NFL Films mic'd Sherman for the game

StoneCold

Reaction score
Apparently they have the tape but haven't released any of it. Supposed to have what was really said between Richard and Crabtree during and after the game. If anyone comes across it, would love to hear it.

SC

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, the league would rather act like he stabbed someone instead of what really happened, a pro football player talked smack to a guy who started it.

GCrow

Reaction score
Comes out tomorrow... Sherman and the Crabs wearing mics

Curtis Crabtree
‏@Curtis_Crabtree
Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman and Michael Crabtree all mic'd up. Will be on SoundFX on NFLN 9 PM Wednesday.

MXUg1Cq

Laloosh

Reaction score
GCrow":101ipbqh said:

Curtis Crabtree
‏@Curtis_Crabtree
Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman and Michael Crabtree all mic'd up. Will be on SoundFX on NFLN 9 PM Wednesday.

Okay, who's having me over tomorrow night? I don't have NFLN...

kidhawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2k3xfpml said:
GCrow":2k3xfpml said:

Curtis Crabtree
‏@Curtis_Crabtree

They post these Sound FX mic'd up things on the NFL.com website at some point after they air. I'm sure someone will post it here

Laloosh

Reaction score
kidhawk":180y9v8h said:
E.C. Laloosh":180y9v8h said:
GCrow":180y9v8h said:

Curtis Crabtree
‏@Curtis_Crabtree

They post these Sound FX mic'd up things on the NFL.com website at some point after they air. I'm sure someone will post it here

I'm aware. Was being sarcastic but thanks. I'm sure someone didn't know that.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
I can't wait... I think Sherman was genuinely trying to say good game to Crabs.

amill87

Reaction score
Apparently Sherman was on ESPN radio yesterday and some douche host asked him if he really said good game and was trying to argue with Sherman if he was serious.

Sherman said that he absolutely did and meant it. Said you will hear it when you hear him mic'd up.

The host also said Sherman said the famous "u mad bro?" to Brady, you can tell Sherman is tired of the media spinning crap and let him know that he never said that and noone ever heard him say that (the u mad bro was a meme)

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
amill87":1x6um48o said:
Apparently Sherman was on ESPN radio yesterday and some douche host asked him if he really said good game and was trying to argue with Sherman if he was serious.

Sherman said that he absolutely did and meant it. Said you will hear it when you hear him mic'd up.

The host also said Sherman said the famous "u mad bro?" to Brady, you can tell Sherman is tired of the media spinning crap and let him know that he never said that and noone ever heard him say that (the u mad bro was a meme)

Wow, crazy world when we start taking memes for news. Like all the people who think that Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her yard. Actually, Tina Fey said that on SNL pretending to be Palin. Not trying to be political, just pointing out how memes and jokes are becoming news.

amill87

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":3dp01npi said:
amill87":3dp01npi said:

Wow, crazy world when we start taking memes for news. Like all the people who think that Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her yard. Actually, Tina Fey said that on SNL pretending to be Palin. Not trying to be political, just pointing out how memes and jokes are becoming news.

It's the way things are nowadays. They just hear something and they want to form an opinion. Sherman is a polarizing figure, so surely he MUST have said that to Brady. Why would someone in the media try to understand facts? Facts are boring

pmedic920

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1gz75rzp said:
GCrow":1gz75rzp said:

Curtis Crabtree
‏@Curtis_Crabtree

Pm me, I'll send you directions to my place. Weather is nice in Texas this time of year. :)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I disagree with that analysis.

I listened to it too (there are links to it online). They asked him about whether he said "U Mad Bro?" to Brady after the game and he hedged. He never said "I never said that" (which is true) but instead "Nobody could hear me say that" this sounds like a deflection and sounds like he is trying to avoid the question. In fact, he seemed to go to great pains to avoid answering the question which we all know the answer to already (the picture was tweeted to him postgame and he re-tweeted it).

This makes me think he wants people to think he DID say that but he always wants them to think he is trying to deny it.

Which would be the exact move you would take if you were trying to create a perception about him like the one being painted. Nevermind that there is plenty of film of him honestly congratulating (and even hugging) opposing players after the game, and nevermind that if this was really the type of character he was - he would have a history of these kinds of postgame comments (which he doesn't).

I think he is very shrewdly manipulating the media to make himself the villain, which puts him in the spotlight.

We can argue about whether this is good or not for the Seahawks or even whether Seahawk players might resent him for sucking away the attention from the team. But we cannot argue whether this can be beneficial for him personally. 10 years from now people will still likely remember Richard Sherman and this moment but the average casual fan probably cannot remember the db that intercepted the ball 3 times in the SuperBowl in that Steelers/Cowboys game.

Seeker

Reaction score
This will bring you NO satisfaction.

Remember how the media framed Dez Bryant as an angry thug who wanted the ball?
then NFL films released the tape of him being anything but selfish
and the media STILL went with the story of him being a selfish angry thug.

the media is a self serving, self righteous spin machine that paints people the way they feel is most interesting.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sherman is a genius.

The choke gesture? Watch the Beats commercial with Kaepernick. You will see one of the crazed "Seattle" fans do the same gesture to Kaepernick as he sits on the bus. Also, the biggest outburst ever by Sherm is on the same day his own Beats ad debuts?

NFL stars that are not QBs have been historically difficult to market, especially defenders. They have to have massive personalities.

Richard Sherman has the same number of twitter mentions since the game that the Seahawks and Niners do combined. He added 270,000 new followers. Just the dollar value of that has to be alluring to advertisers of some sort.

When the miked up audio of Sherman is released, it is going set some kind of record for that type of audio. Advertising dollars.

Hawks46

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":20v9huxq said:
amill87":20v9huxq said:

Well that's easy. People aren't very bright and they believe everything they see on TV as fact.