Game! (Photo from Sherman's facebook feed)

Happy

Reaction score
Epic!

1510415_614116818663622_324581009_n.jpg

mikeak

Reaction score
Funny - in a few years people will see this and say how they remember Sherman's one handed interception to close out the game :)

strohmin

Reaction score
I seriously think he could have caught that with one hand.

seanoob

Reaction score
Keep making plays like that and I don't care how much trash talk comes out of that mouth.

OP
OP
Happy

Happy

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1p2fpd0i said:
That is one of the epic moments in Seahawks history right there.

Yeah.

That's a defining moment for sure.

kigenzun

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3ty3nxzu said:
Happy":3ty3nxzu said:
In the 80's, the Niners had The Catch.

Now Seattle has The Interception.
Once upon a time, Joe Montana rolled right, lofted a wobbly lob, and basically pulled a miracle victory out of his back pocket against the Mighty Cowboys. When Dwight Clark came down with that ball in the back of the end zone, it was an epic defining moment in sports, and the 49ers went on to win their first SuperBowl. This came to define their team and led to them becoming a storied franchise known for excellence. To the tune of those 5 golden rings we keep hearing about.
There are many moments like this throughout sports history: Bird Stole The Ball, Michael Jordan's heroic buzzer beater jumpers, Kirk Gibson's hobbled Walk Off Homer, The Do you believe in Miracles? USA Hockey Team, The Catch, and many many more...
However, something happened tonight that we all witnessed as special; a franchise defining moment in Seattle.

'The Tip' by Richard Sherman, into the waiting hands of Malcolm Smith, was the nail in the coffin 3rd turnover to seal the victory in tonights game over the 49ers. And is every bit of an epic sports moment for Seattle in 2014, as The Catch was for San Francisco way back in 1981. IMO 'The Tip' will be the moment we all remember, that helped us break through to our first SuperBowl victory i.e. The Moment That Defines A Franchise. Tonight was special. May we all remember it forever. Go Hawks!

Latest posts