The Manning Love-fest begins

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/st ... l-playoffs

The stupidest quote in here is this one

So while this year's Super Bowl is a clash of the two best teams in football -- the top scoring offense versus the top scoring defense -- it also will be a reminder of how championships are now won in this league.

It's almost like Chadiha missed the 2007 Super Bowl. But I guess when you're trying to push the offense wins championships angle, you're bound to say something stupid.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Manning still has one big choke left in him. Who better to do it against than the best defense in the league?

Seeker

Reaction score
Remember, chadihah is the guy who said russ would have a sophomore slump.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2427w8wv said:
So while this year's Super Bowl is a clash of the two best teams in football -- the top scoring offense versus the top scoring defense -- it also will be a reminder of how championships are now won in this league.

I don't get how this quote paints the broncos or Manning as champs?

How Championships are won in this league over the past 10 years is with good defense, that's how it's won.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
I think Sherman is licking his chops to burn their ever beloved Manning.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The will Manning retire angle is going to get worked to death.

And there is zero chance Manning retires. Zero.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Manning is this year's "Win one for the Bus" lazy story-line for the mediabots.

OP
OP
Sarlacc83

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2q0a1vmq said:
Sarlacc83":2q0a1vmq said:

I don't get how this quote paints the broncos or Manning as champs?

How Championships are won in this league over the past 10 years is with good defense, that's how it's won.

I take it you didn't read the article, or you'd have gotten the context. Chadiha spends a couple thousand words slobbering over Manning's offensive accomplishments and talking about how he's going to win Lombardi #2. So the final statement says that offense wins Super Bowls in the modern NFL.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Chadihah hates the Seahawks. He speaks against them every chance he gets.

Get used to the Manning love fest, though. It's only going to get worse the closer we get to the game.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
Thunderhawk":3gqt0ym3 said:
Manning is this year's "Win one for the Bus" lazy story-line for the mediabots.

We all watched how that unfolded for the Seahawks last time in the billion dollar WWE-esque NFL.

1) Manning may retire! Goes out on top!
2) Fox triumphantly returns from heart issues and near death!
3) Champ Bailey - a soft spoken champion versus the heel that is Richard Sherman
4) "White Hat" Broncos versus "Black Hat" Seahawks symbolizing good vs. evil

There are far more positive storylines for the masses if good triumphs over evil. We will know early on based on officiating if this is Bettis all over again. Look at Ray Lewis last year, cause for concern.

Axx

Reaction score
since when did the majority hate the seahawks so much.

Not that i dislike it, i love it. It just sucks that they never eat their crow

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Funniest thing happened when I clicked on the link, it showed Berman in studio with a graphic showing 3 out of the last 4 meetings the #1 D defeats #1 O. So I just stopped there. That's good enough for me.

olyfan63

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3ut7g2qn said:
Manning still has one big choke left in him. Who better to do it against than the best defense in the league?
^^ This!!
Love it!!

Seattle has one of the all-time elite pass defenses and secondary.

Of the New England corners, Talib, the one who got injured vs. the Broncos, is the only one who could play for Seattle. And he'd be behind Sherman, Maxwell, and Thurmond.
Should be a helluva chess match between #1 and #1 D.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
olyfan63":m1xn5yft said:
HeatEquation":m1xn5yft said:
^^ This!!
Love it!!

Seattle has one of the all-time elite pass defenses and secondary.

Of the New England corners, Talib, the one who got injured vs. the Broncos, is the only one who could play for Seattle. And he'd be behind Sherman, Maxwell, and Thurmond.
Should be a helluva chess match between #1 and #1 D.

Yeah, I'm a Pats fan and I agree that you by far have a better secondary. Your defense reminds me of the 2001-2004 Patriots defenses that gave Peyton a ton of trouble. If you can get pressure on Peyton with a 4 man rush and get physical with their receivers at the LOS to throw off their timing, you will have a lot of success. Seahawks have the personnel to do this.

I really hope you guys get to experience "Manning face" first hand. It's a very satisfying feeling. I really don't want to see him win a second SB.

I'm a huge Seahawks fan for the next 2 weeks.

calinator

Reaction score
Yup and the weather will be bad. Pats were able to get great pressure on Manning, I fear against the Seahawks he will have all day to throw though...

HeatEquation

Reaction score
calinator":6tiwtrrl said:
Yup and the weather will be bad. Pats were able to get great pressure on Manning, I fear against the Seahawks he will have all day to throw though...

Hope this is a joke.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
calinator":3dm9jxou said:
Which part?

My bad. You must have been referring to the 2001-2004 Pats. Yes, they were able to get great pressure. I think Seattle can have success in that department as well.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
My favorite part are the guys in the comments predicting a Denver blowout. There was one guy asking how many Richard Shermans we have when they go five wide. Um, we have one and we also have Kam, Earl, Max and Thurman, might want to learn who they are.

I think we get to Manning early and often in this game and we might just completely destroy them.

Oh and there's this dude named Percy Harvin. Yeah, forgot about him, didn't ya!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
The last time we lost by more than a TD was how long again? More than 2 seasons ago. I would be shocked if we lost in a blowout.