Superb Owl Question

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They put up 26 points on a crappy NE defense. Look at who the Broncos have played against this year. They literally have not faced one great defense in the 2013 season/2014 playoffs. NOT ONE.

Peyton will have to play the game of his life to beat us.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Super confident in our squad. Peyton has never seen a tenacious defense like ours and best of all we wont have to worry about a mobile QB!!!

Wartooth

Reaction score
Or...The NFL hands him one like they did Bettis!
My biggest fear!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkGANG":2h7jts6w said:
Super confident in our squad. Peyton has never seen a tenacious defense like ours and best of all we wont have to worry about a mobile QB!!!

Manning gets the ball out QUICK. But I have to agree it will be nice to not have to worry about a QB scrambling anymore.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qgelq3l said:
They put up 26 points on a crappy NE defense. Look at who the Broncos have played against this year. They literally have not faced one great defense in the 2013 season/2014 playoffs. NOT ONE.

This

He threw 2 passes in the first half today that our LOB pick off for sure.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Wow! manning is playing as good as any QB has ever played. Better than Fouts , better than mMarino , better than Montana , better than Brady.

This is a hall of Famer at the peak of his abilities.

Are we up to the task ?

I say YES! Certain defenses defy stats. Certain defenses live in infamy. This is one such defense.

/ drunk , hard to type

huskyfan1217

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3srrsfzo said:

With all due respect, Manning played the Chief's defense twice this year. While they may have faltered towards the end of the season, Reid had a prolific D early on.

I think our D will keep us in this game but we will need more than 23 vs. the ponies to bring home the Lombardi.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
huskyfan1217":3ptwewbv said:
With all due respect, Manning played the Chief's defense twice this year. While they may have faltered towards the end of the season, Reid had a prolific D early on.

Prolific? No. Look who they played as far as offenses go for the first half of the Chiefs season.

huskyfan1217

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2tua7rz0 said:
huskyfan1217":2tua7rz0 said:

Prolific? No. Look who they played as far as offenses go for the first half of the Chiefs season.

Fair, but a 9-0 start while only giving up 16 pts/game is on par with the '85 Bears 9-0 start giving up 14 pt/game. I'd love to think that Manning has had a walk all season and that we will be his first challenge, but I don't think that is true.

chris98251

Reaction score
Our type of defense plays havoc with a timing offense, 3 second passes are all timing and location. We press and disrupt and make him have to wait 4 to 5 and he will have a lot more issues unless he can get a deeper route.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It will snow... it will be cold... and we will be hoisting Lombardi.

THIS IS OUR YEAR LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

huskyfan1217

Reaction score
chris98251":35eg872p said:
Our type of defense plays havoc with a timing offense, 3 second passes are all timing and location. We press and disrupt and make him have to wait 4 to 5 and he will have a lot more issues unless he can get a deeper route.

Absolutely. And he is not going to run for 15+ if holes are presented to him after those 4/5 seconds. Our D line is going going to be crucial in two weeks. If we can pressure Manning in that 4/5 second timescale (like we did Brees v.1) then they won't be able to move the ball.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Peyton being a statue in the backfield should free up our LB's to wreak havoc

Davehawk

Reaction score
HawkGANG":2rewke6b said:

Great point, that probably helps more than we realize during the game planning and preparation phase. No spies and dedicating the defensive front to a "contain" mentality.

Highlordb

Reaction score
The team i feared the most going into the playoffs were the 9'ers...Manning can light you up, but we have a sufficiently deep DB field that can cover his 204 wideouts and there all about timing, which we f' up teams timing on a regular basis....This is our time now!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Tony Romo's team put nearly 50 points on the Bronco's D. Let that sink in for a minute.

Manning's very smart, which means he's going to do what all the greats do against Seattle. Check down. A lot. I don't expect Black and Decker to get off the line very well, and if Manning tests anyone, it's going to be Maxwell. That's where the interceptions are going to have to happen.