The Golden Truth Part 2

Baba Ganoush

Reaction score
Referencing my original thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85909

Again I am a Niners fan and the game played out pretty close to how I thought it would.

Until Kap can make better decisions with the ball in Seattle he will never win there. I do think that the loss of Bowman would have prevented us from having a good chance to beat Denver if we score that last drive.

I also think that the Niners actually had the better overall team. The biggest difference being Kap making mistakes again. These were my keys to a Niners win:
1. + 3 in the turnover battle (nope)
2. 40% + on offense for 3rd down and 30% or less on defense (couldn't find the stats but im sure it was bad)
3. Kaepernick not burning timeouts/making bad throws and decisions. (Strike 3)

Hell of a game, congrats.

Axx

Reaction score
you guys were 2 for 8 on 3rd down.
yeah you guys did good, kaepernick did really well in the 1st half but it appeared that our defense adjusted by only rushing 3 and have 2 spy on him at all time and let our DBs make the plays.

ALdon smith played really good, he was the niners MVP for sure.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Baba -

I thought the Niners played good ball tonight. At times it was really tough sledding against Willis and Bowman and Co. You guys are and will continue to be a "tough out". Really bad to see injuries to LaMichael James, Iupati, and Bowman. Gutsy effort from Kaep tonight, big runs on plays tonight in the first half, seemed like we were just not fast enough to stay with him. Made us look foolish on that 70 yard run. Yikes. He's just going to get better with time.

On another note, we had tickets in the nosebleed section of the Clink tonight and sat in front of the nicest 3 niner fans ever. You guys have a classy fanbase, atleast the ones that I've met, and we had a good time together.

HawkHack

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":kl3pl9b5 said:
Baba -

I thought the Niners played good ball tonight. At times it was really tough sledding against Willis and Bowman and Co. You guys are and will continue to be a "tough out". Really bad to see injuries to LaMichael James, Iupati, and Bowman. Gutsy effort from Kaep tonight, big runs on plays tonight in the first half, seemed like we were just not fast enough to stay with him. Made us look foolish on that 70 yard run. Yikes. He's just going to get better with time.

On another note, we had tickets in the nosebleed section of the Clink tonight and sat in front of the nicest 3 niner fans ever. You guys have a classy fanbase, atleast the ones that I've met, and we had a good time together.
Dude, it's against forum rules to show respect to 49er fans.

mikeak

Reaction score
We kicked 3fgs on three redzone possessions. We will solve this for next year but it was more about what the Seahawks did and not as much what the 49ers did

So not sure how one watched this and said 49ers were the better team. Once you had to move the ball interceptions followed

Besides that good post OP...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the better overall team, that lost 2 of 3 games, one was a blowout, one was a close game at your own house, the last was a second half collapse. Your star receiver was shut down, your quarterback turned the ball over 3 times in a row, your running back got 14 yards on 11 carries, and your defense was spotted a two score lead they couldn't hold.

But yeah.

overall, the better team. For sure bro. Foorrrrr shurrrr.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Better Overall Team? More Lucky than Better.

Seahawks left a lot more plays on the field than the 49ers did.

Inspector

Reaction score
Proof is in the pudding. 9ers went home without a win again. Can't say they are the better team. They lost due to an error. We won due to capitalizing on that error. Again.

kjreid

Reaction score
lap making mistakes again? You mean Seattle forcing Kap into bad decisions! 9er suck a**

Hawks46

Reaction score
I wouldn't say you're a better over all team. You've been playing better of late, that's for sure.

But you lose the individual matchups against the Seahawks. It doesn't matter how you played against the Panthers, Cardinals, GB, etc. They don't have our players.

The media seems to lose that.

If Kaepernick could ever even get to a 3rd read consistently, he'll be scary as hell. He also needs to learn how to throw more than a fastball.