Fun Seahawks Fan-Geek Hypothetical Question

Kennewick_Man

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time posting, and I have a fun Seahawks history related hypothetical question.

If you've been a Seahawk fan as long as I have (1986) or longer, you have countless fond memories of many past Seahawk players and even coaches. Many teams that you felt deserved to have gone farther in the playoffs or even made it to the Superbowl. Unfortunately, history is history, but that can't keep some of us from wondering, "what if".

So, having said all that, I pose this question to you: If you could have one player or coach (in their prime) from any team going all the way back to 1976 play on this team in this Superbowl, who would it be? The catch? Whoever you pick has to take an existing roster spot at the corresponding position, therefore resulting in a current player being cut. Not an easy task considering everyone on this team is part of getting us to this point, but even fantasies have to have a catch.

My pick: Kenny Easley for Kam Chancellor. It's a tough one considering Kam is such a big part of the LOB and one of my favorite players, but considering the kind of player Kenny was I think he would seamlessly fit in to this secondary as well as bring what Kam brings and then some.

Have at it, I'm interested to hear who my fellow 12's would choose and why.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Easley popped to mind first as well. But there's nowhere for him to play! Swapping out for Kam after that game? After THAT game? No. No way, no how. And right now, I just like these guys too much to think about swapping any of 'em out. Was Walt better than Okung? Well, sure. But I like my guys right now... :)

OP
OP
K

Kennewick_Man

Reaction score
Aros":3bgtd76p said:
Easy. Largent for Lockette. :)

I was going to make that exact pick as well, but I decided to go with Kenny considering not only the player he was but what he sacrificed and unfortunately had to go through. Steve Largent in a Superbowl makes the kid in me smile, though, I must admit :)

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
Love Easly but and he was better then Kam but I'd like a bigger separation between the 2 players.
Walter jones for okung
Hutch for whoever is starting guard next week
cortez for mebane---but of course I'd like to see
Largent over any receiver we have

The Radish

Reaction score
All great pics but I would have to take either Walt or Hutch for whomever is playing left guard and/or tackle right now because there is no way they are as good as those guys.

Besides Beastmode would rule!!

:les:

Mojambo

Reaction score
John L. Williams and Russell Wilson could do an IMMENSE amount of damage in this offense.

I know the Seahawks minimize the FB a bit, but Williams was a really terrific player.

Rufus

Reaction score
chris98251":xk5jvjoj said:
Big Walt, Move Okung to RT and Breno to Gaurd.

Seconded.

My runner-up pick would be Tez.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Has to be Walt for Okung.

But I'll go with an unique answer...

Joey Galloway for Lockette/Walters

Russell's arm + Galloway's speed = deadly

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I loved Kenny Easley. First Seahawk I think other teams feared. The guy was a beast!

rjdriver

Reaction score
1. The greatest LT of all time for Okung.

2. Hutch for Carp

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tez, Largent, Warner, John L, Dave Brown, John Harris etc etc etc all good choices