Stressing too much during the games?

HawkEye

Reaction score
After the Saints game, I got a nasty headache...maybe I need to roll and smoke a "Browner" before next game.

Any recommendations to ease game stress? :thirishdrinkers:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I wish I could tell you. My stomach is knotted so tight during games that I cannot eat or drink a single thing.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I almost never drink during games, but it does the trick if I absolutely have to. I think the first Rams game was the only time I drank this season, but gawd did I need it.

Axx

Reaction score
Vicodin
just tell your doctor you've been having "back pain"

Ruminator

Reaction score
Funny how there is generally much more anxiousness and anxiety when your team is vying for, and playing in, the playoffs, as compared to when your team is only so-so and does not appear in the post-season.

I will be very happy when Seahawks become conference champs. (See the "will" word? I am that optimistic.) I am actually less anxious about the 49ers game than I was the Saints game.

A SB win in addition would be a bonus -- and yes, I know not everyone shares that sentiment.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Exercise does wonders....if you get a massage that works too. I have seen it near pool tournaments that I used to participate in they have a neck massage therapist in the area for just that purpose. Pool is a stressful sport if you play really hard.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I used to get real stressed back before 2004-5 or so. Then, I just kind of went with "trusting the players" and looking at these games as a "test" to see how good we really are. If we lose we simply ain't the better team that day.

Anyway, it pretty much worked for me. Except, my wife (who learned all about football starting in 2004 (when we got married) from me, is super duper high strung. Like she is terribly stressed and sometimes can't even sit down. She pulls at her lips and face throughout the game. Her face completely flushed. It's outta control.

Now, we don't drink alcohol, so I really don't know what to do. Last Saturday she had me ready to have a heart attack. She has no control. Now, I've lost control. I can't help it, she just affects me.

I think I'm going to get a horse tranquilizer gun for her on Sunday, because it's no good if I die of a heart attack on Sunday and then we win the Super Bowl. Thing is, she has become such a super fan that I'm sure she would put me on ice and bury me after the Super Bowl.

irocdave

Reaction score
Don't drink during the game. Have the alcohol chilled and waiting but don't drink it until the game is out of reach and it's late in the 4th quarter. Nothing worse than being drunk and watching your team lose. That next 4 hours sucks worse than it does without alcohol being involved. Still sucks and wanting to break things and or snap at a loved ones will still probably happen. If you found watching the Saints game hard last Saturday you probably shouldn't watch this Sundays game.

Ruminator

Reaction score
When Earl Thomas tipped Brees' pass into the waiting arms of WR Meachem for 52 yards in the fourth quarter, THAT was the the loudest most disgusting and antagonized sound of utter fury, agitation, and misery ever generated in this household by my wife and I. And then I immediately burst out laughing. The completely berserk reaction of my wife was a sight to behold. You would have thought someone was pouring a bucket of live scorpions on her.

rjdriver

Reaction score
My wife has Xanax and I am seriously considering taking one. I'm a train wreck and it's only Wednesday.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I stress real bad, so much so that watching the game with another person is a really unpleasant experience for me and them. Needless to say, I have to be alone on game day.

bryantology79

Reaction score
i too can't eat or drink (especially alcohol) during games. i had a plate (porkchop and fried plantains) in front of me from mid third qtr to lynchs td. soon as i started stuffing my face tate dropped the inside kick and hated myself up until colstons forward lateral. thank God for that first round bye

Tokadub

Reaction score
Haha wow you guys were THAT stressed against the Saints?! I woke up with some butterflies but once I got out of bed and got some food to bring home right before the game I was feeling pretty dang confident.

Hoping I have that same confidence vs 49ers since that's a game worth being nervous for.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to get nervous for this upcoming game. I feel how I felt about the Rams & Saints game back in the 2010 season. So if we somehow lose, then I'll need some alcohol.

RezHawk

Reaction score
I have had this problem all season. I think it's from all the screaming I do. Depriving my brain of oxygen or something. :?:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I've been pretty calm all year.. just have a real sense of confidence with this team.

Sunday I'll probably be damn near shitting myself though.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Tokadub":3tq6olab said:
Haha wow you guys were THAT stressed against the Saints?! I woke up with some butterflies but once I got out of bed and got some food to bring home right before the game I was feeling pretty dang confident.

Hoping I have that same confidence vs 49ers since that's a game worth being nervous for.

Man, 30 minutes before game time I always stress, even the jags game.

Greenhell

Reaction score
For me, a shot of tequila at the start of a game helps to calm me somewhat. Don't know how I'll be Sunday through.