Stop the Oline/Bevell/Wilson sucks/wrong Threads & Enjoy it!

Exittium

Reaction score
So with all this negativity I keep seeing after a win and trip to the NFCCG in OUR HOUSE, why don't you all lobby to have Wilson, Bevell, or maybe the whole Oline cut from the d@mn team?.. I mean holy crap how many threads do I have to sift through that is nothing but a bash on, the Oline, Wilson, or Bevell in one way or another. We win everyone does nothing but point out the negative. We lose everyone points out the same sh!t. I enjoy visiting these forums but there's time where I sit here at work and wonder, wtf. Some of you have truely forgotten how sh!!!y we used to be. No even after an AMAZING RECORD SETTING 2 years in the NFL with Wilson at the Helm you all just keep harping and whining. We haven't had back to back seasons like these last two in a while.. or what seemed like forever. How about we all be a lot more grateful, that we have such an amazing team. Such an amazing Coach that the NFL Media was questioning at 1st, because how he was with his players. HOW ABOUT we be gracious and grateful we have a young QB with A LOT to learn still. Face it he's no Manning, Brees, or Brady, and it will take another yr or so for him to probably get there. In the meantime ENJOY what we got right now, because until the draft and preseason it isn't changing.

The Quick TLDR: Stop whining and enjoy where we are. We've gotten further in 2 season with a rookie QB then all the teams in the NFL. And not I'm not saying we don't have problems, but what I am saying is, tough sh!t nothing changing right now.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Yeah, but folks enjoy those too. It's just a different form of enjoyment. We all gotta cope with our scattered, stupid football emotions this week; everybody's got their own strategy.

The Radish

Reaction score
All anyone has here are their opinions.

Just because someone does not agree with you does not make you right nor them wrong. Just different.

:141847_bnono:

Nearpost

Reaction score
I'm glad you started this thread, hopefully my non critical question can draw a few responses in this thread, as the what's up with RW thread got locked.

"I hear people criticize Bevells play calling, and in this thread of course, criticism of RW's decision making. Can someone please explain how the two of them overule one another,defer to one another, or on other occasions agree on a particular play."

grizbob

Reaction score
The Radish":it4k4ir3 said:

Just because someone does not agree with you does not make you right nor them wrong. Just different.

when you're right, you're right ;)

jblaze

Reaction score
The Radish":15ijkgh9 said:

Agreed. I never understood the blindly optimistic and the thought that you can't talk about anything negative.

Everyone here is here to talk Hawks, both good and bad. If this was only talking superlatives, there wouldn't be nearly the interesting conversations we have now.

As with most forums and politics, the extremes get a lot of the attention but the majority are somewhere in the middle. Deal with it, some have differing opinions and that's ok.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
It's a whole nother world in here. Certainly not like bs'ing about the Hawks around the water cooler.

HawkWow

Reaction score
It seems our newer fans are the ones most often offended by constructive criticism of the team. Perhaps new fans of the NFL as well. Regardless of the sport, this back and forth action is what makes sports thrive. It also makes discussion boards thrive. Pass on a topic if it does not suit your tastes, OP. Simple stuff.

Healthy debate makes for a learned society and I'd much prefer that to a bunch of people sitting around trying to out-do one another with praise. That would be mindless and conformist.

Keep People Free Thinking.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
^^ I have the opposite thought. Feels like newer fans are more prone to overreacting to each week.

Before last week, seemed half the board thought it was inevitable that we would slap 35-40 points on the Saints and were already looking forward to the NFCCG. This was coming off a blowout of the Rams. The theme of the week was "Saints pose no threat" vs. "Stop being overconfident" threads.

This week, the same half that thought we would dump a huge amount of points on the Saints just a week ago are now worried sick about a supposed longstanding trend of terrible offense. The theme of this week is "We can't score on anyone" vs. "Stop being so pessimistic" threads.

