Let's win it for...(.Net edition)

cdallan

Reaction score
“Gentlemen, there is a little boy in hospital who very much hopes that you win today. I know this because I put him in hospital myself to motivate you”.
- Montgomery Burns

I have watched enough American films to know that a squad of athletes who have played a sport for 20 years, and whose future multi-million dollar salaries depend upon their performance in a game they have spent 8 months training for, are not sufficiently motivated to do so unless there is a human-interest story behind it. Therefore, I would like to know which .Net human interest stories should be motivating the players today?

Please keep genuine emotion out of this. I am from a culture that believes two men may share genuine emotion only when one of them has a terminal illness, and the other one is drunk. Plus, this is .Net. We’ll save the genuine emotion for the Superb Owl.

Let’s win it for:-

- First of all, Les. We always joke about how much Les has to put up with from you guys, but he has also had to put up with two financial depressions and Prohibition. Les has not been as excited as he is today since the railroads came to Seattle.

- Montanahawk. With nothing to do in Montana (I’ve never seen any pictures, so I imagine it kind of looks like the Moon), I am concerned that he could turn to compulsive eating and his weight could balloon to 120 pounds.

- Roland. If we lose today, I worry that he will refuse to come out of his basement for months, shunning human interaction and spending all of his time on the internet, and...actually, forget this one just now, we’ll come back to it later.

- CANhawk. My vision of him if we lose is of a guy in a Poutine-covered lumberjack shirt crying gravy whilst holding a moose round the neck for consolation.

- Banjodude. No reason, I just worry about the guy.

- Bestfightstory – otherwise he will have damaged and/or forgotten strangers’ luggage for no reason.

- Mystermatt – I just can’t stand the thought of those twinkly eyes dulled by tears.

- And, most of all, in memory of Pehawk. I’d like you all to pour out some Men’s Room Original Red from the Elysium Brewing Company (apparently Pehawk couldn’t get enough Men’s Room) and remember our feisty, scorpion-fighting little scamp. It seems crazy to think that such a clean-living soul could have been taken from us so early.

Go Hawks.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete because of all the doubters who said he'd never be a successful coach, and then said he could only do it in college.

Russell, Sherm, Doug and all the guys on the team who were drafted lower than they should have been, or not drafted at all.

Paul Allen because he saved the Seahawks.

And all the 12s, especially those who've waited a very long time for a team like this.

Go Hawks!

The Radish

Reaction score
LymonHawk and Big Pumpkin because who knows how many more chances we 3 will have to catch the Gold Ring and the SuperB owl.

:th2thumbs:

Reaction score
For Cheinhill. He was gone before my time here, but the man is a legend. I'm sure he'll be smiling on us from that big stadium in the sky. As should all of those who have passed on before us and never got to see our beloved Hawks win a Super Bowl (or Superb Owl for that matter).

For (I can't remember is exact user name), but the dude that was from out of the country that posted in our 2005 super bowl run, and earned legend in his own time status (within minutes of posting) by pumping us all up about Tatupu is grrrrrrrr and hasselback is mannnnnnnn maker my words! Seahawks are mannnnnnn annnnnddddd grrrrrrrrr!!

That's who I want to win it for.

Go Hawks!!

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
BFS, Pe, MysterMatt, Kearly, Rock, JSeahawks, and Aros...

Don't know any of those guys but have enjoyed their comments over the years.

Mainly, I would like to see Mr. Allen get the Lombardi after saving the Seahawks and overcoming his illness.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
sc85sis":1i3oz203 said:
Pete because of all the doubters who said he'd never be a successful coach, and then said he could only do it in college.

Russell, Sherm, Doug and all the guys on the team who were drafted lower than they should have been, or not drafted at all.

Paul Allen because he saved the Seahawks.

And all the 12s, especially those who've waited a very long time for a team like this.

Go Hawks!

Right there. That's all we need

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
For my buddy Earl that passed away in October from cancer. And to the rest of of 12's that have given their heart and soul for this team, that have lived through bad ownership, bad coaches, bad players, and the screwjob that was XL*. Also the city of Seattle deserves to be a champion again! Nothing brings a city together like a championship team! Let's go out and curbstomp the whiners again and then smoke the AFC team in the Super Bowl and see you all at the championship parade in downtown Seattle! DO IT! :th2thumbs:

minormillikin

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2op6j2vj said:
For my buddy Earl that passed away in October from cancer. And to the rest of of 12's that have given their heart and soul for this team, that have lived through bad ownership, bad coaches, bad players, and the screwjob that was XL*. Also the city of Seattle deserves to be a champion again! Nothing brings a city together like a championship team! Let's go out and curbstomp the whiners again and then smoke the AFC team in the Super Bowl and see you all at the championship parade in downtown Seattle! DO IT! :th2thumbs:

Great post.

rastahawk

Reaction score
For all of us that have been fans through thick and thin and been the butt of underachiever jokes for decades. This will be a great moment for us.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
rastahawk":2qycr4ht said:
For all of us that have been fans through thick and thin and been the butt of underachiever jokes for decades. This will be a great moment for us.
This as well.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
For David, aka NYCoug, for being this year's ultimate ROADHAWK.

And me, because we really do need to keep my eyes twinkly.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Let's win it just to piss off the millions of Sherman-haters around the country. Preferably with a Sherman end zone interception with mere seconds left on the clock at the end of the 4th.