Did anyone see/hear Dilfer on The Herd this morning?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
And if you did could you post a link please? I can't find it anywhere.

It's worth a listen/watch let me tell you. He talked a lot about Pete and the psychology of his approach and the "bunker mentality" of this team. I think he was right on and I think you guys would like it. He also admitted flat out he misjudged this team earlier this season. Not that he has much choice on that account.

Seeker

Reaction score
He also admitted eastcoast bias. at least dilfer admitted his mistakes i'll give him that.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
I have a love/hate thing for Dilfer, but he was somewhat contrite and gave us props so ... My scale now tips a bit, lol

mikeak

Reaction score
It should be up on ESPN later today as a podcast. It came on at about 30 minutes into the show

Yes was good and agreed on bunker mentality

Also discussed weather for the superbowl as a factor but only for a quick bit. Said lets wait and see until we get there but bad weather would be a factor

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The only problem I have with dilfer is the amount of opinion he tries to state as fact. Most analysts that are good at whet they do also have a way of clearly distinguishing the two. Dilfer hasn't grasped that yet so often when he's giving an opinion it comes off like he just expects you to believe it as fact.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I hope I'm not going off topic here, but it must be a great job to be an analyst. You get to predict how things will go before the game, give your opinion on how things are going, then you get to come on shows and explain what we all just saw. I can't see how Dilfer should get paid. He produces nothing...I'm not a fan. Sorry, can't join in on this one.

OP
OP
H

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":3q306s5f said:
I hope I'm not going off topic here, but it must be a great job to be an analyst. You get to predict how things will go before the game, give your opinion on how things are going, then you get to come on shows and explain what we all just saw. I can't see how Dilfer should get paid. He produces nothing...I'm not a fan. Sorry, can't join in on this one.
Oh I'm not a fan either. I call him Dildofer. But, his analysis of the psychology of this team and Pete's approach to coaching this team was spot on. I have a Psych degree so it's a very interesting aspect of the Seahawks to me.

Kakaww

Reaction score
He gives the Hawks props by saying the team has soul. That's cool, but I think it's his way of saying the team isn't great but they are able to win anyways. Due is just so negative/intense sounding about everything, needs to lighten up.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Dilfer has become a troll to me as of late. It seems like he enjoys pissing off our fanbase purposely sometimes.

OrFan

Reaction score
Thing that bothers me is that he has nothing but negative things to say until he has nobody left to praise, other than the one he has been dogging. When he sees he has to admit he is wrong, or look like a fool, he changes his story. Hypocrisy.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I don't know, maybe I should cut the guy some slack...he's in a tough spot having to be objective and not just a homer *cough Berman cough*. Pete Carrol is the ultimate in team psychology...my father in law was saying last night on the way home from the game that Pete has found a way to get his players to believe that they can achieve greatness. I'd be interested in reading Pete's book.

olyfan63

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1c7y348t said:
Dilfer has become a troll to me as of late. It seems like he enjoys pissing off our fanbase purposely sometimes.

The entire job description for national media guys is "Troll". Get people emotionally hooked, positive or negative, matters not, as long as they're watching, reading, posting comments.

I just picture the pre-event production meetings where they flip a coin to see who gets to advocate which team and which angle.
Sometimes it's "heads" and Dilfer gets to pump the 'Hawks, and sometimes it's "tails", and it's Dilfer's job to rag on the 'Hawks and talk up their opponent.

olyfan63

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":332a11rk said:
I'd be interested in reading Pete's book.
It's also out in audio. I got it a couple years ago and listened to it, and that was when I knew, back in 2010, that Carroll would have the Seahawks back in a Superb Owl by this year.
Truly. I won massive bets off my coworkers last year when the 11-4-1 season surprised people, coming off the 7-9 2011 season. This year, I couldn't get any takers...

It's worth a listen. Lots of interesting info on and from Pete and his journey. Possibly your local library might have the audio CD version of it.

Pete has taken a lot of the ideas developed by Bill Walsh and used successfully in the heyday 49'ers run, among other influences.
Maybe after a few more years of Pete and John, and several rings, we'll become as whiny and entitled as 49er fans are now. I'm looking forward to having that problem.

The rest of the league is taking notes and copying from Pete these days. More copying to follow. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Of course, idiot Ruskell and his "high character" (no-talent) guys were a pathetic attempt to copy New England's success, so I hope other teams are every bit as successful at copying Pete and John as Tim Ruskell was in copying the NE Patriots model. (Also with a nod to the GB Packers model)

davidonmi

Reaction score
I listened to it.
At least he admitted his mistake, which is judging this team on film/tape.
What makes this team so great doesn't necessarily show up on tape