For the record, this isn't unique to .NET. Happens with every NFL team. People overreact to the last thing they saw.

chris98251

Reaction score
These games are always unpredictable, the times you think it will be a defensive slugfest it turns out to be a 40 to 35 games, games that are predicted to be scorefests end up being nailbiting defensive contests. The rivalry here and familularity and the historical Brady Manning match ups are perfect set ups for extremes of one or the other of these things to happen.

The experts end up trying to figure out how their well planned discussions pre game about what will happen were so wrong and try to spend the 3rd quarter saving face.

Stats are good indicators about things but then again the Saints had almost double our yardage last week yet we won. Opportunistic situations taken advantage of, heart, desire to win at all costs and some guts makes post season what it is.

All the topics above by the OP are stat lines, not character or heart and desire indicators. Sometimes style points do matter and can't be measured by whats on the surface.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
The offense wasn't going to well before the first NO's game becaue of the injuries to key starters on the o-line. It only stood to reason. Then they got healthy, we were back in business looking like our old selves against NO's. And I'm not talking about scoring 35-40 ppg. Just looking good, clicking, the eye test. But since then we've looked like how we did when our o-line was depleted with injuries, only they are healthy. And I don't care what happened in the NO's game, maybe we are back and we just couldn't show it because of those circumstances in that game. But we don't know it. So we still wonder if our offense will be at it's previous level or is it still sputtering. It's as simple as that, no doom and gloom, no freaking out. It doesn't mean no one is enjoying the ride. Ridiculous man. In my bubble, we talk about these things - friends, family, co-workers, acquantances.. everybody. And we talk about the offense not clicking lately... theres nobody crying foul, nobody freaking out about negativity. I just don't get these boards sometimes.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Radish":o1tk503q said:

The Radish speaks the truth here! :th2thumbs:

13thMan

Reaction score
Is everybody "bashing"? Or do many here have CONCERNS????? Sheeesh, get a grip....

It's refreshing to see some criticism once in awhile! No wonder we're considered the freakin' most "insecure fanbase" in football!!!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
jblaze":18gg0k15 said:
The Radish":18gg0k15 said:

Agreed. I never understood the blindly optimistic and the thought that you can't talk about anything negative.

Everyone here is here to talk Hawks, both good and bad. If this was only talking superlatives, there wouldn't be nearly the interesting conversations we have now.

As with most forums and politics, the extremes get a lot of the attention but the majority are somewhere in the middle. Deal with it, some have differing opinions and that's ok.

I have never understood the little chickens and always negative. So negative that they can't enjoy the fact we are in the NFCC game. :snack:

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Every fanbase has these people, suck it up and deal with their existence.

Edit: i crossed the line ther - sorry.

Shock2k

Reaction score
If you only knew what we knew. Most of the time people saying "WTF, why the heck is {insert subject} affecting the team!" is because somebody is looking for the very knowledgeable folks here to ease their fears.

You want to stop people from "complaining" tell them why they don't need to worry! Be part of the solution baby!

CANHawk

Reaction score
But I keeps it REAL bitches!

I'm all for discussion and analysis, that's great and I love it. Tell me how you think they're going to shut down X, but tell me how we can take advantage by doing Y or Z because it exposes A, B and C. Don't just sit here and blab over and over about how screwed we are because of X. It's this manic doom crying and ritualistic suicide through message board posts that kill me. We didn't exactly get to the best record in the NFL by fluke and we have pretty much every piece of the puzzle that got us to that record present and accounted for. I don't buy any of this "can't beat San Sransisco" crap that's being peddaled around here lately.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Shock2k":2e8wc1i6 said:
If you only knew what we knew. Most of the time people saying "WTF, why the heck is {insert subject} affecting the team!" is because somebody is looking for the very knowledgeable folks here to ease their fears.

You want to stop people from "complaining" tell them why they don't need to worry! Be part of the solution baby!
I seriously think there are both of these types in every fan base.