Who do we cut/trade in order to pay RW/ET/Sherm, etc?

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
I hate to bring this up but I cant help my self. A lot of guys are about to get paid on our team. A lot of guys are house hold names now due to the media exposure of a number one seed and a superbowl run.

We will need to pay and obviously keep Sherman, Earl and Wilson (in two seasons). These guys are the corner stones of our franchise. Other guys who will need to be paid include: Tate, Baldwin, Maxwell, Okung, Bennett, Avril and Haushka.

What are some ways we can save money? What guys are going to be cap causalities or pieces we might have to trade for draft picks?

We will need to probably cut Sidney Rice and Zack Miller. Miller has been great for us but we cant afford to keep him at that price tag. Browner will be gone. We might have to get a cheaper kicker because Haushka had an amazing year. I think Clemons should also be cut (too bad because I really like him. But Avril and Bennett are younger).

What about Red Bryant? He is a captain and great against the run. But we gave him a big contract.

This is the downside of being a great young team! But its worth it.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Not now. We don't need to talk about this right now. We're in the Super Bowl! Your initial feeling of self lothing were correct.

ensett

Reaction score
I've always been against cutting Miller because he isn't flashy but he's still a balanced all around beast. Unfortunately TEs are not part of our receiving game so we might as well just convert 7th round Tackle we draft to TE to block every play and save huge money

kidhawk

Reaction score
No disprespect to the OP, but these moments like we are in right now are rarities. Let's just enjoy the ride for now. There will be PLENTY of time to figure this stuff out in the off season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":36vnbwu2 said:
No disprespect to the OP, but these moments like we are in right now are rarities. Let's just enjoy the ride for now. There will be PLENTY of time to figure this stuff out in the off season.
THIS! We will worry about that after we win the Lombardi! :)

warden

Reaction score
Stay in the moment, just enjoy the Super Bowl, we will worry about this stuff in a few weeks.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Do not give shit one right now. Win the Superb Owl then party and enjoy the victory for a while before even thinking about any of this.

Championship babeeeeeeeeeee!!

Seeker

Reaction score
I would say don't pay golden tate, he has been dope in burst but tends to disappear at the worst times. he is nice but replacable (watch him end up being superbowl MVP now, so afraid to doubt any of these guys).