Are Manning and the Broncos ready?

StoneCold

Reaction score
I'm watching highlight videos of both Sunday games and the differences are stark. Patriots and Broncos game almost appears to be gentlemanly. The lines kind of bump into each other and each QB had time to hangout and do the pocket passer thing. You switch to the Hawk 49'er game and it's like everyone is on fast forward in comparison. Everything is contested. Every hit is hard. No one is safe for more than a second or two. Perhaps I'm just a homer, but I don't think they'll know what hit them come Feb 2nd.

Go Hawks!

HeatEquation

Reaction score
StoneCold":34tdvm0i said:
I'm watching highlight videos of both Sunday games and the differences are stark. Patriots and Broncos game almost appears to be gentlemanly. The lines kind of bump into each other and each QB had time to hangout and do the pocket passer thing. You switch to the Hawk 49'er game and it's like everyone is on fast forward in comparison. Everything is contested. Every hit is hard. No one is safe for more than a second or two. Perhaps I'm just a homer, but I don't think they'll know what hit them come Feb 2nd.

Go Hawks!

That's what I noticed too. The NFC game was not just nastier and more physical but the two teams had far more speed. It isn't just you being a homer. I'm a Pats fan and even I saw it. My team would have lost to either the 49ers or the Seahawks in the SB and I do not think Denver will fare much better against you guys either.

Seahawks will get what they rightfully deserved back in 2005 - a Superbowl!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kirk Morrison from Fox Sports radio was talking about this yesterday.

He said Sunday morning that he was most excited for the Pats vs. Broncos game, but it turned out to be slow and boring.............he then turned on the Hawks Niners game and said "WOW, what a contrast in speed and physicality, THIS is the game."

I don't care what anyone says, Denver hasn't seen ANYTHING close this year to the speed and ferocity in which the Hawks play football.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2l12lr9o said:

He said Sunday morning that he was most excited for the Pats vs. Broncos game, but it turned out to be slow and boring.............he then turned on the Hawks Niners game and said "WOW, what a contrast in speed and physicality, THIS is the game."

I don't care what anyone says, Denver hasn't seen ANYTHING close this year to the speed and ferocity in which the Hawks play football.

Agreed. It's not much good being the surgeons, when the other team has a Bowie knife and you're stuck with a scalpel.

OP
OP
S

StoneCold

Reaction score
I just can't help but think that Manning is gong to spend much of the day on his butt laying in the frozen Jersey tundra. He's not mobile and we can cover short routes with LB's. What could change all that is perhaps the Broncos Oline is just that good. Still I see sacks and interceptions as far as the eye can see.

SC

plyka

Reaction score
StoneCold":ebir0z2a said:

Go Hawks!

I completely agree with you. Vegas brought the Hawks out as 1 point favorites, then 90% of the public money came in on Denver's side, and Vegas moved the line to Denver -2.5. One of the biggest swings in history from what I hear. 90% of the public money roared on Denver's side. I bet you all that money that the Denver folks are thinking the same --90% of the public betting money is a good gauge on what the uneducated thought process is on this game.

This last game was the superbowl, the niners were FAR better than I expected. They were experienced and ready, which is why they popped out to a 10-0 advantage. I really think it was experience on their side winning the day, and inexperience on the Hawk side for the first quarter. But then you saw both teams play up to their best and the Hawks were better. That said, if the niners had to play the Broncos, it would have been an absolute terror. I would be worried for Payton's safety. And the Hawks are better. Their defense is definitely better. I'm even more worried for Peyton. This man has 4 neck surguries. Their team cannot be ready for the force that is coming. I just hope Peyton gets down and does not take any huge hits.

This game is already decided. The Hawks are far superior, and far tougher. They will dominate.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
We would be playing the NE Patriots if Welker hadn't taken Aquib Talib out of the game. Here's the thing, Seattle is 4-5 Deep with "Aquib Talib" guys in the secondary. Peyton can make all the "Omaha" calls he wants, its not going to save him.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":s9hgww0r said:
We would be playing the NE Patriots if Welker hadn't taken Aquib Talib out of the game. Here's the thing, Seattle is 4-5 Deep with "Aquib Talib" guys in the secondary. Peyton can make all the "Omaha" calls he wants, its not going to save him.

