The deciding play week 14 in SF

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Just wanted to remind everyone who is confident in light of the Niners win by 2 in SF.

The deciding play IMO was the 51 yarder by Gore. While Kaep's scramble for 7 right before the winning FG was a dagger, they were only in position due to the clutch run by Gore. I can't take anything away from the RB and I'm not whining about the call. But if you look below, Sherm is being held, and had been for a good second.

14wc1hz

These are the calls teams might expect not to get called at home. Who knows what the final outcome is if the ref throws yellow there. But with these two evenly matched, ferocious teams, refs will undoubtedly play a huge role as they will set the tone in what they will allow and what they will call. Rational fans of these squads recognize that the game will probably come down to some critical gain, turnover, or special team play probably late in the game.

There is not much seperating these teams but those who are impressed with the "hot" Niners need to remember they barely defeated Seattle and Atlanta at home and have been on the road 3 weeks winning by small margins. If it were my team, I'd be thrilled. But we all know what a HFA the CLink is and I believe it is the winning factor this time.

Our team thrives off the energy and CK and the Niners will be noise-shocked by the the end of the game. I think it bears mentioning that the Hawks still haven't given a TD in the 1st quarter this year. If the Hawks continue the trend and put some points on the board early the CLink is going to go NUTS. It will be a game of attrition and I expect the wear and tear of the road to catch up with the Niners.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Smith was in for KJ by this time, and all penalties aside he just was not in his gap.

Seeker

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3k21kgd3 said:
Smith was in for KJ by this time, and all penalties aside he just was not in his gap.
bingo,

which is why I want KJ back in his place and malcom taking bruces spot and spying

CPHawk

Reaction score
Also at the 12minute mark of he 4th, Wilson misses a wide open Golden Tate to force a punt.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yep. Sherm was blatantly held by Davis on that run. Also, earlier in the 2nd half, Marshawn had a huge run that was called back when Mike Rob barely tapped someone's face-mask. That was called a 15-yard personal foul. It was a huge swing in field position and killed that drive.

That call and non-call decided the game. All there is to it.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Another one was the Kaepernick 3rd and 7 run they got the first down on at the end of the game. Interestingly, both the Gore run and that Kaepernick run were repeated with success and helped ice the SF/Carolina game. That'll put two glaring instances of the dangers of misplaying those in front of them in the film room this week. I expect we will be prepared.

OP
OP
E

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":xmdievsj said:
Another one was the Kaepernick 3rd and 7 run they got the first down on at the end of the game. Interestingly, both the Gore run and that Kaepernick run were repeated with success and helped ice the SF/Carolina game. That'll put two glaring instances of the dangers of misplaying those in front of them in the film room this week. I expect we will be prepared.

Hmmm, didn't know that. Harbaugh said after the Hawks game that Roman had saved that run in his back pocket. PC disagreed, said they just tweaked one of their bread and butter plays. I think they will try to gash up the middle and then when we aren't expecting it, Kaep will keep on a read option to the edge.

Latest posts