NFL ref announced for NFCCG!! **update pg 2 entire crew **

chsamia

Reaction score
Listening to 710 the Professor mentioned we got a break since Gene lets the player play, he called 12 PI call all year long. Thats the lowest in the league.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He had to be graded out as one of the best refs in the NFL to get to this point. How many penalties he calls is irrelevant to me, as long as he calls it accurately and fair. 49ers do just as much mugging on both sides of the ball.

OP
OP
T

tleise32

Reaction score
tleise32":3ehvxgb9 said:
I like that we will know who from the AFC is going before our game. didnt in 05 denver play pitt just before we spanked carolina?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd-nCJNCcAAqyt2.png

anybody remember any calls that stood out that game? maybe not PI but what about those 3rd and long BS holding calls that extend drives ? is he known for that?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
I think it was the Colts. The bettis fumble and Roethlisberger chased down the defender and (?) stripped him (?)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Hopefully they let the players play and decide the game. Gene S. was the ref for the St Louis game and called 10 penalties on the Seahawks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3u94f5p1 said:
HawkFan72":3u94f5p1 said:
Chrome_Seahawk":3u94f5p1 said:
Looks like he only works about 1 game a year for the Hawks - most recently the game this year in St Louis:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/SterGe0r.htm

One of our worst games this year. If not THE worst.

Not sure Steratore is to be blamed for Robert Quinn owning McQuistan all night.

Beat me to it. I was just going to say our OT's were holding onto the Rams' DE's like they were drowning men grabbing life preservers.

And to the other comment in this thread: yes, the Niners do a lot of mugging as well. Looking at it from both sides, this actually favors the Niners; their WRs are a lot more physical than ours are (I'm thinking Boldin on this one. dude pushes off constantly).

minormillikin

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":21p2dx2h said:
He's a prick.

I don't even really recognize this particular ref, but I still agree.

What kind of freak becomes a ref, anyway? I always assume the only reason someone would go through all the work it takes to be an NFL ref, is because they have a step cousin in law who is a Vegas bookie. Is there a legit reason to be a ref...? Doubtful.

Seeker

Reaction score
Should we hire Michael Buffer like the sonics did back in the day. This is going to be a fight.

SutiHawk

Reaction score
He only called 2 Defensive Holding penalties on the DBs and no DPIs in that Rams game, of course there were a number of holding calls and unnecessary roughness - but those I'd count separately from what I mostly care about.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
minormillikin":24aobh8j said:
Zebulon Dak":24aobh8j said:
He's a prick.

I don't even really recognize this particular ref, but I still agree.

What kind of freak becomes a ref, anyway? I always assume the only reason someone would go through all the work it takes to be an NFL ref, is because they have a step cousin in law who is a Vegas bookie. Is there a legit reason to be a ref...? Doubtful.

Bahaha yeah. I hate refs.

Honestly though, I feel like I remember him letting us play on D that day. So maybe that's a good thing.