Jeremy Lane hit

captSE

Reaction score
So far all I've read and seen on replay is "some guy in street clothes" clothes-lined Lane out of bounds on that play. Do they have a name on that guy who did it?
I looked at the replays and can see Harbaugh looking in that direction.......I could see the guy who threw his arm out but not his face on replay.
Just curious.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I've heard nothing other than somebody linked to video yesterday. Nice to see the media cherry pick what they want to report on and leave this out. I'm hopefully it will at least draw a fine and then become a story then.

Bullmeister

Reaction score
Watched the replay. My personal opinion...... J Lane simply stepped on the plastic 1st Down marker that was in front of the 49er sideliner, his foot slid off and and he lost his footing. Just happened to be timed to look like the 49er sideliner was involved, who I think really may of just been trying to get out of the way. Judging from the way Lane fell and got up again, Lane himself did not even seem to think anything untoward had happened. If he had felt that he had actually been tripped up by the 49er sideliner, I am sure he may of protested after the play.

checkdanews

Reaction score
Bullmeister":v7qa4ru2 said:
Watched the replay. My personal opinion...... J Lane simply stepped on the plastic 1st Down marker that was in front of the 49er sideliner, his foot slid off and and he lost his footing. Just happened to be timed to look like the 49er sideliner was involved, who I think really may of just been trying to get out of the way. Judging from the way Lane fell and got up again, Lane himself did not even seem to think anything untoward had happened. If he had felt that he had actually been tripped up by the 49er sideliner, I am sure he may of protested after the play.

Clear as day to me, he got hit

pMw9VKw.gif

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
checkdanews":2d4tiejq said:
Bullmeister":2d4tiejq said:

Clear as day to me, he got hit

pMw9VKw.gif

Yeah... If he had slipped on the flag, the flag would have moved. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the play where the returner muffed the catch and had this not happened, Lane is probably there to clean up.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This is like the Tomlin fiasco. Another angle will become available, and it will make it look even worse.

Watch the guy behind, he knows what just happened.

w00t

Reaction score
cheap shot... LOOK AT LANE'S HEAD.. HIS JAW WAS HIT.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
It's Quinton Dial, rookie DE from Alabama who was on the Inactive list for the game, as he has been for most of the season.

What makes it seem plausibly intentional is the fact that Dial's feet are moving forward. That would not be consistent with a defensive action.

Legion12Boom

Reaction score
They were talking about that on NFL Insiders today, looks like there might be a fine coming down from the league. Guess will find out in a few days. They said something similar happened to the Jets, they got fined $100,000.00 and the guy involved lost his job.

OrFan

Reaction score
At the moment of the hit, Dial's shoulder gets rocked backwards and Lane's head goes violently back. Those cannot happen because of a slip. Lane's foot goes up as in a normal running step, not out as it would if he slipped.

Plain as day.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
There's no question that Lane's face collided with the player in question. In the GIF above it's very clear. If it was intentional pretty bush league.

Emerald12

Reaction score
Bullmeister":1u52flxp said:
Watch his head, the guy clearly hit him.

baumer64

Reaction score
To me, it looks obvious that the hit was intentional. He sees Lane coming and you can see him rise up and hit Lane in the head with what looks like his shoulder. You can also tell that he wasn't jumping to avoid contact because his momentum goes forward.
Very cheap shot and the type of thing that could be a game changer. How did the official NOT see that? When a player leaves the field, as Lane did, they are supposed to watch to make sure the player attempts to get back in play as soon as they can. We've seen opponents penalized for this a couple times this year.

rightbench

Reaction score
If you watch the guy as he comes into the screen he's looking at Lane.
Then before Lane's show hits the marker, the sideline guy's shoulder moves our from behind the coach on the sideline TOWARD lane. Not back and out of the way.
It doesn't appear that Lane's foot ever touches the down marker either.
And why would that coach or whoever NOT move when someone's running towards them. not 1 step in any direction. Doesn't even look towards him.

gulliver

Reaction score
If that is really Quinton Dial, kid's got a history--I should know about that as a Georgia football fan. Check this out from the SEC CG in 2012:

[youtube]huEImWnQqMM[/youtube]

OrFan

Reaction score
Notice Hairball standing there watching the whole thing? He looks pleased.

Latest posts