Why I think Seattle can feel good about this game vs Denver

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think we match-up really, really well against these guys. While also acknowledging we're facing a legend at QB who can win a game on his own.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/early-thou ... bowl-notes

Too many people are going to argue Seattle won’t win this game because they can’t keep up with Manning.

Frankly, that is a pathetic angle.

Nothing about this defense will scare the Seahawks. There’s no Von Miller. The secondary is full of holes. Robert Ayers and Terrance Knighton aren’t going to keep you up at night.

The Broncos have the #15 defense according to DVOA. This isn’t Arizona, San Francisco or St. Louis. This isn’t even the New York Giants’ unit (ranked #6 by DVOA).

In fact this is the worst defense Seattle has faced since Minnesota in week 11.

Really, the Seahawks shouldn’t have too much trouble establishing what they want to do — run the ball and use play action. Wilson can afford to take shots against this secondary and Percy Harvin’s return will add a few extra wrinkles.

The Seahawks had the #7 offense according to Football Outsiders despite playing some of the fiercest defenses in the league.

Only bad execution and mistakes will stop the offense having success on the day.

It’s as simple as that.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I agree with the article and I like our offense against their defense, especially with Harvin back. If the weather is a factor then that swings it our way even more so. I've felt since the beginning that our toughest challenge would be the NFC title game.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I agree, This will be a great matchup. One of my biggest concerns will be how we handle a hurry up offense. Manning could keep us from our normal defensive rotation. Our play on first and second down will be crucial.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Good article, but short of Manning and Welker, which players on Denver have SB experience? I think it's just as much an issue for the Thomases, Decker, Ayers, and their secondary. Furthermore, we've only seen hints of this point, but the Seahawks played an NFC Championship game that was practically the Super Bowl. I'm guessing they're better prepared for the big stage against a big opponent.