I also think Seattle will be able to actually get pressure on Manning. Something SD and NE failed to do.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35l0wnj0 said:

Do you have a link to that? Or was it live?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It was like watching a Mountain West game and then turning the channel over to see Alabama-Auburn.

Seriously, these fans predicting a Denver blowout have no idea what the Seahawks are all about.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Somewhere I read/watched that Denver is aware and preparing for the physicalness but not so sure they can just turn on a switch even knowing it's coming.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pxzubpcj said:

*evil cackles*

piston bully

Reaction score
I believe its going to look allot like the first giants vs the patriots SB. Our D will have manning hoping that he just survives.

HansGruber

Reaction score
In the end, I agree with everyone else that physicality is the difference and will play a HUGE role. This Seattle team has been bare-knuckle boxing bikers, prison escapees, and the worst criminal scum imaginable in a dark alley the last 5-6 weeks, taking cheap kidney shots and 2x4s across the head. Now, we're standing there in the alley with a bloody prison shank in one hand (our secondary), and a wood bat with nails sticking out of it in the other (that front 7).

Peyton just came wandering on to our turf with a switchblade, dancing around like this is Westside Story or something. That dancing around stuff is great for the ladies and Broadway, but this is a freaking street brawl, fool. He's going to start out whistling and singing, and Michael Bennet's gonna give him a steel toed boot to the groin while Big Red Bryant starts hammering the RB's head in with a lead pipe. Bitch, this ain't Hollywood. You just stepped into Hell. Meanwhile, Beast Mode is holding his junk in one hand, a chain with a gym lock in the other, chewing on a toothpick, and grinning at Denver's LBs like a maniac.

seadoc30

Reaction score
The broncos O - line isn't that good guys. It's all P.Manning getting rid of the ball extremely quickly. Leads the league in that. I think it's line 2.3 seconds per pass. I am confident that he won't be finding a receiver open that quickly against our secondary.

So key to winning: make that 2.3 seconds into 3-4 seconds. This will expose Manning to getting hit. Now in order to do that, we have to play tight man to man, jam and beat up their recievers. No zone shit please! P.manning will eat us alive with zone defense.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
If we can run it down their throats with Marshawn, we can keep Manning over on that cold metal bench all day.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
HansGruber":1tv0imbo said:
In the end, I agree with everyone else that physicality is the difference and will play a HUGE role. This Seattle team has been bare-knuckle boxing bikers, prison escapees, and the worst criminal scum imaginable in a dark alley the last 5-6 weeks, taking cheap kidney shots and 2x4s across the head. Now, we're standing there in the alley with a bloody prison shank in one hand (our secondary), and a wood bat with nails sticking out of it in the other (that front 7).

Peyton just came wandering on to our turf with a switchblade, dancing around like this is Westside Story or something. That dancing around stuff is great for the ladies and Broadway, but this is a freaking street brawl, fool. He's going to start out whistling and singing, and Michael Bennet's gonna give him a steel toed boot to the groin while Big Red Bryant starts hammering the RB's head in with a lead pipe. Bitch, this ain't Hollywood. You just stepped into Hell. Meanwhile, Beast Mode is holding his junk in one hand, a chain with a gym lock in the other, chewing on a toothpick, and grinning at Denver's LBs like a maniac.

Post of the day. Had me cracking up in silence next to my sleeping wife. Oh
My god I am freaking sore from laughing so hard.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":3tmdhokb said:

Agreed. Post of the week. Your avatar matches your loquacious writing style. What in the heck Avatar is that anyway? Awesome post sir. Thank you.

HeatEquation welcome and great posts by you also. Thanks for the perspective.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Peyton's been throwing ducks all year. I've watched him play. He likes to toss his passes up there a bit, real high floaters.

You can't do that against the Legion of Boom. They've got enough speed to get under the ball and make a play, or use their size to just hammer the hell out of your receivers. I'm telling you, Peyton will be lucky to get out of there without a forced retirement.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
AFCCG was equivalent to Olympic fencing or maybe badmitton while the NFCCG was max mad and the thunder dome.