Could Bobby Wagner get a ceremonial pro bowl nod?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
We know Bowman isn't playing. Apparently neither is Willis:

Ahmad Brooks flying tmw to Hawaii while #49ers 7 other Pro Bowlers not making trip. "I guess I'll represent us." Others are hurt.
https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/425357024583376897

Obviously Wagner cant play but if he were next in line with the votes, I hope they would ceremoniously announce that he made the pro bowl and then move on the next MLB down the list. I have no idea where he stands in the voting though. He started slow at times this season, but he ended the year on an absolute tear. It would be a nice honor for Wags.

jlove6

Reaction score
It would be great for Wagner and he's very deserving. 15 tackles last night, another great game. :th2thumbs:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Wagner is the BEST linebacker that nobody ever talks about. dude is phenomenal and he was straight beasting last night!

skater18000

Reaction score
Still think he's better than Keuchly, especially for a Pete Carroll team wear speed and athleticism from a linebacker is essential. To have got him in the nd round and after two full years of starting is clearly one of the best in the leauge is quite astonishing. You could make a case most of the players on our defense are good enough to make the pro bowl. Bennett, Mebane, Avril, Maxwell.

olyfan63

Reaction score
skater18000":1638rah5 said:
Still think he's better than Keuchly, especially for a Pete Carroll team wear speed and athleticism from a linebacker is essential. To have got him in the nd round and after two full years of starting is clearly one of the best in the leauge is quite astonishing. You could make a case most of the players on our defense are good enough to make the pro bowl. Bennett, Mebane, Avril, Maxwell.

Kuechly is pretty damn good, and overall deserved DROY over Wagner last year. Seems to have followed it up with another excellent year. I think we would have taken him if he'd been on the board. Wagner has done an awesome job for us most of this year, with the exception of a couple games he seemed invisible (probably nagging injuries that were not disclosed). Two excellent players.

Throwdown

Reaction score
B-Wagz always seems to make one play a game that makes you just say "daaaaaaaaaaaaang"

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Bobby has been amazing the last half of the season. That ankle issue slowed him down for a bit, but man has he gotten back in a big way. He was great yesterday as well.