My Post Game Thoughts

Crizilla

Reaction score
Now that the game has been over for a few hours and everything has sunk in, how huge was Haushka? Without those field goals all the niners do is have to kick a field goal on that last possession to either tie or win. Win or lose the smoke-a-bowl, this win will last a very, very long time. We've created something up here in the northwest and if you want respect, if you want to be take seriously, you win a game like this, and we did. Our rival with the San Fran is smoking hot right now and I'm already excited to get to play them at least twice again next year.

Baldwin. The guy is the real deal. That's all that needs to be said. If anyone hasn't heard of him yet, they do now.

Russ being russ. Staying poised, focusing on MAKING BIG TIME PLAYS.

Tate had a huge 3rd down conversion catch. Lynch was beastly yet again. Not sure if that was his or russ' fault on the goal line fumble. The hand off seemed a little high but I still think Lynch should have held on.

Bowman's injury. Gruesome. You never want to see that in. Against a hated rival or not. Speedy recovory.

2nd half adjustments on offense:
we were simply getting rid of the ball quicker and it paid off, still 0-3 in the red zone however

on defense:
Wow. Props to the coaching staff for making big time adjustments in the 2nd half. San Fran didn't score the last 18 minutes of the game. We made Kaep force himself to try and beat us with his arm. He's a great player but decision making in clutch moments isn't a strong point. Doesn't seem to throw defenses off/very predictable with his throws.

Shutting down Gore. Nuff said.

other notes:
I thought Kaep smiling like a happy little kid who just got a new toy at the end of his 50+ yard run was hilarious.

Pam Oliver was embarrassing and Fox should SERIOUSLY CONSIDER ON REPLACING HER. SERIOUSLY.

Where were the towels? Only saw them being waved toward the end of the game. They definitely weren't waved as much as I thought. Whatever.

Post game russ was asked what was going through his mind when the clock was winding to 0's. His response: "I could be playing baseball right now". Confused on that one. Guess I didn't get it?

Go hawks. Too soon to talk about the matchup against denver. Lets enjoy this tonight.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
"I could be playing baseball right now". Confused on that one. Guess I didn't get it?

I think what he meant by that was "Wow, I'm glad I made the right choice, I'm about to go to the super bowl and that's more exciting than anything baseball can offer"

It came off weird but that's how I took it.

rjas77

Reaction score
The towels were "Surrender" white. I never waved mine because of it.