Supposed weak offense

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I think our offense is not as bad as people make it out to be. As someone somewhere else here in a post pointed out the Broncos scored 26 on a mediocre at best defense while we scored 23 on a top tier defense (#2?). Denver scored 26 and 24 int there two playoff games but Manning is unstoppable. Huh? We have been without our top two receivers a large chunk of year (Percy all year). We are about to get one back for the bowl. The Broncos have shown they can be beat and how to keep the score low against them. With our defense it should not be a problem. I think the test is our offense matching up against there defense is what will determine the outcome of the game. And I feel good about it. Go Hawks.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
As I said all week, too many people were ignoring the fact our ground game was coming back to life. We had 175 against the Saints strong run D and all people were talking about was the passing game.

And again yesterday, Beast had a big game against the vaunted 49ers defense.

Our offense is not weak. Granted, our passing game is not prolific, but it does have a tendency to make plays when needed (see amazing play to Baldwin and Kearse TD in the game).

IMO, the best thing for us is our running game getting back on track the last 3 games.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Well that weak offense outscored the offensive powerhouses of the Saints and forty-whiners. Sure I wish they'd score more, but go back to my first sentence.

rjdriver

Reaction score
All I know is that we have faced a hell of a lot of defenses better than Denver's this year and they have never faced one close to ours.

I think we finally get 30 in this game and it will be enough to win.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
helloooooo Percy.

Time to make it all worth while.