Alvin Bailey and jumbo package

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I thought Alvin Bailey stepped up big in the game against the 9ers. The Jumbo package was big against the 9ers the hawks were in it when Lynch went beast mode on that 40 yd td run and i want them to use that on the broncos to run it down their throats.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Loved that package - huge against a 3-4 defense. Could much more easily dominate at the point of attack.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Did McQuistan and Bowie rotate at LG in this past game? For some reason, someone told me they saw the ginger in there on a couple snaps. I'm feeling good about the young depth we have a the Guard position right now.

McGruff

Reaction score
I don't understand Tom Cable.

One game we are starting a rookie 7th round pick at LG, the next game he's inactive.

And then rotating an undrafted free agent rookie with a pro bowler at LT of all places? Insanity.

But it worked . . . Although I would've liked to see Bowie in there this game.

McGruff

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":1dpp73wi said:
Did McQuistan and Bowie rotate at LG in this past game? For some reason, someone told me they saw the ginger in there on a couple snaps. I'm feeling good about the young depth we have a the Guard position right now.

Bowie was inactive. Carpenter started and McQuistan played.

Starrman44

Reaction score
McGruff":ivvgm7cn said:
I don't understand Tom Cable.

One game we are starting a rookie 7th round pick at LG, the next game he's inactive.

And then rotating an undrafted free agent rookie with a pro bowler at LT of all places? Insanity.

But it worked . . . Although I would've liked to see Bowie in there this game.

Bailey was used as a jumbo TE if I recall correctly. I'd have to go back and look, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":9p42ilmf said:
McQuistan and Carpenter rotated at LG, each playing 31 of the team's 62 offensive snaps. Bowie was Inactive as a healthy scratch.

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I re-watched the NFC championship game, Bailey was knocking Bowman and A. Smith around as the extra TE. the only time the formation did'nt gain positive yards was when Justin Smith slanted perfectly splitting the O-lineman and making the tackle. I think this is the Seahawks secret weapon against P. Manning's Broncos.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":hmcbtuqb said:
I re-watched the NFC championship game, Bailey was knocking Bowman and A. Smith around as the extra TE. the only time the formation did'nt gain positive yards was when Justin Smith slanted perfectly splitting the O-lineman and making the tackle. I think this is the Seahawks secret weapon against P. Manning's Broncos.

Not so secret.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I believe they experimented with this package at the beginning of the year when they kept the incomparable Mike Person on the final 53 and cut Sean McGrath as the third TE. It wasn't very effective back then, and they abandoned it after a few games. Might be schemed better now (or Bailey might just be a better player than Person).

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The dude is has be agile with some quick feet to get up on THOSE lber's like that, even if that was his only assignment. He seems to stay on his feet pretty well also. I'd like to see him starting somewhere on he line next year. Him and Bowie that is.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
Use this package, and the defense adjusts to the strong side...

Then pull the Guard and Tackle on the other side and toss it to Harvin.

Watch him run to the weak side after the adjustment behind Mike Rob and 600 pounds of lineman.

TD.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
How about we put him in on the RO and assign him to take out the spy with extreme prejudice.