Excited for Our Boys, Kinda Over the Hate

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, just want to share: I'm kind of over the 9er hate. I'm over the constant bickering with 9er fans, and over the detailing of every little annoyance. The primary reason is that it gets hyper-repetitive real quick. There aren't many surprises left in the "your team/coach/QB sucks/is a douche/is cocky" back-and-forth.

I don't like the 9ers any more than I did yesterday, but the epiphany hit me this week that I'm not emotionally worked up about our opponent aside from the fact that they stand between us and the SB. I'm not saying I'll never comment on our teams' differences, or discuss the demerits of sideline tantrums, or laugh at the turtle/sneaker/car pics (because I will), but I am feeling refreshingly free of the bile and contempt. The teeth-gnashing is conspicuously absent.

My excitement for our boys, and their chance to embrace this opportunity for which they have prepared so dilligently, has eclipsed most of the venom. The inspiration I derive from our 'Hawks trumps the irritation from the 9ers.

That doesn't make me better, or worse, than anyone else. It's just how I feel and it's a new development, that's it. Carry on.

GO HAWKS!!!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm with ya...usually I'd engage in the back n forth but I'm pretty much done with it. Even on FB where many of the trolls reside, its been pretty quiet except for a few memes here and there

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
every post on instagram and facebook from the OFFICIAL seahawks page and any other fan page is ruined by niner trolls. STFO and go away

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1japo8tm said:
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, just want to share: I'm kind of over the 9er hate. I'm over the constant bickering with 9er fans, and over the detailing of every little annoyance. The primary reason is that it gets hyper-repetitive real quick. There aren't many surprises left in the "your team/coach/QB sucks/is a douche/is cocky" back-and-forth.

GO HAWKS!!!
I've been over it for a long time. I have too many friends I respect that are cool men and women first and 49ers fans second. That's not to say we don't have a little fun ribbing each other over our fanship, however.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":1m6pm6tl said:
every post on instagram and facebook from the OFFICIAL seahawks page and any other fan page is ruined by niner trolls. STFO and go away
never understood the need to follow the page of a team just to troll

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm on board. I realized that I was completely and utterly out of control when I watched the 49ers/Packers wildcard game. I shouted and pouted like a 7-year-old boy. It was embarassing and ultimately it made me realize that it was all pointless. Why on earth should I allow the dislike of another NFL team consume me on such a level? Ridiculous. I may never love Kaepernick/Harbaugh, and I will continue to root against them but yeah man, the level of venom is over for me.

It ain't healthy. I just want to focus on US and enjoy the ride.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Good thread. It was fun when it was new, but it just feels stale now. They're a good team, we have a good team, and their fans on .net anymore are good people. Most of my "hate" was in fact driven by dealing with the trolls here last season, but now I've just grown tired of our own fans not being able to be more creative that saying "Hardouche" a dozen times a day. It's going to be a tight rivalry for, oh, about 10 years, so I'd just accept that they will get us sometime and we will get them sometimes, so just enjoy it when the Hawks win and get on with your own life when they don't.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I know I'm probably going to get destroyed for this...

...but I completely agree. I've never hated the Seahawks. They are a rival and I of course hope they lose on Sundays, but I don't have any hate for anyone on that team...well....maybe one. :)

Good Luck on Sunday fellas. Obviously I hope my team advances but I have a feeling this is a game that's going to be talked about for a long, long time regardless who gets the shot for the Lombardi.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Well, I'm over the hate for the fans, over for the team, even pretty much over for Harbaugh. BUT . . . I still can't stand it when Kaepernick kisses his bicep. I mean really, look at other "success celebrations": high-fives, belly-bumping, Lambeau leaps, even swivel hips. But Kaepernick's thing clearly says "it's all about me" and I just can't take that.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Smart man. Smart post.

It was fun at first. But arguing with those dudes gets real old, REAL FAST. Save the venom for yelling your lungs off at the Niners' offense.

This is all about us. This is all about our team. Our city. Who gives a crap about what's going on down in California.

