We ain't gonna get blindsided this time

Reaneypark

Reaction score
In 2005, we were the little, lovable Seahawks who snuck into the Super Bowl and we had this, "golly, we're happy to be here" attitude.

And then Joey Porter runs his mouth over something innocent that Jerramy Stevens said and that coupled with the Steelers/Bettis garbage and suddenly we're the villains and the bums and the guys who got no respect and, of course, we get screwed by the NFL. And even then, the Hawks could have won if they kept their composure and not gave into the opposition.

This time around, we're the black hats, we're the heels and we love it. Sherman is the ring leader. We're not gonna get blindsided. We're big. We're bad. And we don't give a crap.

I doubt if Sherm was this calculating, but think about it. Monday should be all about Peyton Manning. Instead it's all about the Seahawks and Richard Sherman.

No blindsides this time. We're going into this one with full knowledge of our roll and we're loving it.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
I am by no means Manning (any of them) Fan or a Broncos fan. That said The Broncos be the toughest test for your D all year, they have 5 WR that are threats and have a RB who can run the ball well also. Add in one of the greatest of all time QB and that Offense is SICK good.

On D they have a good run D, but are weak in the secondary.

Key for the Hawks isnt Sherman and the D as much as Wilson and IMO your WR.

Schadie001

Reaction score
But what you didn't have yesterday was anything that resembled a pass rush. I don't think Manning had so much as a stain on his socks. He won't be so lucky in a few weeks and he doesn't run like Kaep. Easy, NO WAY but our D is our strength and we match up well against big receivers in fact that's our advantage. Welker is Welker but one good thump by Kam and he might be seeing little Birdies. Plus Harvin will be playing once again.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Schadie001":253fk6ha said:
But what you didn't have yesterday was anything that resembled a pass rush. I don't think Manning had so much as a stain on his socks. He won't be so lucky in a few weeks and he doesn't run like Kaep. Easy, NO WAY but our D is our strength and we match up well against big receivers in fact that's our advantage. Welker is Welker but one good thump by Kam and he might be seeing little Birdies. Plus Harvin will be playing once again.

Very true, but Manning been barely touched all year. and do you guys have 4 good cover corners 9I dont know honstly asking) but read my breakdown, I think it comes down to wilson and your WR exploiting the denver D big weakness at cb

Steve2222

Reaction score
What? The little, loveable Seahawks who were glad to be in the Super Bowl?

Last time I checked we were the NfC #1 seed at 13-3 with arguably the greatest OL in NFL history, an MVP HB who set the record for most rushing TDs in a season, and a SB winning coach.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Steve2222":1g5oz1xx said:
What? The little, loveable Seahawks who were glad to be in the Super Bowl?

Last time I checked we were the NfC #1 seed at 13-3 with arguably the greatest OL in NFL history, an MVP HB who set the record for most rushing TDs in a season, and a SB winning coach.

You can't tell me that the Hawks didn't get knocked off their game by all the crap swirling around them during the Super Bowl. They were the better team but couldn't overcome the adversity including the refs. This year's team feeds on adversity.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
We have played and succeeded in enough big games that I am confident we come out ready to play.

BadGuy711

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2mwnhpmd said:
You can't tell me that the Hawks didn't get knocked off their game by all the crap swirling around them during the Super Bowl. They were the better team but couldn't overcome the adversity including the refs. This year's team feeds on adversity.

The adversity we couldn't overcome was a backup Safety who was already starting leaving with injury. Ruskell failed to ensure we had a capable backup for that game and the Steelers exploited that weakness immediately.

godawg

Reaction score
The 2005 Hawks were led by Hasselback, who was clearly rattled by the bad calls. We have RW, who gets rattled by nothing, who thrives in the face of adversity. RW would have beaten the Stealers.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The point I was trying to make is that this team is different. Instead of getting bullied, like they did in XL, this year's Hawks are the bullies and thrive in that role.

I love the 2005 Hawks, but this team is different.

Polaris

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":m2qxhdbx said:
I am by no means Manning (any of them) Fan or a Broncos fan. That said The Broncos be the toughest test for your D all year, they have 5 WR that are threats and have a RB who can run the ball well also. Add in one of the greatest of all time QB and that Offense is SICK good.

I hear you, but the Bronco's haven't met a defense that could hold a candle to our secondary (and defense in general). Denver has a decent run defense, but it doesn't hold a candle to San Fran's, I promise you. Manning is an expert QB (and future hall of famer), but the Legion of Boom has fully earned it's reputation and it's incredibly deep. Couple that with a fairly immobile QB, fast LBers, and a pass rush that is quite good, and this is a different proposition from anything the Broncos have faced all year.

Basically the Broncos should be worried about us.

I am not diminishing Peyton Manning in the least, but the Seahawks IMHO are probably the worst matchup in the NFL for the Brocos (and San Fran would be a fairly close #2).

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Polaris":9hjgm0yp said:
PatsFanNH":9hjgm0yp said:

I hear you, but the Bronco's haven't met a defense that could hold a candle to our secondary (and defense in general). Denver has a decent run defense, but it doesn't hold a candle to San Fran's, I promise you. Manning is an expert QB (and future hall of famer), but the Legion of Boom has fully earned it's reputation and it's incredibly deep. Couple that with a fairly immobile QB, fast LBers, and a pass rush that is quite good, and this is a different proposition from anything the Broncos have faced all year.

Basically the Broncos should be worried about us.

I am not diminishing Peyton Manning in the least, but the Seahawks IMHO are probably the worst matchup in the NFL for the Brocos (and San Fran would be a fairly close #2).

I think the Hawks were a matchup nightmare for ANY AFC team this year.I will also declare I have not seen enough NFC games know how good the 49ers Run D is, (I am an AFC Guy lol)
I just know MOST teams have to abandon the run BECAUSE of Manning and that O. So just like they have never seen a D like the Hawks, I KNOW for a fact your D has never faced an O like the Broncos this year. (they did break a crap load of records.) That said I be cheering for a Hawk blow out win. I dislike the Mannings, more Eli than Peyton but with reason lol. and well I love see DADDY all sad again.

Seeker

Reaction score
Peyton manning has faced a top 5 defense the entire year.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
If the Hawks get a pass rush on Manning. Lights out. Game over.