I am about to flip out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

checkdanews

Reaction score
All these people trying to ruin one of the best days EVER. Who keeps hearing "Michael Jordan didnt talk trash" LMAO do these people even watch sports....Jordan LOOOOVED to talk trash....and about 99% of the people talking trash about sherm, are White Conservatives...its getting dam near racists...disgusting, sorry guys I needed to vent...seriously pissing me off

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
BeZCzfXCEAAgtLd.jpg

"Keep my name out your mouth Crabtree! Don't you open your mouth about the best! Or I'ma shut it for you real quick! Triple H, we comin' for you!"

HawkGA

Reaction score
Uh, I'm white and conservative and I don't have a problem with it. That said, I've also read more of the story and follow it closely. Sherm's only *sin* was that what he did will be spread to everybody while only about 5% of the people will read any follow-up story at all.

In the grand scheme of things I've seen athletes do, even just considering trash talking, what Sherm did was minor at worst. I'd rank Kaepernick mimicking the Superman move that Cam does as more insulting than what Sherm did.

I honestly think it has less to do with race and more to do with a general dislike of the Seahawks and this gives people something to hang on.

TwilightError

Reaction score
That Sherman interview was just the best thing that could have happened. The passion of that man is a sun-like source of energy! Haters gonna hate.

OP
OP
checkdanews

checkdanews

Reaction score
HawkGA":1n0k7exq said:
Uh, I'm white and conservative and I don't have a problem with it. That said, I've also read more of the story and follow it closely. Sherm's only *sin* was that what he did will be spread to everybody while only about 5% of the people will read any follow-up story at all.

In the grand scheme of things I've seen athletes do, even just considering trash talking, what Sherm did was minor at worst. I'd rank Kaepernick mimicking the Superman move that Cam does as more insulting than what Sherm did.

I honestly think it has less to do with race and more to do with a general dislike of the Seahawks and this gives people something to hang on.

Geez, good way to be level headed! I agree pretty much, I just live in Northern california...so I've been hearing it all day, and ESPN is playing it out as Peyton the Angel Vs Sherm The Evil Villain. I'm starting to remember why I stopped watching ESPN, and started listening to KJR. BAH! lol

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Listen, we all love Sherm. But this is the byproduct of his actions.

When he mouths off, he attracts ALL the attention away from the team and puts it on himself. So people can love his antics all they want, but this is the downside. The media isn't going to focus on the positive, they're going to focus on the negative..........cause that's what sells.

TJH

Reaction score
Sherm is the one who put himself out in front of the team in the first place. Blame the attention on him, not the media.

HawkGA

Reaction score
checkdanews":1vm4ktp5 said:
HawkGA":1vm4ktp5 said:

Geez, good way to be level headed! I agree pretty much, I just live in Northern california...so I've been hearing it all day, and ESPN is playing it out as Peyton the Angel Vs Sherm The Evil Villain. I'm starting to remember why I stopped watching ESPN, and started listening to KJR. BAH! lol

I should add that I'm not saying some of those tweets and things are racist or come from racist people (seriously, if you're dumb enough to use the n word in twitter then you're an idiot. The internet never forgets.). I just think you could swap about any person and any action, if you make it a big story, these people would be making the same comments.

Starrman44

Reaction score
checkdanews":2x3utdit said:
All these people trying to ruin one of the best days EVER. Who keeps hearing "Michael Jordan didnt talk trash" LMAO do these people even watch sports....Jordan LOOOOVED to talk trash....and about 99% of the people talking trash about sherm, are White Conservatives...its getting dam near racists...disgusting, sorry guys I needed to vent...seriously pissing me off

I'm white and conservative, too. I have no problem at all with what Sherm did and does. I've always supported his right to say what is on his mind. It makes him a target and he backs it up.

As far as I'm concerned, if it makes Peyton Manning target him one or two extra times, I like Sherm's chances of getting a pick. I love it.

HawkGA

Reaction score
CANHawk":pd5prsjx said:
Richard Sherman = Razor Ramon!

I just hope there's no 1-2-3 Kid lurking out there some where. Not only did he come out of no where to be Ramon, but, let's be honest, he was pretty lame.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3avy6jf3 said:
Listen, we all love Sherm. But this is the byproduct of his actions.

When he mouths off, he attracts ALL the attention away from the team and puts it on himself. So people can love his antics all they want, but this is the downside. The media isn't going to focus on the positive, they're going to focus on the negative..........cause that's what sells.

Yeah unfortunately, it's dominating the airwaves, forums and headlines today.

I almost forgot we just won the NFC championship, after a gritty team win.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
The media loves this shit, they will chew it like Pete chews gum until all the flavor is gone and then some.

Let it go!!

White Devil

Reaction score
So you make an assumption yourself and throw all white conservatives into the mix and call them racist.

uhm...ok. :roll:

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
checkdanews":tu3ewdk3 said:
Seriously, dude? You are displaying the same ignorance you are accusing other's of. White conservatives? Wow. I am a white conservative and loved Sherm's comments.

This is why discussions of "bias", "prejudice", "racism" are utterly hypocritical in this society. EVERYBODY generalizes.

And, yet, you won't be banned for your comments. What a mess we've made of justice.

Whatever, Go Hawks! Go Richard Sherman!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
tom sawyer":1jdg8b5w said:
The media loves this shit, they will chew it like Pete chews gum until all the flavor is gone and then some.

Let it go!!

The media will not let it go, in fact I expect this story to be ramped up to Defcon 5 next week.

Davehawk

Reaction score
checkdanews":298pn0mw said:

You are ridiculous sir, plenty of non white conservatives have expressed issues with how Sherman acted.

Shame on you for taking this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.