WE ALL WE GOT! WE ALL WE NEED!

Sunday can't come soon enough. This city is going to explode.

GO HAWKS!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Same boat over here. I desperately, desperately want the Hawks to lose on Sunday, but I really like the team, really like the players, really like the city, and overwhelmingly really like the fans. Knowing that no team can go to the Super Bowl year in and year out, my dream scenario would be the Hawks playing for the NFC in every single year the 9ers aren't. They're from the conference I root for, in the division I root for, play the brand of football I enjoy and already root for, and are probably the team I WOULD root for if they weren't my own team's "hated rivals." Just a really great assembled group all together from the top brass all the way down to the fans. Pretty hard to hate.

amill87

Reaction score
Couple weeks ago, the thought of the Niners in the NFC championship did not make me happy.

Not that I didn't want to rivalry, but the thought of the Niners being the team to end our season just killed me.

Than after the Saints game, I had some weird sense of relief. The Niners really have done some crazy good stuff this season.

I've felt for awhile the Hawks are better than the Niners. If they lose on Sunday, than they just aren't there yet. That's ok. The Niners had a head start on building a championship team. If we have closed the gap this fast and improved every year, I would except that trend to continue.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
It's the same song and dance on both sides. Lets have this game and be done with it.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
I have an unhealthy amount of venom built up in me basically from the niner trolls on FB. I keep it to myself and know without a doubt that a win on Sunday will cure all that ails me.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I agree with you, OP. I said something similar in another thread. I just can't bring myself to care about what internet trolls think anymore. Of course, it wasn't always this way. But I feel like the Seahawks have legitimized themselves nationally. They did it with 71-16. They did it by beating the Saints on MNF and in the Divisional round. They did it by going 6-2 on the road. THIS TEAM DID THE TALK FOR ME. I don't need to justify their success anymore. It's accepted and acknowledged. Now, it's just time to "leave no doubt." I can't wait for this Sunday, and no troll war is going bring my excitement up or down.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I've learned that most of their most rabid fans are flat bill wearing mouth breathers, that were't even alive the last time they won the SB, or were to young to remember it.
I've also figured out that a lot are bandwagon 'winner hoppers', meaning they have a closet full of many different hats from teams that have won the SB the last few years.
I don't have time to argue with people on the internet, and I certainly don't have time to try and get a 'fan' of a rival team to see things from my perspective.
I will always dislike Harbaugh, he was a cocky ass when he played, and he's an insufferable douchbag now...I know I'm not alone in my feeling this way!
Most of the 9er's fans that post on here seem alright, though I don't understand the need to do it?
It should be a good game, it feels like our year...We'll see.
Go Hawks!

drdiags

Reaction score
I agree with the OP's thought. I was going to comment after things were all said and done that this entire season of bickering between Seahawks and 9ers fans on this forum was one of the things I would not miss. We never got to enjoy this season because at every turn, one of our fans wanted to compare the 9ers to it. Wilson has a nice human interest feature, some guy bags on Kaep. The Seahawks win a tight one, someone would want to talk about Harbaugh.

It never stopped. Same with twitter and the continuous 9ers stuff Seahawks fans are posting. The 9ers trolls on the Seahawks Instagram, the bickering on NFL.com between fans when the article had nothing to do with either the 9ers or Seahawks. Our fanbase is too heavily invested into the rival team from San Fran.

Probably the one good thing that came out of all the back and forth is the donation drive for the two Children's hospitals.

It ends for one of us this Sunday. Though I doubt the back and forth will.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Great posts guys.

I'm definitely feeling a calm like I haven't felt before the previous years' rivalry weeks. It's come down to the proven best 2 teams in the NFC and I think to have anything other than respect for the other side and what they've accomplished up to this point is fruitless. Most 9ers fans I've encountered this week seem to feel the same way. Usually it's win or lose and the only real thing on the line is pride and that turns arguments petty. This time it truly means something. Nothing we can do but focus up and hope our team plays it's best football game.

Go Hawks!

Latest posts