on that." Just concussion issue now

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 16m Carroll said that KJ Wright has a chance to play this week. #NFCChampionship

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":1zomtij6 said:
Teaser thread is worthless. Trust me, once there's an update there will be 12 fresh threads with the info.

Just 12? Me thinks you underestimate this site :lol:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
For the sake of comparison, Keenan Lewis practiced last Wednesday for the Saints after being concussed in a Saturday game. Harvin's situation could be entirely different, though, so no telling with him. However, it does seem possible to get through the protocol as early as Wednesday if all signs are good.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
jblaze":369da68z said:

Great, then don't click since you are so certain.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Having him back this week would be great, regardless we have a game in a few weeks I would really like to have him back for. #confidence

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":23dmqfmt said:
Saw a tweet on the r/Seahawks page that came via PC that Percy's hip is totally fine and his only issue is the concussion.

One second while I dig up a link.

Link: http://www.reddit.com/r/Seahawks/commen ... _injuries/

Came via Curtis Crabtree:
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 16m Pete Carroll says Percy Harvin's hip came out of the game great. "Way ahead of the game on that." Just concussion issue now

Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks 16m Carroll said that KJ Wright has a chance to play this week. #NFCChampionship

Excellent news.

Now we hope his head heals up.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Saw an article on ESPN that suggested that Harvin 'felt good' after Saturday's game, and 'felt better on Sunday,' but it cited an unnamed source 'with knowledge of the situation,' so who knows what that means? No link available - it was a comment at the end of an article previewing Sunday's game.

I hope someday Harvin's status will be a definite 'go' on a weekly basis.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I like the way that Pete answered one question with a smirk and said "you'll have to wait and see" .. we may have a surprise or two up our sleeves!! ;)

kidhawk

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1qj0gid1 said:
I like the way that Pete answered one question with a smirk and said "you'll have to wait and see" .. we may have a surprise or two up our sleeves!! ;)

He said something similar last week too. I don't blame him for those types of answers especially when reporters are asking him questions like they were last week. One example was "how do you plan to stop Jimmy Graham?" I don't know if they honestly expect him to tell them how we plan to defend a particular team or player. Especially in the playoffs

hawker84

Reaction score
I know they showed Percy in the locker room after the game celebrating with the guys, and he looked good and happy. So there's that. I just think if there's any way he can suit up, he does.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Everyone do yourself a favor and just assume he isn't going to play until Sunday. That way even hopeful news doesn't bring you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.