Best play in Seahawk history?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
23-17. NFC championship. 22 seconds left. The clash of titans...

Given the unnerving circumstances, the sheer athleticism, the consequences I can't think of a play that equals it in Seahawk history.

Open to suggestions but the more I digest the game and "The Tip" the more I realize how incredible it really is

rjdriver

Reaction score
Much Respect Si..

But Beast Quake was pretty freaking awesome!

razgriz737

Reaction score
Beast Quake was incredible, but after "The Tip"...man, it's too hard to choose, haha. I seriously was on the verge of crying tears of joy last night. :oops:

OP
OP
Uncle Si

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rjdriver":56byodh4 said:
Much Respect Si..

But Beast Quake was pretty freaking awesome!

1a and 1b? That Sherman play though... So much at stake

What's #2?

Barakas

Reaction score
Maybe not best but top 5 has to include the 4th and 7, TD catch that put the Seahawks on top.

Raptor22

Reaction score
It wasn't a Seahawks play per se, but would it be okay to include "Romo botches snap" on a list of top 10 Seahawks plays?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'd like to get "Wilson Launch to Rice vs. Patriots" entered into at least the top 10. If it doesn't happen there are serious questions about Wilson's future and the patience we have with him and getting to this point.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Off the top of my head, a few of the ones I'd put in contention, and in no particular order:

The Tip
The BeastQuake
Largent's Revenge
Seneca's Catch
Kearse's 4th and 7 catch

Amazing that so many of the biggest plays in Seahawks history seem to have come from this team. I know my old man memory has lost a few that probably belong on this list, but that's the way of it. There are others like Bo vs. Boz, which are top-10 plays involving the Seahawks, but certainly not top-10 Seahawks plays, if you know what I mean.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Hopefully the best is coming in 2 weeks, but in a vaccum, the beastquake tops last night. The run, the upset, and putting the 12th man on the map nationally.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
1: Beastquake
2: The Tip
3: Babs tackles Romo at the 1
4: The Largent Hit
5: Warner's TD vs Miami
6: Efren Herrera catches a TD
7: Krieg beats KC
8: Kearse 4th and 7
9: Alexander's 5th TD in first half
10: Largent's 100th TD

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
That play is up there for the greatest sports play in Seattle sports history, not just for the Seahawks. Easily number 1 on the Seahawks list, and IMO eclipses Edgar's double as the top play in all of Seattle sports history.

purpleworld

Reaction score
If we win the Super Bowl, there needs to be a statue, at the CLink, immortalizing that play!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I want Percy Harvin to make the game winning TD catch in the SB. If he does that, that will be the best play in Seahawks history... AND will justify his salary for his entire contract.

kearly

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":b0qgxva1 said:
I think we should rename the play to "Just the tip."

Finally someone said this so I wouldn't have to.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Not a lot of significance, but the blocked field goal against Del Greco and the Oilers in 1996 will always be one of my personal favorites.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Before Curt Warner's TD in the Miami playoff game, there was the 40 yard Krieg to Largent pass that set that up, just when it appeared the game was lost from a Krieg pick & Miami TD.