Sherman knows what he is doing in terms of all this PR

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
First of all, let me start by saying that Sherman is the only defensive player in the top 15 of jersey sales.

This guy knows what he is doing. Offensive stars like Peyton, Brady and Rodgers are house hold names. Show average people photos of Tebow, Brady, the Mannings, Adrian Peterson and the average person will know who they are.

Show the average person a photo of great defensive players such as Patrick Willis, Robert Quinn, Earl Thomas and most of the average people will not know who they are.

But now, even my 21 year old sister who doesn’t know anything about sports knows who Richard Sherman is and how he looks like.

This man is about to get a HUGE contract.

warden

Reaction score
I do get the feeling it is very calculated.

Lynch is loving it, nobody is lining up to hear his one word answers.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
he has a degree in communications from Stanford going back for his masters.

There is 0 doubt he knows exactly what he's doing.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Listen to the interview on ESPN today if you don't believe this is calculated.

The interviewer tries to call Sherman out when he explains he was mic'd up by pointing out that he also called out Brady by saying "You Mad Bro?" to him. He specifically asks Sherman if he said it and Sherman hedges and refuses to answer the question. He deflects and says he was not actually on mic then and nobody heard him.

So it makes it look like Sherman DID say it and refuses to admit it.

Of course, we all know that the U Mad Bro picture was tweeted to him AFTER the game, and I believe he re-tweeted it. Which means that it was very unlikely that he said it during the game. But Sherman is maneuvering to make it almost seem as he did, which of course adds to the legend of the guy calling guys out after the game.

He might have dialed it up a bit for this one but he clearly planned to take the stage as the villain if he was given the spotlight. And he is clearly milking the moment and building further name recognition.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Amen. Nailed it. Sherm totally knows what he's doing, and is working the media to the hilt.
Especially loved his man on the street interview videos last year from New Orleans or wherever, when he asked people who was better, Richard Sherman or Darrelle Revis.

Sherman is running a lot of the Brian Bosworth playbook without the failing body.
Loved Bosworth as a player when he was healthy. All 6 or 7 games.

Sherman gets kudos over Bosworth because all Sherm's notoriety comes from his NFL play, since he was an unknown coming out of college.
The best part is that Sherman consistently backs up his talk with big plays.

The pick-6 vs. Houston by Sherman was one of the truly HUGE plays of the year. In the grand scheme, it's that play that gave us HFA thru the playoffs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Would have to agree. Long after the game, after his shower, after he got his suit and bow tie on, he cemented his comments in the public eye.

Who was it that said "Richard Sherman plans what he is going to say long before the game. There are no spontaneous comments."

Maybe he also saw his opportunity to take the FOCUS off of his team mates, put it on himself, and to do it on a National Stage.

If this is true, pure genius.

Basis4day

Reaction score
If it makes the Broncos throw at Sherman, bring it on. Brady learned the hard way. DON'T THROW ON SHERMAN.

Jac

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":tb4888ub said:
The interviewer tries to call Sherman out when he explains he was mic'd up by pointing out that he also called out Brady by saying "You Mad Bro?" to him. He specifically asks Sherman if he said it and Sherman hedges and refuses to answer the question. He deflects and says he was not actually on mic then and nobody heard him.

So it makes it look like Sherman DID say it and refuses to admit it.

Of course, we all know that the U Mad Bro picture was tweeted to him AFTER the game, and I believe he re-tweeted it. Which means that it was very unlikely that he said it during the game. But Sherman is maneuvering to make it almost seem as he did, which of course adds to the legend of the guy calling guys out after the game.

I always wondered about that particular narrative. I thought somebody from this message board created that pic in the first place, but then started thinking I was mis-remembering what I read here at the time.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Basis4day":1audcyz7 said:
If it makes the Broncos throw at Sherman, bring it on. Brady learned the hard way. DON'T THROW ON SHERMAN.
So did Kaep..............oh wait, he doesn't learn real fast so I guess not yet.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ivotuk":300uo0ld said:
Would have to agree. Long after the game, after his shower, after he got his suit and bow tie on, he cemented his comments in the public eye.

Who was it that said "Richard Sherman plans what he is going to say long before the game. There are no spontaneous comments."

Maybe he also saw his opportunity to take the FOCUS off of his team mates, put it on himself, and to do it on a National Stage.

If this is true, pure genius.

Baldwin said that.