Big Congrats from a Saints fan

NoLaSaints

Reaction score
Congratulations on a hard-fought, well deserved win. You guys have been the NFC team to beat all year and, in a way, this is no surprise.

It is also very pleasing that we don't have to hear Harbaugh's arrogance.

What do you think the Hawk's need to do to neutralize Peyton and the crew?

Again, congrats and good luck.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
NoLaSaints":gi8hsl0d said:
Congratulations on a hard-fought, well deserved win. You guys have been the NFC team to beat all year and, in a way, this is no surprise.

It is also very pleasing that we don't have to hear Harbaugh's arrogance.

What do you think the Hawk's need to do to neutralize Peyton and the crew?

Again, congrats and good luck.

I think the D needs to cover well so that it forces Peyton to hold the ball longer than normal.

He is known for getting the ball out quick and avoiding pressure, but if our secondary can cover better than he is used to, then he will get hit a lot by our pass rush.

seadoc30

Reaction score
They haven't played a defense like us. I think the Broncos are kind of similar to the Saints. They depend on execution and finesse playing style and when someone disturbs that, they melt down and practically just give up. Just like what happened to the Saints in our first game at Clink. Your receivers thought it will be another day at the office, run routes and catch balls. But what we do and do with perfection, is get into the receivers mind, disturb their routes with physical play, and then if by chance they catch a ball, they get hit so hard that they dont want anymore.

I am suspecting the Broncos will come with similar mentality. They will be thinking its another weak afc defense and they would be able to easily function. Plus, if we get to Payton and hit him a couple times, you will then see those ducks he throws picked off one by one. lol

drdiags

Reaction score
Thanks! Best of luck next year and beyond for the Saints.

First, they need to not let Denver's running game. They will need to handle the Thomas boys better than the Pats did today. That leaves Decker and Welker, so Maxwell, Lane and Thurmond will have to stay on their game. They have talent but Peyton has made many capable defenders look pedestrian. I would look at the two Charger games to see what they were doing, since I think the Seahawks secondary is better than the Chargers.

The bigger question is whether the Seahawks offense can play more evenly across the board. Knighton is no joke so our OL better play better than it has lately. I think the offense will play better but some may be looking for a bump from Harvin. I am in a wait and see mode.

Hope it turns out to be a good game.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Press coverage. Disrupt the timing of Denvers routes. Peyton doesn't go deep, especially in cold weather. We're the best team in the NFL at playing press with a mixed man/zone. Peyton is the best at audibles and reading defenses. But disrupt his routes and he'll get frustrated and make a mistake.

I think it will be a dominating performance by the Seahawks.