article about Sherman haven't seen posted

razgriz737

Reaction score
Best article I've read on the subject yet. I don't understand why people have such an obsession with whether players act "classy" or not. If you want athletes and coaches to keep giving fake and cliche interviews, then by all means continue being outraged everytime one of them dares to give an honest reaction.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One thing is really p*ssing me off.

The use of the word "thug" being clearly substituted for other less savory terms.

What appears to be a constant is that very very rarely do you see anyone that is white get labeled as one. I cannot think of one guy that is white that gets called that and is in sports or even a public figure, maybe Richie Incognito (who everyone was trying to label as "almost black" btw).

So let's pretend that it isn't happening on Martin Luther King Jr Day. I might be white as the driven snow, but I recognize BS when I see it and when articulate, intelligent people get called thugs because they are overly emotional or act like a jerk (Manziel does far worse and nobody labels him that, instead he gets called a pr*ck because nobody calls white kids thugs unless they live in Lynnwood and then that is only said with sarcasm).

Richard Sherman is brash and vocal, and he might even be a jerk but the knee jerk vaguely obscured racism is just pathetic. Especially from supposed 49ers fans that were crowing about knowing good football and ripping us for not being classy.

I see plenty of white athletes with tats that don't get that label, but the moment one black or brown kid gets a few tats and starts being too emotional, suddenly he is a thug. Anyone that says that? Up theirs. Seriously.