One of our own gets his 15 minutes +

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Sorry mods if I screwed this up or have placed this in the wrong forum, but I wanted to get this out to our family of 12's.

“I live my life the way the Seahawks want it to be lived,” Barrionuevo, 26, declares. “It’s not just all about football. It’s all intertwined.”

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1579928

OkieHawk

Reaction score
That's some good stuff right there. Was glad I got to meet Dave at Temple before the Vikings game.

razgriz737

Reaction score
GIF.gif

Laloosh

Reaction score
So cool... been fun to read his posts describing said adventures.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Going to great when NYcoug ends his journey back where he started it. In New York.

muxpux

Reaction score
being in a NY daily news article, if we win this weekend, some corporate higher up will most likely get this guy a free ticket or something right? field pass? something cool? i can only hope.

Laloosh

Reaction score
muxpux":15uaa0nc said:
being in a NY daily news article, if we win this weekend, some corporate higher up will most likely get this guy a free ticket or something right? field pass? something cool? i can only hope.

710 ESPN Seattle should hook him up if it happens. Good press, good deed, double win!

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I've enjoyed meeting him and hangin` out with him. He's a great guy and he bleeds blue and green down deep.
Not just cool, but a super cool story.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
That's awesome...I saw him walking down Occidental as I was leaving the stadium but the man was on a mission. Wanted to shake his hand

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I've had the pleasure of hanging out with Dave a few times this season. He's crashed on my couch. I've crashed on his. Awesome dude. As one of Kam Chancellor's in-laws told us after the Saints game, "This kid has a heart this big." (Makes giant sized heart with hands) Atta boy, Davey.

This photo was taken in NY after the Giants game. This entire season feels one of destiny.

23r3b5h

Go Hawks.

PS - Ignore the tall bearded dude. There is no tall bearded dude. ;)

NYCoug

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for all the kind words everybody! This has been a magical run. Not only have the Seahawks gone 14-3, but I've also made some great friends for life, especially from .Net. NONE of this would have been possible without people like Steve, Jordan, Jon, Leif, Bart, Todd, James, Eli, Dom, Matt, Lon, Scotte... holy hell the list is long! I'm a lucky guy for that and I appreciate everything that's been done for me. It's really been amazing, and the most awesome thing I've ever been a part of. Thanks for helping make it all happen! Another thing, the writer Filip Bondy absolutely killed it. Excellent work from Mr. Bondy and he'll be getting a call early in the morning to hear about his excellent work. Thanks to him too, and his cameraman who was incredible as well. This right here is for everybody! We all made it happen!

It's not over yet though... far from it. Funny thing is Bondy wrote that I already have my ticket for the game. I don't. Up until a few hours ago, I barely had a dollar and didn't even have a plane ticket. I wasn't worried though, that's just not how things have unfolded this season. Within hours I'm already hooked up with my flights for less than $200 round trip, and not only that, but the rest of the money I make this week can go towards a game ticket. I paid $225 for the game against the Niners at the CLink on Sunday Night and $275 for the game at the dump, Candlestick, in December. I know it's going to cost a pretty penny to get in, but it's an experience that I'll never forget. Earn Everything. My buddy Greg will be flying in with me, and as luck would have it, the flight I ended up booking is the same flight as his. Unreal.

GO Hawks, and hopefully we see more of this from Pete this coming Sunday...

pete-carroll.gif%3Fw%3D540%26h%3D281

Oh, and Glove, make sure you say what's up next time. Would have loved to have met you. Next time brotha!

seahawks08

Reaction score
Congratulations bud, hopefully you will show us around New York when I make the trip.

dunceface

Reaction score
HOLY 12. Truly inspiring and it sounds like the universe is on your side as well! GO HAWKS!

Incubus

Reaction score
I'm just hoping Dave has a GIGANTIC couch for all of us to crash on Super Bowl weekend!!!

:229031_thewave: :229031_thewave:

Those aren't pillows!

I've really enjoyed reading your blog Dave and hope to meet you one of these days!

You are an inspiration to all of us.

We've actually been looking for hotel space somewhere near Carlow East....sounded like the place to be.

What time is is?

It's Hawk Time!!

JonRud

Reaction score
So happy for you Dave to get this ink. Flip did a fantastic job and you deserve all the credit in the world for following through on this amazing journey.

And clearly you picked the right season to do so.