Do you think anyone on the current roster has watched SB XL

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I mean I'm sure some watched it.
But being hawks themselves now...If any of them really sat down and watched one of the most painful losses in Seahawks history.
Superbowl XL...aka the quest to get Bettis a ring.
Well...superbowl 48 could easily start to look like the quest to get Peyton another ring so he can be considered the best.
Not a conspiracy, but the Golden boy gets more favorable calls than not.
I hope the fully understand what they could be up against.
Once again no conspiracy or fix.
But I'm concerned after our last SB appearance that situations with key players like Manning could draw favorable calls...for the Broncos.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I'd imagine that as fans of football themselves, many of them saw the game when it was initially played.

I also imagine that it means exactly jack to them. This isn't the 2005 team, and the only connection they have is the laundry. They're not carrying any other burden than playing 60 minutes and going 1-0.

And in case no one else has noticed, we've gotten some favorable calls recently, too. Let's quit pretending that we're the hinterlands of the NFL still... we're one of the marquee teams, now, and the NFL is damn glad to have Wilson, Sherman, and the rest in the SB.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
The most physical defense in the league against a QB if you grab him wrong you risk a flag. Regardless of how far our team has come. We are not on the level of a Peyton Manning. They might be happy to have us. But they seem ecstatic to have him for his 2nd ring so he can be "the best"

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":1pbw1p4d said:
The most physical defense in the league against a QB if you grab him wrong you risk a flag. Regardless of how far our team has come. We are not on the level of a Peyton Manning. They might be happy to have us. But they seem ecstatic to have him for his 2nd ring so he can be "the best"

We're not called the most physical defense in the league because of what we do to QBs. It's because of what we do to WRs. We're not likely to get lots of hits on Manning because his release is so quick, anyhow.