The Evil Team

OrFan

Reaction score
Seattle has always been known as the quiet, soft, finesse type of team that nobody ever paid attention to or took seriously.

Boy have times changed.

I was listening to Brian Billick talking about the upcoming game. He said it was a good match up, number one offense vs number one defense, good vs evil..........

Has anybody ever imagined a case where we would be the "evil team?"

I absolutely love our new identity!

Seattle Seahawks, the Evil Team!

86Hawk

Reaction score
I saw that too. Stupid lady saying that during press conferences broncos will go by the book. Seahawks will do anything but. :roll:

Kamcussion

Reaction score
I used to wear a Seahawk hoodie and they would go.. meh

Now i wear a Seahawk hoodie and they tell me how much i suck...

Its different lol

Frohawk25360

Reaction score
its only because of our defense they look at us as bullies if we had the number one offense everyone would love us people love offensive success but hwen a d constantly grinds it out sometimes it gets ugly and people hate but god its so fun to be so good on d im hhardly ever worried on d

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again, as a KSU grad. When my Wildcats were the worst team and football, we were pathetic but lovable -- "Oh, look at those poor kids doing their best to keep up with a 50-0 wood-shedding by Nebraska!"

When we got good and actually beat Nebraska and Oklahoma, all of a sudden it's "I HATE K-STATE!" Jim Rome used to make it a regular routine on Monday's to trash on K-State, and any time we lost (during 10+ win seasons), Rome led off with K-State smack. When we beat #1 ranked OU 35-7 in the Big XII Championship, Rome talked on and on about this "great OU team" laying an egg, but not once did he mention who they lost to.

Some fans think that the NFL needs its whipping boys as tune-up games for the "real" teams. When one of those whipping boys gains a little muscle and starts throwing its weight around, all of a sudden the bullies who get pimp-slapped start running to teacher on the playground.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Embrace being the villain. Everyone who's ever talked badly about the Patriots or USC or the Miami Heat would secretly kill to have those teams as their own.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
We were gonna be the villains no matter what, might as well embrace it.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
My neighbor, who probably watches 5 football games all year, was talking to me about the game today while our sons were playing in the front yard.

She said "I was rooting for the seahawks, but after that guy... What was his name...Sherman ... said all that stuff, it really gave me a reason to root for the broncos"

So I've been thinking. How perfect is this? All the people out there who only take things at face value and judge everyone, they will be rooting for he broncos now!

We can crush all of their spirits at once!

The Outfield

Reaction score
86Hawk":1od25bxw said:
I saw that too. Stupid lady saying that during press conferences broncos will go by the book. Seahawks will do anything but. :roll:

Yeah, all those picks and holds the Broncos do are going by the book.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
It is definitely fun.

Now we need an almost all black alternate uniform. I have one of those Impact Jerseys which is almost all black. Just need matching pants with black socks. Then we can look even more the part of the evil nefarious villains of the NFL. Bwaaahahahaha...

Actually kind of funny, going into the Niners game I was telling everyone that loves the Chiefs they could root for us against the Niners as it was a classic good (us with RW, Pete's players coach philosophy, Coleman's hearing challenges story, etc. ) vs. evil Niners. Now we are evil:)

Axx

Reaction score
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I'd rather be the either good or bad then then irrelevant to most of the nation in '05.

chris98251

Reaction score
This was how we felt in the 80's with Ground Chuck and a guy named Easley, that team played hard hitting as well and had a lot of turnovers. We were beating opponents on both sides of the ball in those days.

This year it's much more hyped up and we have multiple personalities, The Ground Chuck years was a time of decorrum and politeness so you never heard what ya hear today. Except when pads popped on the field. The media is much more about thrill and shock then facts and stories.

BWRyan

Reaction score
As a kid, I loved Darth Vader, and rooted for Cobra over GI Joe.

I love our new identity. :)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Technically, Seahawks are the Good Guys.

DEFENSE vs OFFENSE.

I guess Hitler was a good guy, going on the "offensive" against so many countries.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Facing either AFC team, both the Seahawks or the Niners would have been the bad guys in the Super Bowl. No limits to the love that the media shows Manning or Brady.

In 2005 we were the good guys. With thugs like Joey Porter out there, how could we not be? Except we weren't--we were interlopers trying to rain on the parade of a foundation NFL East Coast team. We stayed quiet (except for our psycho idiot TE), tried to play nice, finessed all over the field...and we were hated for it.

Embrace the hate. Wear the black hats. This team can talk all the talk they want, no one will love us anyway because we are the interlopers again.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'm thinking one of you guys who is good at image manipulation needs to do a Kam Chancellor Palpatine mash up.

- bsd