Seahawks Draft Grade from 2012 - HAHA!!!

Xarbx425

Reaction score
I'm sure you've all seen this but a friend of mine dug this up and I never fail to crack up when I read it now...

From an article from 2012: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-power-ranking-teams-that-failed-on-draft-day

No. 1: Seattle Seahawks
After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.
Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.
As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.

Grade: F

Polaris

Reaction score
Xarbx425":2a6ibnw5 said:
I'm sure you've all seen this but a friend of mine dug this up and I never fail to crack up when I read it now...

From an article from 2012: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-power-ranking-teams-that-failed-on-draft-day

No. 1: Seattle Seahawks
After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.
Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.
As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day.

Grade: F

:sarcasm_on: Prescience in action. Perfect prediction! :sarcasm_off:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
The Peter Schrager video review with Adam Schein is priceless.

A lesson in speaking in absolutes.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
The Chicago grade is pretty lol too @ Alshon Jeffery, the Seattle one was the best, best Seahawks draft ever I think.

Shock2k

Reaction score
You mean this train wreck of a review?

"What is this, amateur hour!?!"

[youtube]SpD09ymv3dw[/youtube]

amill87

Reaction score
5 starters now and a special teams freak.

You'd think these guys would not try to be so absolute right after the draft, it never works the way anyone thinks it will

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
"Draft Analyst" might be the single least important position a human being can hold. If it wasn't for the pure idiotic comedy they provide I'd have the position abolished and any attempt at it punishable by death, were I king of this land.

rigelian

Reaction score
They basically got everything wrong and not just for the Seahawks.

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
its bleacher report, a bunch of buddies from college... none were professional athletes.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Well, I'm still not sold on Irvin but he still has time so that's an incomplete to me. Speaking of first rounders, looks pretty much like John and Pete whiffed on Carpenter for sure though. Drafting is still such an inexact science.

As for Russell and the comments about him being the worst selection of the draft and not fitting with the Hawks as a team, keep in mind lazy analysts still had the Hawks playing a west coast offense ala' Holmgren and clearly Pete had moved away from that style to the Beast running game. In fact,as we all know now, Russ was the perfect fit for Pete's style.....field general/point quarterback who throws few ints.

But really as far as their comments about RW go I guess I'd say you may want to find other employment cuz YOU SUCK!

OrFan

Reaction score
I'd say 90+ percent of those who consider themselves "experts" for drafting players are complete idiots. Trying to pick what will work with any team, without doing hundreds of hours of work with the individuals, at the team hq, and with the team during training is a complete waste of time. Only those who work directly with the players and the system day in, and day out, know what is going on.

blue 22

Reaction score
can someone remind those idiots at br of that. ha! classic.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Shock2k":17gfv0gs said:
You mean this train wreck of a review?

"What is this, amateur hour!?!"

[youtube]SpD09ymv3dw[/youtube]

It'd be fun to tie those two to chairs, sew their eye lids open and make them watch endless loops of their boneheadedness while poking them with a stick er sumfin. :thirishdrinkers:

seedhawk

Reaction score
Personally, they should be confined in a salon and forced to comb and brush Kipers hair till it falls out!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Clearly it was an all time great draft for the Hawks. Can't help but wish they hadn't used the 15th overall pick on a guy playing SAM linebacker 2 years later. I'm sure that is the highest a SAM backer has ever been drafted.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
This is the difference between "mouth pieces" and scouts. These guys rank the players according to what they hear.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Anyone has the youtube of Mel Kiper (espn) on Russell ? Would love to contrast that with Gruden's take on Russell before the draft.
I think BR is really for fun. But Mel Kiper? Now that was hilarious.
Man, I hope RW has a great game, we trash the 49ers on Sunday and make it to the SB.
Lots of these fools will eat their tongue on National TV.

That said, ... Hawks 2013 draft ... Complete Bust written all over. We need a great draft in 2014 ...

Polaris

Reaction score
joeseahawks":d12mpgqz said:
That said, ... Hawks 2013 draft ... Complete Bust written all over. We need a great draft in 2014 ...

We already knew that we weren't going to get much out of the 2013 draft at least immediately. There simply wasn't enough room on the roster when measured talent against talent.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I don't really understand what you mean.
A team that has lots of holes on the offensive line ... draft guys, who won't make the roster? I think the 2013 draft could have yield one (or more) very good O-Lineman. Bowie isn't too bad. I think he was 7th rounder.
Polaris":33ouimqv said:
joeseahawks":33ouimqv said:

We already knew that we weren't going to get much out of the 2013 draft at least immediately. There simply wasn't enough room on the roster when measured talent against talent.