Super Bowl teams decided, ticket sales off to slow start

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.northjersey.com/eastruth...et_surprisingly_stable__for_now.html?page=all

:thirishdrinkers: THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN!!! :thirishdrinkers:

“It’s simple economics that when you see [Monday] morning there are 1,900 seats on the market, and [late Monday afternoon] there are over 4,500, that should drive the price down immediately,” Patania said. “So something’s wrong with this market.”

TiqIQ.com spokesman Chris Matcovich — whose company tracks such secondary ticket markets as Stubhub, which generally parallels prices being offered by brokers — agreed that the lack of a “bump” in the first 24 hours after the conference title games was surprising.

“After looking over the numbers for this year from previous years, I think $1,500 will be a reasonable buy point in Week 2, unless demand from Broncos and Seahawks fans picks up,” Matcovich said of prices for upper-level seats.

That would be roughly on par with each of the more recent Super Bowls, said SeatGeek spokes¬man Connor Gregoire, who agrees that the ticket-cost trend is likely to fall by next week. The average ticket sale price for last year’s San Francisco versus Baltimore game in New Orleans, Gregoire notes, slid from a peak of $3,445 just after the conference championships, to just $1,551 per ticket on the day of the game.

The advice, then, for North Jerseyans (EDIT) and Seahawk fans who are tempted to buy a ticket is to be patient.

rickychen

Reaction score
great new! i was so disappointed some ppl here wanted to charge me at the price even higher than stub hub!

NJSeaHawk":10bonton said:
http://www.northjersey.com/eastruth...et_surprisingly_stable__for_now.html?page=all

:thirishdrinkers: THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN!!! :thirishdrinkers:

“It’s simple economics that when you see [Monday] morning there are 1,900 seats on the market, and [late Monday afternoon] there are over 4,500, that should drive the price down immediately,” Patania said. “So something’s wrong with this market.”

TiqIQ.com spokesman Chris Matcovich — whose company tracks such secondary ticket markets as Stubhub, which generally parallels prices being offered by brokers — agreed that the lack of a “bump” in the first 24 hours after the conference title games was surprising.

“After looking over the numbers for this year from previous years, I think $1,500 will be a reasonable buy point in Week 2, unless demand from Broncos and Seahawks fans picks up,” Matcovich said of prices for upper-level seats.

That would be roughly on par with each of the more recent Super Bowls, said SeatGeek spokes¬man Connor Gregoire, who agrees that the ticket-cost trend is likely to fall by next week. The average ticket sale price for last year’s San Francisco versus Baltimore game in New Orleans, Gregoire notes, slid from a peak of $3,445 just after the conference championships, to just $1,551 per ticket on the day of the game.

The advice, then, for North Jerseyans (EDIT) and Seahawk fans who are tempted to buy a ticket is to be patient.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The price of SB tickets are obscene and criminal. It's disgusting what they can charge for tickets even though I get if there's a demand and people will pay, but still.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Combine this with the fact that it will not be pleasant weather to sit in to watch a game, and the price might go even lower than projected.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Hopefully the prices do drop. I know my brother hasn't been happy they are so expensive. I'd hate for his trip to New York to leave him out of the stadium after having the plane/room for so many months.

I'll tell you, that is dedication right there! Setting your travel plans for the Super Bowl way before the season is over.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I heard that Seahawks fans buying tickets right now far outweighed Donkeys fans. Everyone in Colorado is spending the money on weed.

253hawk

Reaction score
Tickets for the first Super Bowl were $12. That's $83.70 today and the average for SB 48 is in the $3000 range. That's a quarter of a billion dollars in ticket sales alone.

I hate the NFL.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Its very frustrating that tickets get in the hands of people looking to make a buck and not real football fans. Someone contacted me today, knowing I was looking and wants close to $6500 for a pair in section 306. He can put mustard on those.
In 2006, I used a site called reserveticket.com and bought the right to buy a pair for $700 when they clinched HFA. This year I am not as flush. Holding out hope though that things will come down. It is outside, so only diehards will go. The good thing is living in NJ, I don't have to worry about hotel and airfare. Good luck to everyone looking. GO HAWKS!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Aros":1tp9stby said:
The price of SB tickets are obscene and criminal. It's disgusting what they can charge for tickets even though I get if there's a demand and people will pay, but still.

Higher prices increase your odds of being able to buy tickets too, but yeah it still sucks.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":34cczutf said:
Just keep dropping now tickets. Just. Keep. Dropping.

clapping.gif.pagespeed.ce.fBwkRYxA56.gif

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":9jjvuffs said:

Prices like this might discourage ticket brokers though, whom have driven the price of normal tickets up about 200% in the last few years.

As for the slow demand....gee, I wonder why. Based upon recent history, I can be the first a##hole to buy a ticket for 3500 bucks, or I can wait a week and save 2 grand. PER TICKET. Yea, let me check my shocked surpised face at the door, Sparky.

Yes, all sarcasm is based on the article, not Aros !

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Jay-Dog":2ysiata0 said:
TheHawkster":2ysiata0 said:
Cmon 38 and rainy!
My goal is $1300 per

Seahawk Weather!

Dude! At $1300. Now, I would be all over that. It's only a paycheck to attend the greatest game. Is this even possible? I will keep my hopes up.

It will get there on the day of the game.
you'll just have to play chicken with the national anthem
realistically I will bite at $1500.

OrFan

Reaction score
Not surprising they aren't selling. They are holding it in an area nobody wants to go to, far from where the two teams homes are, and the conditions are going to be bad. The people who normally overpay for these tickets do not want to hassle with their security to sit in the rain and snow n near freezing conditions.

The shuttle taking people into the game is $51 per person per day. You cannot walk or drive in. If you go to just a few days worth of stuff that week, it will be several hundred extra just for the shuttle.

The entire idea of having the game there was stupid.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah I'm surprised ppl locally are selling for more than stubhub. With stub hub you can use credit card, you have much more security in your purchase as well. With craigslist it's cash and if you don't know what you're buying you can get completely screwed as a buyer.