Would Gud Bradley have lost us that game?

^

• Yes

Votes: 38 71.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Tie

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Depends on if his game plan would have done a better job of stopping Kaepernick from those long runs, but I think he would have been fine.

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":amxe8j4o said:
Depends on if his game plan would have done a better job of stopping Kaepernick from those long runs, but I think he would have been fine.

I'm mostly referring to that last minute drive.

themunn

Reaction score
Honestly? I haven't seen a marked improvement in the defense under Quinn other than more productive pass rush, which is more a reflection of the fact that we have Avril and Bennett this year than anything special by Quinn, that's resulted in more interceptions due to more hurried QBs.

We only conceded 14 points less this season overall, but faced less potent offenses (the highest ranked was NO at 10th , whereas we faced two top 5 teams last year, based on points scored).

And in the 4 games against Harbaugh's Niners, Bradley's defense surrended 19, 19, 13 and 13 points (I'm not counting the two Ginn returns for TDs as that's a special teams score).

Going by that, the Niners STILL wouldn't have scored 20 on us

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
After a quick google search, I say no way.

On a serious note, I say no way...even though it was Sherm/Smith that made the play not the DC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yes. We would have been in is default softzone/prevent.
Wish him luck with the Jags, he is a good guy and probably a good leader, but a crappy DC and Quinn is a huge upgrade.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":16ritmav said:
Wish him luck with the Jags, he is a good guy and probably a good leader, but a crappy DC and Quinn is a huge upgrade.
They kinda were doing the soft zone thing, the fourth down to Gore for one thing. Too hard to truly answer question though.

ensett

Reaction score
Our defense this year does the exact same thing it did last year, it lets offenses march down the field on their final drive with no ability to stop them at all. Only difference is that we have been able to make that 1 extra play at the end of the drive to seal it. I don't feel the coaching is what made the difference here

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Axx":2kovzn5k said:
be honest guys

Why do you ask this question?

I'm no defensive coordinator, but I haven't noticed a dramatic change in the way Quinn calls defenses than Bradley. Plus Gus didn't have Avril, Bennett and an upgraded LOB with Lane, Maxwell and Thurmond playing better.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
By the way, people get on Bradley's case for the soft zone, but no one makes a peep when Quinn does it at the end of the Saints playoff game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3l6i6twt said:

I don't know about that. I forget who it was that was interviewed after the game, but they said that they remembered all to well how the Falcons game ended last year and they weren't going to let that happen again this year. (I'm thinking it was Kam who said it). The players weren't about to let down in that game yesterday. Our defense is just too good and have too much pride in themselves.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
So hard to say. A couple points:
1. Quinn is working with a far better unit than Bradley had last year: Avril, Bennett, McDaniel, 1 more year of experience and improvement from everyone else.
2. the 49ers were marching down the field on that final drive, and it took the play of the season from Sherman and Smith to stop them.

I'd much rather have Quinn, don't get me wrong. But I don't think its such a simple question.

warden

Reaction score
Why do we find it necessary to call some one out

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Axx":353pds7n said:
Sarlacc83":353pds7n said:

I'm mostly referring to that last minute drive.
You mean the one where they marched down the field?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":15db9z27 said:
By the way, people get on Bradley's case for the soft zone, but no one makes a peep when Quinn does it at the end of the Saints playoff game.
Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner

Not sure the point of this thread

olyfan63

Reaction score
The difference is a 1 point lead over Atlanta vs a 2-score lead vs New Orleans.

davidonmi

Reaction score
they didn't blitz once in the game, not once. So they pretty much called a Gus gameplan,
The pass rush was just better than last year.
I'd say no

lukerguy

Reaction score
davidonmi":a2j2v8rk said:
they didn't blitz once in the game, not once. So they pretty much called a Gus gameplan,
The pass rush was just better than last year.
I'd say no

Not exactly. Correct RE: blitzing, but didn't play as much cover 3. We played a ton of man.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
The difference is Bennett and Avril.

In Atlanta last year we had a horrific defensive line with no depth. Clemons was are only good pass rusher and he was injured.

This year, we get pressure with 4 guys and still drop into a soft zone.

That end zone play was a basic cover three, four under. Nothing fancy.