Question for Seahawks Fans

shinobi89

Reaction score
First off, good luck this Sunday from a 9ers fan. Here's to an injury free game. Should be a great matchup.

There's obviously no love between fan bases, but my question is, if the 49ers win, do you root for the NFC West to take the Lombardi? Or would you root for Brady? (Which I can't see anyone doing. Peyton I understand.)

If the Seahawks win (despite me not liking the team), I think I'd rather see the NFC West take the Super Bowl and show we're the dominant division in the league.

I don't know, what are your thoughts? Hatred > NFC West dominance in the league?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Root for the 49ers? Nope, not going to happen. I'll just remember this as another year where Seattle got close but no cigar.

drdiags

Reaction score
Probably would root for Manning. If it is Brady vs 9ers, I'll probably end up pulling Patriots. Not because I hate the 9ers or their fans but rather the reinforcement of their belief system. Winning of the Superbowl would give them more of an edge heading into future seasons.

The 3 consecutive NFC Championship games along with 2 Superbowl appearances just makes it harder to knock them off the throne. It's not personal, strictly business.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Seahawks come first in my fandom, then it is any team playing the 49ers. So if you guys win, I will be rooting for either the Patriots or the Broncos.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I hate the Niners and the Pats, so I couldn't root for either.

Luckily it'll be the Hawks vs. Broncos, so I don't have to worry about it.

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
I will root for Brady. Not that I dont like Peyton I know way too many annoying Broncos fans and hate the Broncos alot more from our rivalry back in the day.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I would root for the other team. I rooted for the Cards, but will not do so for the Whiners. :thsnooty:

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I don't think I can root for anyone in the division to have success other than the Seahawks.

13thMan

Reaction score
It's always an easier pill to swallow knowing you lost to the eventual champs... I was hoping ATL would win last year for example... So, yeah, probably would "root" for the Niners... especially against Brady as I can't stand that guy or that team anyway...

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The "how many rings do you have?" thing would be even worse if the niners won. I mean it's bad now, really bad and the last one was 20 years ago.

I'll be the biggest AFC fan ever.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
If it's the Pat's, I'll root for them. If it's the Broncos, I may not even watch. Couldn't stand listening to Manning yell Omaha all game and the announcers blowing him. Whiners, never.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I don't know.

I don't think we will lose this one, but I am hoping that both teams end up winning the SB over the next few years.

It would give the SF/SEA rivalry an epic "one for the ages" memory, like those Cowboy vs 49er rivalries. You only get that kind of feel when each is a king in its own right.

I would love the NFC West to own the SB for 3-4 years and watch us win two and SF one. But I will take just one if I have to.

Regardless of the outcome, I think both teams will make another trip or two to this point.

13thMan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":wgmtu0zc said:
I don't know.

I don't think we will lose this one, but I am hoping that both teams end up winning the SB over the next few years.

It would give the SF/SEA rivalry an epic "one for the ages" memory, like those Cowboy vs 49er rivalries. You only get that kind of feel when each is a king in its own right.

I would love the NFC West to own the SB for 3-4 years and watch us win two and SF one. But I will take just one if I have to.

Regardless of the outcome, I think both teams will make another trip or two to this point.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool, just knowing for the next few years that the NFC rep as one of these two teams is a forgone conclusion.... we have come a long way since the NFC Worst days... Wow.

And I could easily see the Hawks vs. Niners a common theme in NFCCGs for awhile...

Chapow

Reaction score
49er fans are insufferable enough as it is boasting about 20+ year old championships. I can't even imagine how much worse they would be if they won a championship in the current day and age.

And divisions don't win super bowls, teams do. When the Giants won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, did that make the NFC East the dominant division in the league? I don't think so, the Giants were 9-7, both the Eagles and Cowboys were 8-8, and the Redskins were 5-11.

So no, I can't root for the 49ers. Not because of hate for the team, I actually respect the hell out of the team, but because of that unbearable, detestable fan base*.

*Yes, I realize it's not every single 49er fan, but it sure seems like it's the vast majority.

OP
OP
S

shinobi89

Reaction score
Cool. Well, I'd root for the Hawks in the SB if you guys won Sunday. Thanks for the feedback.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Haha, rooting for the NFC West. This isn't the SEC. I would really hope that the AFC takes it, just like last year.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
Damn right I will root for them to win. If you beat us (clean) you deserve to be in the big dance. If you go you better win though. Coming out of GB then heading to Carolina then here? Tough road man...Don't like some of the whiny fans but I would root for that team to beat the AFC.