Interesting analysis [maybe]

bowzerbird

Reaction score
Some observations I made re: this last NFC championship game.
At one point, 49RQB's reaction to a play was like "What??" "What just happened" "What the . . . " bottom line: he "became" confused by the result of the play.
Then . . . because of the mindset of confusion, it began a downward spiral of frustration, confusion, tension, anxiety and poor decision [judgment] making. He lost his composure, his "cool" his "mojo." And from that point he began making more & more bad decisions / mistakes. Didn't even remember the GREAT / GOOD plays he made. That at least could have driven him to a semblance of glory [we knew better though].

And that's the difference between him & Russell Wilson & Payton Manning. Those guys have composure. They don't let the previous play or ANY play affect the NEXT play. Interestingly, Russell does yoga. I'm not into yoga [Yoda, now him I like LOL] and he uses it to "calm" himself. Maybe if 49RQB could have "found" a way to "calm" himself after EACH play, he wouldn't make so many mistakes. He would / could concentrate on the NEXT play and "forget" what just occurred.

Listen to him in the post-game interview: Acted like he was marching to Babi-Yar. Defeated, head down, couldn't even look at the reporters and "rhetorically" when asked if this was enough, didn't wait for an answer but walked out. And curt very short answers, almost like he couldn't speak English. He couldn't "compose" a decent sentence / answer. My humble opinion. :roll:

Again, let's compare either Wilson & Manning to 49rqb: Post-game interview: both would stand proud, tall, look you in the eye, answer every question, and not look defeated even though they were. And WAIT till the interview was over.

Wilson & 49rqb are the same age: 49r is even a yr. older. Should he have at least an extra yr. of maturity under his belt? Obviously not. Russell has figured out how to "control" his emotions and knows what's most important in thee game. You cannot let any negativity get in the way of playing the game regardless of the previous BAD play.

Just a side track here but I think this is interesting. Was watching the game w/a friend. This friend is a REAL football freak [and I know ya all know what that means ~ no definition needed]. But esp. a SEAHAWKS fan. Right from the start with Russell's fumble and the 10—0 score she wanted to leave the room, was crying and KNEW [?????] we would lose [OY!]. NEGATIVE thinking is NOT conducive to winning. Imagine if Russel thought like that every time "sumpin' BAAAD happened" we'd never get this far w/13-3 at the end. She even walked out of the room when 49r threw the ball JUST before [my other hero] Shermy ticked it and Smith caught it. NO FAITH!!!
It ain't over till da fat lady singzzz and she hadn't sang yet [maybe farted :roll: ]. Ya can't let negative thinking "control" your life and in this case the game of football. I told her, "Feed off of my faith, enthusiasm, confidence" don't feed off of a bad play". A great guru saying is, "If you feed it, it will grow." So, dang-it FEED confidence, enthusiasm and faith that we WILL win and quit da whinin' and for you ol' farts [like me] it could raise yer BB and you'd have ta go and take yer meds. [Glad I don't have those probs].

But in watching football games and must admit I ONLY watch when the Hawks play, sahree. But, can analyze games pretty well. Listening to the commentators after the games I hear them say the same things I'm thinking. "Hey, that's what I thought" [duh]. You all probably enjoy Football more than me, but I love watching it from an analytical point of view.

Thank God we have a new "breed" of young players setting precedents of "new" ways to play thee game. The Hawks have displayed a VERY different way of playing then the "Micky" way of years gone by. "PeterBird" should get coach of the year, because he has "taken the Seahawks were no player has gone before" to a victorious way of thinking, playing and getting the job done BEFORE it's over.

And ya know, somewhere that ol' fat lady is still singin' cuzz it ain't over, bud. :th2thumbs:

Hope this gives yaz sum ruminatin'z