How many points do we need to win this game?

davidonmi

Reaction score
I think 27 seems right. I don't buy into the fact that our defense will completely shut them down.
Especially if lynch goes off and we control the TOP battle
We aren't going to shut their offense completely don't we just aren't, I do think we can slow them down, but the offense has to show up.
If we score 27 more likely than not I think we win.
If we get 30 I'll be really confident.
Obviously that won't be easy as the Denver defense is good but they can be had

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":31gx7rra said:
No more than 20. Denver will not score more than 17 points. The weather, the obvious fatigue/weakness you can see in Forehead these days, our amazing and historic defense and lack of a reliable running game all point to the Donkeys struggling to put up points on us. We're going to win this game and all we have to do is put up 20 points. I know we're good for it.
17 is crazy. I'm not sold the 85 bears could do that.
And Denver's running game isn't "unreliable"

Davehawk

Reaction score
They're going to score 20+, their offense is really that good. Going to call it 34-27 Seahawks win.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Broncos scored 26 to win at home against the Patriots defense. This game is on a neutral field (well I'll say ALMOST, you know 70% of that crowd is going to be Broncos fans). I wouldn't be surprised if the Broncos only score about 20 on us, and I think 23 is the magic number yet again, 27 if things get a little more pass-happy.

rjdriver

Reaction score
25 is the magic number.

Denver at best scores three touchdowns and a field goal. No more than that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Denvers RB has injured ribs, not sure how badly but Moreno has been the keep them honest aspect of commiting to much to the pass rush. Will have to make sure we at least test that part of their offense out. A few carries if he plays should tell.

Raptor22

Reaction score
Whatever Denver scores +10 (we don't want it to be too close do we? ;) )

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
chris98251":wj263ivi said:
Denvers RB has injured ribs, not sure how badly but Moreno has been the keep them honest aspect of commiting to much to the pass rush. Will have to make sure we at least test that part of their offense out. A few carries if he plays should tell.
if we can get an early TD or 2 and take the running game out of the game that would be big.
If we can get a Roman Harper like play that would also be huge

Hawknballs

Reaction score
21 points.

I'll have a full write up later this week but i'm convinced we win this game. Denver hasnt' gone up against a D like ours all season long and they are by no means perfect. they've lost. they'll lose to us. Book it.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Nobody on their offense scares me, not even manning. I feel more confident about beating them than i did about SF and even the saints.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Depends. If the weather is really bad - very cold, windy, with rain or snow - you guys could shock the world and hold Denver to a low teens score. That would be epic.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Kaiser":3lw2usr6 said:
Nobody on their offense scares me, not even manning. I feel more confident about beating them than i did about SF and even the saints.

Peyton hasn't been challenged in the playoffs this year. SD barely showed up and my Pats couldn't get a stop after Talib left the game. The first time he will be test is on February 2nd. Seattle on the other hand has been battle tested. This bodes well for you.

Smellyman

Reaction score
The scored 24 and 26 against SD and NE. They seem to have an unstoppable O just like the 49ers, they are rollin!

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
Smellyman":3ep3l8ct said:
The scored 24 and 26 against SD and NE. They seem to have an unstoppable O just like the 49ers, they are rollin!
they were able to take the foot off the gas early, so those totals are skewed

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I agree with the OP, 27 should be enough as long as the zebra's keep their snouts out of it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
davidonmi":21q9owlb said:
Smellyman":21q9owlb said:
they were able to take the foot off the gas early, so those totals are skewed
Sorry Denver never lets off the gas their offense isn't capable of it and their mindset is quite the opposite.