Was this game closer than it should've been?

skater18000

Reaction score
Given we made a lot of mistakes, if we had executed earlier in the game (not fumbling 3 points away on the first play or later fumbling away the ball on 4th and 1). If we had taken the field goal although I was all for going for it on 4th and 1 with Marshawn right at bowmans replacement like we did, if we had take the 3 points, and taken the 6 point lead there, assuming we got the next 3 points afterwards, we'd be up 9. Given the 3:37 left on the clock, I think the game would've been over. It's disappointing we can't run a dive play up the middle without that bogus happening. All thoughts aside, no criticism, Marshawn played amazing. Go hawks

SNDavidson

Reaction score
If only there was a job opening for a second guessing/hindsight coach, you'd be all over it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep, but its the playoffs and for the right to go to the Super Bowl, I was hoping for a blowout, but after the first play I knew my original prediction of a closer game was more likely. IMO these were/are the 2 best teams in the NFL, it should have been a slobberknocker and it was. Doesn't matter if you win these by 1 or 80, a W is a W.

Wartooth

Reaction score
If only some people would soak their heads in a bucket of piss...

rix98

Reaction score
The difference in the game was Lynch, especially that TD game. Other than that it was a wash.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
The odds of them recovering like 4 fumbles has to be astronomical, should have been a much more lopsided score.

NINEster

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2q20flj2 said:
The odds of them recovering like 4 fumbles has to be astronomical, should have been a much more lopsided score.

Hard to say.

The 4th and 7 strike was a lot flukier than the Kaepernick to Boldin TD, esp. considering the plays leading up to it and the fact that it was a free play and wouldn't have been attempted otherwise. The long Lynch TD perhaps that was bound to happen despite the mistake by Eric Reid (you know, like the mistake by Earl Thomas when Gore had the huge run on him). I guess the Wilson 10 second scramble to get that first bomb to Baldwin (?) was bound to happen as well because that is the essence of Seattle in the Wilson era.....1 or 2 Wilson scrambles for big plays against any team in the NFL.

Point is, Wilson didn't exactly light up the 49ers in this game with long drive after long drive.

A job well done in making the plays and getting the win.

The 49ers running game failing to sustain a respectable 3.5-4.0 ypc, and more time off the clock with game manager type short throws was the real story to SF losing this game in my mind. Until the 49ers fix that, they will probably never win in Century Link again.

The Seahawks made better second half adjustments. But there was a point in this game had the 49ers got a lucky break in the first half, it could have been a real backbreaker for the Seahawks.

Say what you want about the 49ers, but they had a lead for a full 3 quarters in Century Link despite a less than stellar offense. You think the Seahawks would have gone to the super bowl if the 49ers clinched the NFC West?

kjreid

Reaction score
Both sides had breakdowns and great plays. I think it ended just about where it should have.

Inspector

Reaction score
This game's score was exactly as it should have been. Our defense saved the day as they should have.

Our offense has either been conservative or struggling slightly for weeks. We just aren't seeing the explosiveness that was the earlier part of the season.

If we are being conservative, I expect a total offensive explosion against Denver as we lay it all on the line. If we are truly struggling instead, I see a hard fought battle between Denver's offense and Seattle's defense with Seattle coming out on top due to shear physicality of play.